PDA

View Full Version : Gundam model kit advertisements...

Drizzten
25-04-2001, 02:34 AM
Have you guys seen them? They are the "level 3, 10 hours" adds. I thought it's interesting that the ads are so serious and honor the hobby so much. What do you think?

Lord_Satorious
25-04-2001, 03:01 AM
Level 3? Is that like a 1/100th scale High Grade or something? Try maybe 2 hours, less if it's only a 1/144th scale model.

Drizzten
25-04-2001, 01:32 PM
I was just providing an example...I can't remember the actual words...but the spot has several "edgy" indie teens showing off their finished kits calling out the level # and the time it took to complete.

Tsunami-X
25-04-2001, 02:27 PM
i laugh every time i see that comercial... it's so stupid.... that dude with the beanie says "level 1 Gundam, 69 hours..." that whole advertisment is a big sham!!!!!! if you were a fairly good model constructor, you could probably finish a 1/100 scale in 2-3 hours at the most..... 1-2 hours if your really good.... :D

DarkPrimus
26-04-2001, 06:44 PM
According to the ToyFair reports I have read from several different sources, the Levels have no difference in the difficulty of the model. Bandai just divided up the HGUC's and Wing toys into five categories, that's all.
And don'tcha think it's kinda funny how that girl's so proud about here Epyon, when it's beam-saber connection is stuck on it's V-fin? :lol:

heerogf
28-04-2001, 10:24 AM
i love the commercial, it's so funny, and it doesn't try to have 10 years old boys running around like sailor moon or dbz, i think it stay true to what gundam really is, a hobby and it take times and work, not just a toy

Tsunami-X
28-04-2001, 01:31 PM
has anyone seen that CN commercial for Toonami? it's the one where those who guys in the Vegeta and Gokou costumes chase that little kid with the computer cursor on his back.... it's soooo funny.... i love it.... i wanna do it too..... dress up as Gokou then chase the litttle weasles around the neighbourhood :devil:

Sho Fukamachi
28-04-2001, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Tsunami-X
i laugh every time i see that comercial... it's so stupid.... that dude with the beanie says "level 1 Gundam, 69 hours..." that whole advertisment is a big sham!!!!!! if you were a fairly good model constructor, you could probably finish a 1/100 scale in 2-3 hours at the most..... 1-2 hours if your really good.... :D

what about painting..painting takes time..you cant just splash paint all over it and expect it to look good...

EVA fiend
28-04-2001, 02:23 PM
Heh, it takes me ages to paint Gundams..., it takes me a good 2-3 days just to paint a SD Gundam..., Master grade Gundams take me weeks to paint..., :D

Lord_Satorious
28-04-2001, 04:27 PM
What are you using? Enamels? Go for acrylics. Ah, the joy of an airbrush with acrylic paint. It's the only way to go.

EVA fiend
28-04-2001, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Satorious
What are you using? Enamels? Go for acrylics. Ah, the joy of an airbrush with acrylic paint. It's the only way to go.

I use Tamiya or Mr Color acrylic paints..., & I paint them by hand..., my hubby has an airbrush, & I've tried using it, but I can't get the hang on it..., so that's why it takes me so long to paint my Gundam models..., :D

Sho Fukamachi
29-04-2001, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by EVA fiend

I use Tamiya or Mr Color acrylic paints..., & I paint them by hand..., my hubby has an airbrush, & I've tried using it, but I can't get the hang on it..., so that's why it takes me so long to paint my Gundam models..., :D

hell yes...tamiya paint rocks...and it takes me atleast a week...to paint..then 1 full day to build....but eva models takes me even longer..