PDA

View Full Version : Who likes the Gundam Wing Opening Theme?

Shade
14-09-2000, 08:02 PM
My friend said it sucked!!

He thought the animation was cool, but he said that the music sucked and it gave the show a bad first impression!!

WTF!?!?!?

blueraven
14-09-2000, 08:17 PM
I have only seen it twice and are you talking about how it's in Japanese? If this is so I think its kinda nice to have some originality in the anime showed on american tv. As for the song itself, I have no clue what it is saying, and I forgot what the back music sounds like. Therefore I would have to say I like it. :)

Ko Hakaisha
14-09-2000, 11:25 PM
[hums a few bars of Just Communication]

Alright, lemme tell ya what to do ... First off, you go find your friend ... then you dismember him ... and proceed to beat him to death with his own limbs ... :evil:

[hums a few bars of Rhythm Emotion]

ryezen
15-09-2000, 01:39 PM
[plays Just Communication on winamp]

i agree!

[hums along]

LiDDoDrAgOn
15-09-2000, 04:35 PM
I love the opening theme! when i first heard it I thought it kicked ass! I even put it on my voicemail greeting. :D My friends got pissed off cuz it was in japanese, but screw them :mad:

Bisz
16-09-2000, 11:49 AM
[Plays Just Communication on winamp]

Yup, must agree, its good.

Bisz

LP
16-09-2000, 12:05 PM
I find the song itself is really cool. Upbeat (wait a minute, a lot of gundam themes are upbeat right?).

The only problem some people have with these songs are that

1) English is sometimes splattered all over the song
2) You can for the life of you actually understand the english without reading the lyrics.
3) English lyrics don't make a hoot of sense

Prime example of this is "you get to burning" from Nadesico.

But back to the gundam songs, they rock and I'll have to smack-down anybody who says otherwise :D

spc_dot
16-09-2000, 12:26 PM
The Gundam Wing opening themes are just awesome, both of them!

Your friend maybe didn't like them because they were in Japanese, but oh well. I have personally listened to music in at least four different languages so I've gotten used to hearing music in languages I don't understand, or don't understand very well.

Ko Hakaisha
16-09-2000, 03:45 PM
I personally like Rhythm Emotion best, but ... ^^ Dat's okay. [grin] Just Communication is awesome, as well ...

[notices how everyone started callin' it by name after he did]

And, personally, I like MMJB better than Winamp. ^^

SSJfemme
17-09-2000, 09:22 AM
Sad to say, but I've only seen the CN version of Gundam, so I've only seen the ending theme. I like the ending theme to it. Are the beginning and ending the same?

Ko Hakaisha
18-09-2000, 01:06 AM
[gets all switched around]

The CN ending is actually the shows beginning song ... O.o It's name is Just Communication. Very good. ^^

I personally like Rhythm Emotion better. That would be the song played at times like "Trowa's return to the battlefield" and stuff. That's my fave song from GW. ^^ Right up there with Sobakasu in j-pop faves. ^^