PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone give me a rough idea what Key to the Metal Idol is about?

RCX
08-10-2001, 11:52 PM
Curiousity :D
Thanks for anyhelp

Dryden-san
09-10-2001, 12:05 AM
Key the Metal Idol is about a robot girl named Mima Tokiko, or 'Key' for short. For years, she's with her creator who has been upgrading her body each year in order to stimulate growth. But then he dies in an accident, and his last message claims that Key can become human if she can make 30,000 friends. With only the vaguest idea of how she'll accomplish it, she leaves for Tokyo to try. Co-starring: idol-singers, killer robots, strange cults, evil corporate executives and more. Very complex mystery; don't expect to understand everything that's happening until the very end. Also, very serious, dark and twisted. Bloody, too (the killer robots, remember?). Nowhere near as cheesy as it sounds. It won't appeal to everyone, but it's quite an experience.

RCX
09-10-2001, 12:06 AM
thanks heaps :D, have to watch it I think

Fatal Outlaw
09-10-2001, 06:08 PM
key pretty good. it has a good dose of fanservice for us fanboys ;) too. although i havent gotten myself to watch the second and third dvd's yet.

Dryden-san
09-10-2001, 06:36 PM
Are you talking about Key's friend Sakura? Good lord. But that's the only cheese shot in the series, so far as I recall. There is more nudity in the series, but it's all so creepy that I'd hardly call it 'fan service.'

Fatal Outlaw
09-10-2001, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Dryden-san
Are you talking about Key's friend Sakura? Good lord. But that's the only cheese shot in the series, so far as I recall. There is more nudity in the series, but it's all so creepy that I'd hardly call it 'fan service.'

fan service doesnt necesarily mean nudity. anyway, there was a couple in the first few episodes, well, in the first dvd at least, thats the only one ive seen.

Bradster
09-10-2001, 09:53 PM
Well, there are some more skimpily-dressed idol singers in the later episodes... Mmmmm. Leather.

IMO Key is very underrated. The music is neat and haunting, and the English version has the songs sung by the VAs and it doesn't suck- I'd even go so far as to say that I like some of the English ones better.

The story is neat, although irritating that the last 2 (feature-length) episodes are essentially a mega-dose of backstory.

Considering you're getting a complete series of 15 episodes on 3 disks (amazing for Viz) it's a bargain.

Sheex, The Dark Stalker
13-10-2001, 01:23 PM
Just picked up the first DVD yesterday, its quite good :D Haven't listened to the dub yet, but since its by Ocean I figure it'll be pretty good. Probably the best deal I've ever seen on DVD too :D

Black_Knight
13-10-2001, 02:06 PM
Hmm… I was positive I posted here… Why isn't it here anymore? :confused2:

Anyway I have seen Key and what was said before sums it up… We all gotta be her friend!

DNA_Master
14-10-2001, 02:43 AM
yes, its quite a cool series.

RCX
14-10-2001, 03:19 AM
just finished watching the series was fairly cool, but wouldn't go out of my way to watch it again