PDA

View Full Version : Ranma would be better if...

Pengi_Ken-Ohki
09-11-2001, 10:47 PM
the series had an ending. Do any of u know of 1? I don't actually know a lot about the series, I know it (and the manga) are really old, and I've heard that in the manga he finally gets to the wedding with akane and it's ruined by 1 of the other characters (Nibiki?) saying she's in love with ranma.

So yeh, please enlighten me? Does Ranma and Akane have that same extremely stupid relationship through like a million episodes? Quite an achievement considering there is no real bad guys or nothin.. but still, what a nuisance.

oh.. and I've seen only: TV 1-13, OVA 1-2, a christmas special, and a movie 'trouble in nekron: china'

Ko Hakaisha
09-11-2001, 10:59 PM
In the anime, it gets to the wedding between Ranma an' Akane, but it gets broken up by Shampoo, Cologne, Ukyo, Kodachi, an' Ryouga.

Yes, they have a similar relationship throughout the entire series.

Yes, Nabiki does say she loves Ranma at one point in the series, but it's not at a wedding or at the end of the series. She probably said it to get money somehow. [blink] I haven't seen those eps yet.

The manga ends with the Saffron Arc, but I haven't read that yet so ... I can't tell you about it.

Bradster
10-11-2001, 02:20 AM
In the anime, it gets to the wedding between Ranma an' Akane, but it gets broken up by Shampoo, Cologne, Ukyo, Kodachi, an' Ryouga.

*blink* What? The anime (TV) goes no farther than Nodoka's intro, which is manga volume 22 (out of 38). There is an anime-only episode late in season 4 (Pinky Promised) which has Ranma almost marrying Shampoo, only to be broken up at the last second by Akane.

If you pay attention, Ranma and Akane's relationship does develop, with both of them willing to make enormous sacrifices for the other- but as far as any verbal admission to the other... well, that kind of relationship is an anime/manga mainstay.

Nabiki tells Ranma she loves him, but that's just to rile Akane into being more forward with him.

Man.. a Ranma/Love Hina crossover would be a piece of cake to write!:lol: Except I don't think Nabs is quite as loose as Kitsune is.;)

Ko Hakaisha
10-11-2001, 03:14 AM
[koff] Very last episode is the one I was talkin' about, Bradster. I have no idea where you got the Shampoo an' Ranma thing.

Bradster
10-11-2001, 03:36 AM
[koff] Very last episode is the one I was talkin' about, Bradster.

You wrote 'anime' in your first reply, and 'episode' here. Replace it with 'manga' and/or 'storyline' and you'd be right. Trust me- I've seen every anime episode, including the ones Viz hasn't released yet, and there's no wedding or attempted wedding between Ranma and Akane.

I have no idea where you got the Shampoo an' Ranma thing.

Nettohen episode 65. Viz season 4- 'Outta Control'; tape title 'Pinky Promised'; episode title 'Shampoo's Red Thread'. I'd direct you to my homepage for more info/images, but NBCi finally pulled the plug on their hosting and I decided to let it die since most of the anime is out now.

iwakura
10-11-2001, 01:49 PM
re: Ranma and Shampoo

And Ranma's big ego almost trapped him into marrying Shampoo a second time in Desperately Seeking Shampoo/Curse of the Contrary Jewel. In that OVA episode, Akane did admit her love for Ranma, but she was under the affects of the the jewel.

Darklightz
10-11-2001, 09:07 PM
But then again,the jewel worn like Akane weared it boosts feelings of love so if ranma had half a brain he would have realized that it means Akane does like him some.

I still think Akane doesn't deserve Ranma.Shampoo or Ukyo should have gotten him

iwakura
11-11-2001, 01:29 PM
Yeah, Akane deserves better than Ranma.

The series is accurate when it presents life as a series of "love opportunities" (in the good sense, not naughty sense here). All though the series, Akane presents opportunities for Ranma to express his true feelings and he messes it up.

SPOILER!

For example, in the Desperately Seeking Shampoo ending, Akane spills her guts out and Ranma does not reply with something like "I love you too Akane". That's why he gets clobered by Akane, and then further punished later on. He really deserved it.

Ko Hakaisha
11-11-2001, 09:40 PM
Ranma's too macho to admit he likes Akane, in my opinion. [smallgrin] Imho, they love each other'n whatnot, but they're both too ... stubborn? ... show-off-ish? ... I guess macho's really the word for it ... Either way, they love each other, but they're too macho to admit they do.

Darklightz
11-11-2001, 10:06 PM
During the icestaking fight Ranma took the defense of Akane with a half-admission of love and without a reverse jewel like someone else.

And besides,wether Akane or Ranma is in the wrong,Ranma always pays for it.

And Akane never gives him an opportunity to explain himself.It's not his fault he's popular,Akane should be punching Genma,he's the one who causes 3/4 of Ranma's troubles anyway.And it's not like Ranma ever punched Akane when she's with Kuno or Ryoga

iwakura
12-11-2001, 09:49 PM
Half admissions of love don't cut it. You're supposed to confess it, at least thats what many of the romance animes say...

;)

Pengi_Ken-Ohki
14-11-2001, 08:36 AM
In the OVAs I seen (obviously only eps 1&2) Akane seems to be nearly as bad as Ranma at not showing care for Ranma.. however, as in the TV series 1, she still shows some. In fact, in TV series 1 she shows HEAPS! I had only seen the 2 eps of the OVA + the movie, THEN saw the TV eps and I was amazed that she was such a soft character. She's only angry because he makes her that way deliberately... eventually it got to a point where if neither of them are fighting, they seem to get uncomfortable. Ranma woulda had Akane so quickly if he'd kept 1 word to himself: Tomboy.