PDA

View Full Version : Is Quartre Gay??? Gimmie your comments

Heero Peacecraft
21-09-2000, 04:46 PM
I've seen a lot lot of fan arts and fanfics implieing Quartre and Trowa are gay. Tell me what you think.

Lil Tenshi
21-09-2000, 04:51 PM
i don't think so...atleast dats wat i think

Oogami Ichirou
21-09-2000, 04:55 PM
According to many sources, all the GW boys are homosexual, including heero, duo, and wufei.. Sad, I know :| But it is probably true :sweatdrop:

Lil Tenshi
21-09-2000, 06:38 PM
well i nevr saw da whole thang...

SSJfemme
21-09-2000, 06:58 PM
Well, i haven't seen the whole series either, that's why i'm womdering why heero is all over relena...and saying her name all the day!!

X.E.R.O
22-09-2000, 04:05 AM
Hmmmm...

Homosexuals--> :vomit:

umh...that...sicks

Lil Tenshi
22-09-2000, 06:49 AM
or maybe relena's over heero :D

kaia
22-09-2000, 02:27 PM
well, i kinda red a lot about the GW guys being gay but i think quartre is the more obvious one... :lol:

SSJfemme
22-09-2000, 09:17 PM
either that or he's WAAAAAAY sensative...:|

LiDDoDrAgOn
23-09-2000, 12:59 AM
I hope they're not gay! they're all too kyoote to be gay! :)

Ko Hakaisha
23-09-2000, 02:50 AM
[falls over]

That kinda stuff comes with all anime, even Evangelion. [blink] But, N E Wayz, Trowa 'loves' Catherine, Heero LOVES Relena (I have NO idea why! O.o), Duo 'loves' Hilde, Zeches/Miliardo 'loves' Noin, and Treize loves Lady Une. Wufei is sometimes believed to 'love' that Ex-Alliance Colonel (What's her name? Summin Parker?), and Quatre is sometimes believed to 'love' Dorothy.

ryezen
23-09-2000, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by Ko Hakaisha
[falls over]

That kinda stuff comes with all anime, even Evangelion. [blink]

yes it does, very sad though. now i like hentai, but when it comes to hentai which involve anime characters which i am familiar with, thats the time i stay away from them.

fanfics and fanart, well those things are not to be taken seriously - since they are the personal interpretations of "fans" who hav wild ideas and wish to express those ideas.

somehow people misinterpret the scenes and hastily conclude that it is such and such or so and so... what ever happend to brotherly love?

unfortunaltely there are some anime which do have homosexual undertones... and Gundum is not one of those amine.

as for Quatre being gay... No i do not think he is. so he may hav a kind personality,etc. but that does not make him gay.

Lil Tenshi
23-09-2000, 07:41 PM
Quatre luvs Dorothy ???

Tamachan
23-09-2000, 08:15 PM
I'm not a big Gundam fan, but I was of the understanding from my mate who is, that at the end of Wing it's fairly definitive that Duo and Quatre are gay...

Shinigami
23-09-2000, 11:56 PM
:bawling: I'm offended! Duo?! Gay?! :(

But anyways, my thoughts on this (Quatre being gay, I mean), I think they created Gundam Wing so you could determine what happens off screen and what happens after. Like, for example, Duo doesn't HAVE to get together with Hilde. They could of always gone their seperate ways and Duo could've married a green-eyed brunette (described myself there :love: ).
So... maybe Quatre's gay, maybe he's not. I, uh, personally think he is, but since I don't wanna get killed by Quatre fans... :heh: I'm gonna shut my mouth now.

Ura
23-09-2000, 11:57 PM
Wasn't Dorothy his sister?

Ura
23-09-2000, 11:59 PM
Alright, I just watched the last few eps of Wing and Endless Waltz again and to me there were absolutely no gay undertones, I think that people just take any character like Quatre who is sensitive to be gay.. They definitely don't love each other.

Tamachan
24-09-2000, 02:42 AM
Whoops, apparently I've cast aspersions on Duo...I meant Trowa ^^; My gundam-fan friend says it's only implied in the anime, but is fairly blatant in the manga...Quatre is gay, Trowa is bi...or something like that. Let's face it, it wouldn't be a proper anime without at least some homosexual overtones :B:

LiDDoDrAgOn
24-09-2000, 03:04 AM
Originally posted by Tamachan
Whoops, apparently I've cast aspersions on Duo...I meant Trowa ^^; My gundam-fan friend says it's only implied in the anime, but is fairly blatant in the manga...Quatre is gay, Trowa is bi...or something like that. Let's face it, it wouldn't be a proper anime without at least some homosexual overtones :B:

...fO REALS? :confused:

Ko Hakaisha
24-09-2000, 03:19 AM
I seriously doubt it.

Although, in the manga, Heero and Relena almost kissed in several occasions (never even hinted in the anime). Frankly, GW isn't that kinda show, really. It doesn't even START to get into homosexuality and stuff ...

And what I said earlier about Quatre and Dorothy ... it's just an opinion (not necessarily mine, even!) that I've heard stated.

ryezen
24-09-2000, 03:21 AM
well i didnt see those undertones. have you ever played war games?

during high school my friends and i used to spend a whole day in a nearby mountain. we would split up into two groups and have out little war games...

anyway, the result of these games had made us closer to one another. not in the GAY sense but as close friends who will look after the other.

the same thing applies to the Gundam pilots, they were put into a situation where they fought side by side and learned to appreciate the efforts of one another... something like male bonding if you will.

i havnt read the manga though.

Ko Hakaisha
24-09-2000, 03:34 AM
I know what ya mean.

And, as for Quatre, there's an INCREDIBLE difference between gay and kindess. It seems quite apparent that he's just kind. Think about it. Sure, he acts real 'nice' to the other pilots & stuff, but then again, after Dorothy runs him through, he is the same way to her. It's not homosexuality, it's kindness!

Oh, sorry 'bout that little Spoiler. O.o

Einherjar
23-10-2000, 11:45 PM
I don't think any of them were gay. just what Ko Hakaisha said all of them have their love interets. They just aren't good at expressing themselves because most of them were trained to kill. Quatre, is a very rich kid, usually rich kids tend to act that way because, well it's in there "breeding" so to speak, so its only natural for him to act a little gayish.

Petit Charat
24-10-2000, 03:35 PM
Yes, I just think quatre is just a sweet, sensitive guy. In the anime, that is how i see him. I can see mild homosexual overtones in the manga, but it is done in a sweet and tasteful way.

Draco
24-10-2000, 09:14 PM
No WAY! Quarte aint gay!

heerogf
24-10-2000, 09:18 PM
yeah he is

Draco
24-10-2000, 09:26 PM
i don't believe! :D

Ko Hakaisha
25-10-2000, 01:31 PM
I haven't seen any proof at all that he is.

ryezen
25-10-2000, 01:51 PM
i agree, just alot of hasty generalizations

Kytanna
25-10-2000, 02:22 PM
ok i'm new here and i had to open my big mouth about this........quatre gay? LORD I HOPE NOT!! but i don't think so hes just kind and well.....how can we put this?......a goody goody. but we don't have that many of those in the world so we just call em gay...and really who cares its not real right?.....<but i still hope not!!>

eva2000
25-10-2000, 03:16 PM
hi ya kytanna and welcome to my forums :D

fooj
25-10-2000, 03:32 PM
They're all queers

Bleed
25-10-2000, 04:05 PM
i think its just pure kindness...

heerogf
25-10-2000, 05:05 PM
well in the manga is was more obvious that he is gay than in the anime

Lotus_Blossom
25-10-2000, 07:20 PM
I don't think so . I agree that they probably share a special relationship with each other due to their circumstance. This may be difficult for some people to understand. I think they are very close and they care for each other very much( but not in a gay kinda way). Quatre is very sensitive and so is Duo to some extent. Heero has a dark brooding quality about him . Trowa, well he is very serious also, but not as dark as Heero. And Wufei....well, unfortunately I don't know much about him. But I'm sure the same applies in his case as well. :) I think they are all great. And I refuse to believe they are gay !!!!

~_~.

Kytanna
25-10-2000, 10:15 PM
yeah i agree with lotuss.......no not quatre!!! quatre can't be gay!!! http://smilecwm.tripod.com/cwm/crying.gif

keera chan
25-10-2000, 10:58 PM
I have to say that i really dont think so i have seen fan art and fan fics to but thats just stuff in the series well as far as i have seen i dont see any implication of that sort of thing and really i just dont want to even believe it so i am sticking to the no i dont think so side
But really it wouldnt supprise me if they were
and as for the whole thing with heero all over relena i think he is nuts if he loves her she stalks him i mean following he from school to school when he as vowed to kill her i would be trying to keep as far away from him as possible if some one said that to me
well i just dont know whats up with that

NoYamchaForYou
26-10-2000, 07:42 AM
in the japanese series the homosexual implications are greater... kinda like a sailor uranus sailor neptune thing... they always stare into each others eyes, and hold hands etc... so i would imagine that qatra is gay

ZBahamutX
26-10-2000, 07:43 AM
okay i've seen Endless Waltz, and in the japanese version it is implied that Quatre and Trowa are homosexual together. Heero, duo, and Chang i dun know about. But of course it could be true do to the fact that The artist draw them lame backstreet boys.
:jdrop:

anime_punk
26-10-2000, 05:35 PM
I don't really know if Quatre is gay but he seems like a wuss. But for everyone else Heero has Relena, Dou has Hilde, Wufei has Sally Po, Trowa has Catherine, and Zechs has Noin. But Quatre could have Dorothy so I don't see why everyone says they are gay.

MrDuoMaxwell
26-10-2000, 07:52 PM
Ok, I never saw Quatre try to touch Wufei's butt, or pull down Duo's pants, or french kiss Heero. But the way he acts is just so...so...eeeewww...

Kytanna
26-10-2000, 08:38 PM
.........so so eeeeeeewwwwwwww? and mdm HOW MANY TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO SAY eh? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrDuoMaxwell
27-10-2000, 09:25 PM
He might be gay. I mean, I wouldn't appreciate it if Quatre came running at me and saying " HEY BABY!".....

Kytanna
27-10-2000, 10:43 PM
<glares at mdm> you wanna die don't you? remember the bat duo......

heerogf
27-10-2000, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by MrDuoMaxwell
Ok, I never saw Quatre try to touch Wufei's butt, or pull down Duo's pants, or french kiss Heero. But the way he acts is just so...so...eeeewww...
it is not so eewwww
some people just can't admit to he is just a plain nice person

Ado
27-10-2000, 10:57 PM
I don't think that any of them are gay (although I've read alot of fanfics that said they were)

Kytanna
27-10-2000, 10:59 PM
thats it the word itsself FANfics. the fans make up the story......that doesn't mean its true...they just want to make their story that way.

MrDuoMaxwell
29-10-2000, 02:26 PM
Yeah, Ive heard of a lot of fanfics where Wufei, Trowa, and Quatre were all gays........nasty

X.E.R.O
30-10-2000, 01:10 AM
Oh no...not the gay subject..:P

heerogf
30-10-2000, 06:45 PM
yes X.E.R.O
be afraid, be very afraid

kaia
01-11-2000, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by MrDuoMaxwell
Yeah, Ive heard of a lot of fanfics where Wufei, Trowa, and Quatre were all gays........nasty

ive seen a lot of fanfics about the gundam guys being gay too. they were all into each other.... weird.

heerogf
01-11-2000, 06:40 PM
heheheh
do you know there's even a web ring for that

Tsunami-X
01-11-2000, 10:48 PM
i think he hasent figured what he is yet, he might be bi... but who knows? who cares?...

The Great One
13-04-2001, 07:18 PM
I really don't think Quatre is gay at all. So what if a woman actually plays his voice. They made him a bit feminine. Give the Arab a break. He still kicks butt though

heerogf
13-04-2001, 07:36 PM
a women did the voice for kenshin, and he is defitnitly not gay

Kamono Shibaiko
13-04-2001, 08:34 PM
Ok, let me set things straight. Heero loves Relena, and Relena loves Heero. Duo loves Hilde, and Hilde does exist. Oh yeah, and she loves Duo. Wufei is in love with Nataku, who is dead. As for Trowa, Catherine is his sister, for crying out loud! Jeez! And Quatre? If you were him, who would you choose? Dorothy or Trowa?
Of course, these are just my opinion. I like yaoi, and damnit, there's nothing you can do about it! ^_^. ;;

Darklightz
13-04-2001, 09:41 PM
I admit Quatre is one of the anime characters who is most in touch with his "feminine side" but he's not gay.

Although he does travel with a group of men who adore him and would do anything for him...anything...

Kawaii Shinji
13-04-2001, 09:56 PM
Quatre is not Gay! Its obvious why some people would assume he is but he's NOT. He is a sweet and gentle and caring person. We need more guys like him.

Thats just my opinion but what I really think is that since its never said; its what you want it to be.

If you want him gay he's gay, if not he's not.

The Great One
14-04-2001, 07:16 AM
Well put Kawaii Shinji

Kawaii Shinji
14-04-2001, 08:07 AM
Thank you, The Great One

Another point I always take into consideraton is that Quatre is my fav. character and I don't think he is gay. While my sister and friend don't like Quatre, and they do think he is gay.

The Great One
14-04-2001, 08:48 AM
The Great One: I like Quatre <Not in the Yaoi sense either you bozos, whoever thinks like that>. He is a great tactician as well as he pilots a bomb ass Gundam, the Sand Rock.

Shawn: Better than my "Myrmidon?"

The Great One: Yes, better than your Myrmidon Shawn.

Shawn: Shucks...

The Great One: But anyways.. Quatre is a cool cat, if you want to point fingers at a Gay person. You should point them at Freddy Lowe from Outlaw Star. Now THAT is a fruit if I ever saw one..

Kamono Shibaiko
14-04-2001, 06:50 PM
Quatre is my favorite Gundam Wing character. He's one of my favorite anime characters! He is HOT! But he's gay. Thats how I see it. By the way, I'm bisexual.

The Great One
14-04-2001, 06:58 PM
Well, that the complete turn around there <no offense intended> But you wouldn't mind calling him gay, you like that stuff...

Gundammi!
14-04-2001, 07:41 PM
Well it's assumed (i'm being PC here!)

Asaki Masako
14-04-2001, 10:18 PM
No. Quatre is not gay. He's just a wuss. (no offense)

Rulakir
14-04-2001, 11:34 PM
Quatre and the rest of the pilots are not gay. There's no indication of homosexuality in the series and in Endless Waltz. The gay image was created by the fans. Quatre may seem feminine by the pink shirt, and his voice, but it does not necessarily mean he's gay. Well, this is just what I think...

Dryden-san
15-04-2001, 12:46 AM
In case you've missed this, the target audience for Gundam Wing was twelve year old girls. Hence we have the delightfully bishonen pilots and mushy song lyrics. In such a show, sexuality is deliberately left ambiguous for the sole purpose of giving the fan community even more possible pairings. I have no feelings on yaoi one way or the other, but I do find some male-male pairings more credible than the common male-female pairings. Dorothy and Quatre? No. Uh-uh. Doesn't work. Quatre and Trowa at least is credible.

Darklightz
15-04-2001, 09:28 AM
Dorothy and Quatre?A war fanatic and a peace lover?

I think Relena and Quatre fit more together.

Kamono Shibaiko
15-04-2001, 03:47 PM
Think about it this way. If you were Quatre, you would YOU pick? Trowa, or Dorothy?
Though, I have read a few Quatre/Catherine fics... That might work....

RelenaPeacecraft
15-04-2001, 04:17 PM
i think quatre is yaoi.. (sowwie YUi-chan!!! and QUATRE FANS!!) but i don't think Trowa is... well i saw some pictures of them ew ew ew..
:eek:

The Great One
15-04-2001, 04:26 PM
Quatre a peace lover?? Ha! Wait till you toss his ass into the Zero system, he wants to destroy more than Wufei does

Midnight Club Man
16-04-2001, 04:55 PM
Hi! I just registered so tell me if I've done something wrong.

I've seen a lot about discussions that all the G-pilots are gay. But some of the reasons are a little to deep. How about....It's just the effects of staying too long in space? All that vacuum and the emptiness of it all. (I know that can't be, but maybe)

Gundammi!
16-04-2001, 05:38 PM
Once again up to the fan, but could it ever occur to anyone that MAYBE, just MAYBE, some of the pilots wern't involved with anyone in the series? Maybe Duo had some sweet thing he left back home on L2? Wufei was married and maybe Quatre just isn't interested in anyone. I mean he's only 15, don't expect him to be all willy-nilly all over the place and you also have to take into account that he waas filthy rich, maybe he just never got to see anyone. Oh and Heero is just plain devoid of sexual energy as I doubt it's relevant in destrtoying OZ, though I do believe he developed a thing for Relena. Aw ----! Think watcha want!!!!!

QuickSilver
16-04-2001, 06:06 PM
I thought Quatre was gay at first. Then later I thought it was even worse. Overall hes the coolest pilot of em all !!!:D So he can't be gay can he . . .!?:confused: Yeah i guess you can still be gay and cool at the same time so it doesnt matter. . .(no offense to homosexuals, its all good) :lol: :D

Heero Peacecraft
20-04-2001, 10:52 AM
The Ambiguosly Gay Duo Maxwell!!!

(sorry this has no relevence to this forum, I just wanted an excuse to use this)

Junko Saotome
20-04-2001, 12:42 PM
I dont think Quatre is gay at all. He is nice to others, that's all. He just hangs out with other guys, so what. That doesn't mean he is gay. Almost everywhere I looked people say Quatre is gay because he hangs around other guy all the time. That makes it sound like all men that are around other men are gay. That's not true. I really like Quatre. He's sweet to everybody.

QuickSilver
20-04-2001, 05:01 PM
You can't really tell or say someones gay. Unless they tell you or umm show you there isn't enough proof to claim someones a homosexual. Really. . . some people just look queer.

Gundammi!
20-04-2001, 08:25 PM
Oh and by the way, there are many theories that Heero is asexual as his pants are REEEEEAALLLY tight!

heerogf
21-04-2001, 09:32 PM
ARRGG!!! heero is sSTRAight!!! read it again!!! STRAIGHT!!!! so what is his pant is tight, a lot of anime guys wear tight pant!! it's just what he like to wear!!! get ur information right!! god sakes!!!!

Junko Saotome
23-04-2001, 10:47 AM
Yea. I know there are people out there that go by looks to tell if someone is gay. That's not right. If they want to find out the truth, why don't they just go up and ask? Not jumping to a con. I don't like to judge people by their looks.

Kamono Shibaiko
23-04-2001, 07:58 PM
"When it all comes down to it, aren't these characters merely spots of ink on film and paper arranged to look like certain humans? Can a spot of ink love another spot of ink?"
Erm... My friend Darcy said that, I'm just stealing it from her. But I agree. These people aren't real, so what's the point of arguing? It's not like they're ever going to come to life, and come over to you and say "Hi, I'm gay," or "Hi, I'm straight." So why argue? They're just cartoons, and, wether you want to admit it or not, cartoons don't have real feelings. They can't think, they can't feel, they just do whatever the animator feels like making them do!
::sigh:: Please forgive me, I'm currently on a reality kick, as opposed to my *insert random anime here* kicks that I go on...

Kawaii Shinji
23-04-2001, 09:22 PM
First of all, these are not cartoon characters they are ANIME characters. Big difference.

Second of all no anime characters are real but does that mean we shouldn't bother to watch shows with them? Absolutely NOT.

Just becuse a character is not real, doesn't mean that they don't have feelings. They have an entire personality. Who cares if it's not real, thats what is so appealing about anime. If you want real, go walk on the streets and talk to people.

You are missing a big point of anime, One of the big points is to express things. Most expression is done through the characters. Their personalites, the way they act, the things they do and say and even dress. I can relate to more anime characters then I do real people.

Any way, no one's arguing we're having a nice Long discussion over a question that crosses through everyones mind when they see Quatre. I Luv Quatre.

heerogf
23-04-2001, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Kawaii Shinji
First of all, these are not cartoon characters they are ANIME characters. Big difference.

Second of all no anime characters are real but does that mean we shouldn't bother to watch shows with them? Absolutely NOT.

Just becuse a character is not real, doesn't mean that they don't have feelings. They have an entire personality. Who cares if it's not real, thats what is so appealing about anime. If you want real, go walk on the streets and talk to people.

You are missing a big point of anime, One of the big points is to express things. Most expression is done through the characters. Their personalites, the way they act, the things they do and say and even dress. I can relate to more anime characters then I do real people.

Any way, no one's arguing we're having a nice Long discussion over a question that crosses through everyones mind when they see Quatre. I Luv Quatre.

i agreee with u kawaii shinji, anime character to me is sooo much more than just ink, some of them made a really big difference in my life, i learn so many things from watching these character

Kamono Shibaiko
24-04-2001, 03:11 PM
Excuse me, you are acting like I'm not an otaku. FYI, I LOVE ANIME! It is practically my life! I adore Quatre! Anime has made a very large impact on my life, I wouldn't be who I am without it. I have a spiritual connectino of sorts to the character Rei, from Sailormoon. So don't talk to me about missing the point of anime.
::sigh:: I've just been feeling down lately, and had the urge to yell at stupid people, and I happened to find some of the comments here vaugely stupid.

Kawaii Shinji
24-04-2001, 05:31 PM
Well sorry to rain on your parade, but if you truly loved anime you wouldn't consider it nothing more then "Spots of ink on film and paper"

You may have been trying to target 'stupid' people with that post as you rudely put it.
But the only stupid one I have seen is YOURS!

And if you have a 'spiritual connection with Rei' gee, I guess you consider her a little more then ink.

Kamono Shibaiko
24-04-2001, 06:08 PM
::sigh:: Do we really have to go into all of this? Look, I was in a pissy mood. I felt like yelling at people. For the last few days, I've been having these arguments with myself about anime, and I felt like getting it out.
I love anime, as I have already stated. But I am able to admit that it is just what I said it was. Spots of ink on film and paper.
Rei-chan is my muse, sort of. See, she herself is a character in an anime. But I have soulbonded her. So, really, the Rei I have the connection with is not the Rei in the show.
I have a hard time expressing my feelings about anime. One part of me, the part that generally comes across, is totally obsessed, and believes it's real, and blah blah blah. But there's another part who always plays Devils Advocate, and makes me realize that it isn't real, and that these characters are only doing what the animator wanted them to do, etc, etc.
::sighs again:: How bout we forget I ever said anything in the first place, ok?

mousse69
28-04-2001, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Kamono Shibaiko
::sigh:: Do we really have to go into all of this? Look, I was in a pissy mood. I felt like yelling at people. For the last few days, I've been having these arguments with myself about anime, and I felt like getting it out.
I love anime, as I have already stated. But I am able to admit that it is just what I said it was. Spots of ink on film and paper.
Rei-chan is my muse, sort of. See, she herself is a character in an anime. But I have soulbonded her. So, really, the Rei I have the connection with is not the Rei in the show.
I have a hard time expressing my feelings about anime. One part of me, the part that generally comes across, is totally obsessed, and believes it's real, and blah blah blah. But there's another part who always plays Devils Advocate, and makes me realize that it isn't real, and that these characters are only doing what the animator wanted them to do, etc, etc.
::sighs again:: How bout we forget I ever said anything in the first place, ok?

someone grab the bat. this kid needs a rain check.

The Great One
28-04-2001, 06:14 AM
**Blinks at Kamono** You dare defy the anime gods!?? :mad:

Gundammi!
30-04-2001, 08:31 PM
Heretic!

xlilrycegurlx
30-04-2001, 10:48 PM
Aiiiee Oh no i forgot to leave a stick of incense to the anime gods....shoot im in deep trouble now. Sorrie i was reading the entire thread and everything was all so serious and then along comes that little remark.....sorrie sorrie just couldn't help cracking up over it :lol: kitchen gods.....car gods..... computer gods.... anyways Anime is probably more than ink to alot of people who cares!! u have to form your own opinion and learn to respect other people's opinion. If everyone had the same opinions then you'll be no better than blunt sticks. Okay enough with my preaching what does heretic mean?

dochuki
06-05-2001, 02:11 PM
HIII!

I have a question. How come people are taking a 'defensive' tone when saying Quatre isn't gay. Even if he was gay, why is it any worse.

In the series, though male female pairings are hinted at, There are never any real times which truly proove the charas are strait or gay. Perhaps the creatore never intended a definite sexuality for the characters so that ANY fans can think what they want!

I personally think that being gay is a natural deformity, but I intend no offence, as I myself am gay, and I think dissing gays is like dissing disabled people, or dissing people of different religeons. It is just prejudice.

I am sorry for always going on about it, but I feel really deeply on the subject.

ANYWAY!!! Enough ranting.

I can't decide what the characters sexualities are, and, as I already said, I think it was meant to be this way, it's up to each individual fan.

...How come no one has ever asked the creators, anyway. Remember, they tend to dub out homosexuality in American TV anime conversions (Haruka and Michiru), so if you have only seen the dub (I have) that might not be alot to go on.

Well, sorry for going on and on, and sorry if you are homophobic, maybe it won't happen in my next life.

(I'm not accusing everyone who thinks Quatre is not gay of being homophobic, BTW) :-)

---Dochuki.

Gundammi!
06-05-2001, 06:55 PM
I've seen the subs and they don't seem to be any difference in sexual prefrence. You can't tell until the end of the series but in both versions, Dorothy seems to have a thing for the Q man.

hakai
06-05-2001, 07:23 PM
It's his pure heart. He's too happy.

heerogf
06-05-2001, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by dochuki
HIII!

I have a question. How come people are taking a 'defensive' tone when saying Quatre isn't gay. Even if he was gay, why is it any worse.

In the series, though male female pairings are hinted at, There are never any real times which truly proove the charas are strait or gay. Perhaps the creatore never intended a definite sexuality for the characters so that ANY fans can think what they want!

I personally think that being gay is a natural deformity, but I intend no offence, as I myself am gay, and I think dissing gays is like dissing disabled people, or dissing people of different religeons. It is just prejudice.

I am sorry for always going on about it, but I feel really deeply on the subject.

ANYWAY!!! Enough ranting.

I can't decide what the characters sexualities are, and, as I already said, I think it was meant to be this way, it's up to each individual fan.

...How come no one has ever asked the creators, anyway. Remember, they tend to dub out homosexuality in American TV anime conversions (Haruka and Michiru), so if you have only seen the dub (I have) that might not be alot to go on.

Well, sorry for going on and on, and sorry if you are homophobic, maybe it won't happen in my next life.

(I'm not accusing everyone who thinks Quatre is not gay of being homophobic, BTW) :-)

---Dochuki.

i think ur right, the writer prolly never intended the charas to be strait or gay, since there is not enough evidence and u don't have to worry about anything, i'm not homophobic, i actually do not like ppl who are homophobic, i'm very open, and i just happen to be a big shonen-ai/yaoi fan :kawaii: alot of members here at AB are also very nice and open minded, i'm sure that now they are mature enough to understand :) anyway, i haven't seen u around before, welcome to the board :wavey:

Kamono Shibaiko
07-05-2001, 06:28 PM
::tries to think of a way to word this so she doesn't offend everyone::
In most of the official art, Heero is with Relena, Duo is with Hilde, Trowa is with Catherine, Quatre is with Dorothy, and Wufei is with Sally. But if you think that Quatre looks better with Trowa (which I do), they, hey! Go for it! If you think Heero and Relena are a better couple than Heero and Duo, that's cool too! Gundam Wing has more elements of shonen anime than it does shojo, so the pairings are all really up to the fans to decide....

dochuki
08-05-2001, 10:58 AM
Reliina, I thought, could have beena shounen. A very ugly shonen, at that. I don't hate her though, I just get the feeling that the character designer didn't want to make her good looking. I dunno, its up to you :)

If Quatre attended my school, I'd be quick to make 'friends' with him :naughty:

--Dochuki

rascal45
08-05-2001, 11:37 AM
Don't insult Relena alright. :mad: I like Relena adn I don't think Quatre is gay. There are guys who don' t like to fight and is really quiet. Like me.:D

dochuki
08-05-2001, 11:53 AM
Heh, sorry if you like Relena, I just don't. And I don't thank Quatre's gay because of his 'way'. I want him to be gay cus he's hot, thats all:naughty:
--Dochuki

Kamono Shibaiko
08-05-2001, 06:11 PM
I like Relena... She's kinda pretty, I guess....
How 'bout this? Quatre can be bisexual. That way everyone is happy.

xlilrycegurlx
08-05-2001, 06:19 PM
*trips over blunt stick* whoops.... i think Relena and Heero would make a good couple though personally i wouldn't really trust a guy who's pointed a gun and threatened to kill me three times before......

Gundammi!
08-05-2001, 10:56 PM
I like Relena... She's kinda pretty, I guess....

Yeah, she's cute when she's got that bow in her hair in EW.

dochuki
09-05-2001, 10:56 AM
Can I still have Quatre if he's bi?

Kamono Shibaiko
09-05-2001, 08:23 PM
Sure! We can all have Quatre! Share the love minna, share the love/

Rulakir
09-05-2001, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by Kamono Shibaiko
Sure! We can all have Quatre! Share the love minna, share the love/

WE can ALL?!?!?!? Yuck! Not that I hate him, but I am a guy.:D

Kamono Shibaiko
10-05-2001, 09:26 AM
::ahem:: Let me rephrase that...
Everyone who wants Quatre can have him! Mwaha!
I just had this mental image of a bunch of people attacking Quatre and ripping him to pieces, and me screaming, "I got an arm! I got Quatres arm!"

dochuki
10-05-2001, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by L

WE can ALL?!?!?!? Yuck! Not that I hate him, but I am a guy.:D

I'm a guy... and I still want him! :)