PDA

View Full Version : Gundam 0083 is starting to look pretty STOOPID

Sergeant Wittmann
31-03-2002, 01:33 PM
What was that crap last episode? Why the hell would Kou help a Zeon remnant repair a mobile armor made for the express purpose of killing his own people? I know he has a serious problem with inferiority but will this be a motivation for aiding and abetting an enemy that will try to kill him and his friends?
Not to mention that Kou has a really fruity voice.

Black_Knight
31-03-2002, 07:01 PM
Ya, that was never really defined…-I guess Kou thought that he should help the guy be a pilot again… I mean even though he was the enemy, he was human to and he saved Kou's butt after being mugged by those toothpick smoking thugs…

It's got some good points… Well, You gotta love Delaz's Speech and Gato… Of course that green haired women… I don't trust her… She's gonna do something nasty and betray the Delaz fleet…-I know it…

Lt Amada
31-03-2002, 07:12 PM
Everything will work out, TRUST ME.

MauveVandal
31-03-2002, 10:34 PM
Really, didn't see last nights episode. What, did Kou spunk on a Zeon suit or something? Speaking of, :agree: doesn't this face look so cute it looks like someone spunking. Cima's Gelgoog got all up on the GP01 and spunked all over its grave, I mean she shot the Vulcans what are vulcans going to do against a Gelgoog?!

Sergeant Wittmann
31-03-2002, 11:45 PM
I trust you LT. At least it looks good.

Anyway, Cima did buttrape that poor Gundam didn't she?

Lt Amada
01-04-2002, 04:05 PM
WHAT???!!!!!
:jdrop:

I didn't see that!

Wait, were you being sarcastic?

Sergeant Wittmann
01-04-2002, 07:33 PM
I was. "Buttraped" really is the only way to describe what happened to Kou.

Lt Amada
02-04-2002, 04:53 PM
When did that happen?

All I remember is Kou getting his @$$ kicked.

Sergeant Wittmann
02-04-2002, 10:04 PM
When Cima shot the crap out of him his first time out in space. I just used "buttrape" figuratively.

Lt Amada
03-04-2002, 04:37 PM
Oh, okay. :dance:

Black_Knight
03-04-2002, 09:40 PM
Well that gundam should have been scrape…

See http://animeboards.com/t36754/s.html

Sergeant Wittmann
05-04-2002, 12:41 AM
You can't apply "The Gundam Cheapness Effect" to everything because many more variables come into play than we expect. For instance, the armorer who prepared the weapon for Cima's Gelgoog may have overlooked a tiny glitch in the targetting system that prevented her from scoring a kill on the Gundam. Or a tiny asteroid may have bumped Cima's 'goog just a meter or so in one direction causing the same outcome. She may have just been out of range. Although concrete things like pilot skill and machine quality play major roles, one cannot ignore chaos theory.

Eddy
05-04-2002, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by Sergeant Wittmann
You can't apply "The Gundam Cheapness Effect" to everything because many more variables come into play than we expect. For instance, the armorer who prepared the weapon for Cima's Gelgoog may have overlooked a tiny glitch in the targetting system that prevented her from scoring a kill on the Gundam. Or a tiny asteroid may have bumped Cima's 'goog just a meter or so in one direction causing the same outcome. She may have just been out of range. Although concrete things like pilot skill and machine quality play major roles, one cannot ignore chaos theory.

what the hell are you talking about?

Sergeant Wittmann
05-04-2002, 12:36 PM
Good question.

Eddy
05-04-2002, 05:10 PM
Good question.

sorry, it sounded funny at the time:o

Sergeant Wittmann
05-04-2002, 05:15 PM
S'all good. Did you really not understand it?

Eddy
06-04-2002, 07:06 AM
I'm sure if i read it again i would, what'sa goog meter adnwho's marcios?

Lt Amada
06-04-2002, 11:33 AM
I'm sure if i read it again i would, what'sa goog meter adnwho's marcios?

Your maing less sense than the good Sergeant!

(BTW, I understood EXACTLY what SW said the first time I read it.)

Black_Knight
06-04-2002, 01:26 PM

Yes… But the Gundam's manuverablity was all but nought… And that didn't explain how Kou scored a hit on that first Gelgoog,(Although it was a bit of sliced footage… Since this was 30 min OVA/OAV series) That and the idea that Cima could have gone in closer and better yet, just gone off and destoried that Trojian Horse… I mean the Gundam was crippled…-Simple as that, and to allow it to retreat, that's really gonna cost the Dolaz fleet in the long run… Besides that, how could a Run-of-the-Mill GM rifle perce the armor of a Gelgoog, and better yet, why would the entire thing explode if it was hit in the arm where their was a sheild there?

Besides that Keth's Guncannon took a direct blast in the Torso and not even a scratch…-Sure he was knocked out of the battle, but if it was a no name in there… It would have surely been blowen up…

DarkCode
10-04-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Black_Knight

Yes… But the Gundam's manuverablity was all but nought… And that didn't explain how Kou scored a hit on that first Gelgoog,(Although it was a bit of sliced footage… Since this was 30 min OVA/OAV series) That and the idea that Cima could have gone in closer and better yet, just gone off and destoried that Trojian Horse… I mean the Gundam was crippled…-Simple as that, and to allow it to retreat, that's really gonna cost the Dolaz fleet in the long run… Besides that, how could a Run-of-the-Mill GM rifle perce the armor of a Gelgoog, and better yet, why would the entire thing explode if it was hit in the arm where their was a sheild there?

Besides that Keth's Guncannon took a direct blast in the Torso and not even a scratch…-Sure he was knocked out of the battle, but if it was a no name in there… It would have surely been blowen up…

Oh My God!!! you didn't kill one of the main characters!!! YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!! hahaha really BK I think you should loosen up a bit, your whole theory has gone to your head.

Shenrezade
18-04-2002, 12:25 AM
Well, I happen to like 0083, but the other members probably think I'm an idiot because of this, since I also like Gundam Wing, merely because of it's, what was it the other guys said...... Oh yes, "Flashy and made for Gay people and Yaoi Fangirls." Yup, I'm gay, and have bad taste!! Whoo-hoo!! Now I just need to become a Gun-toting Nazi/Communist feminist and I'll have all the areas covered!!

Sergeant Wittmann
18-04-2002, 10:07 AM
Sounds like a good idea, but wouldn't it be hard to be both a Nazi AND a communist? The two ideologies are sort of at odds.

Black_Knight
23-04-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Shenrezade
Now I just need to become a Gun-toting Nazi/Communist feminist and I'll have all the areas covered!!

That's impossible…-Since the Ideoligy of the Nazi party held communism on the high part on their "to kill" list…

Shenrezade
24-04-2002, 12:48 AM
Then I'll be a suicidal!! Even better!!

Black_Knight
24-04-2002, 02:01 PM
Then I'll be a suicidal!! Even better!!

Okay… That' works too…

Shenrezade
25-04-2002, 12:19 AM
WHat's that supposed to mean!? I bet you think I'm crazy, don't you BK!!? I'm not crazy!! Those White Coats don't know anything about advanded Monkey Physics! *Grabs a banana* NOBODY MOVE OR THE FRUIT GETS IT!!!

Steathassasn
25-04-2002, 11:47 AM
oo83....yeah i like it i like gundam wing too ( yes the many ins and outs of the story entertain me...the yaoi part im not so fond of )

and kou sounds like one of my old Rp characters so im an instant fan

that and the fact that they left the old japanese intro instead of dicing the show and adding that to some mix track and calling it a begining intro as toonami has been infamously known for

it also reminds me of 08th team ( not many people like this one either ..i dont know why )

so your not alone...there are others like you :D

Black_Knight
25-04-2002, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by Steathassasn

it also reminds me of 08th team ( not many people like this one either ..i dont know why )

so your not alone...there are others like you :D

Maybe perhaps all the Zeons are 10 billion times cooler than those bleeding heart feddies? :rolleyes2:

Lt Amada
28-04-2002, 08:48 PM
So, what did you think of last night's episode?

The final confrontation between Kou and Gato is brewing.

See Kou's new MS here:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/0083/rx-78gp03.htm

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/0083/rx-78gp03s.htm

And Gato's new MS here:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/0083/amx-002.htm

Also, Cima (aka: superbitch) flies this POS:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/0083/agx-04.htm

Just thought that I'd be helpful!

Shenrezade
29-04-2002, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Lt Amada

And Gato's new MS here:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/0083/amx-002.htm

*eating the bannana* That's no mobile suit!! That's the Emerald Weapon from Final Fantasy 7 painted yellow!! What's wrong with these people? mmmmmm, bannana.....

MauveVandal
29-04-2002, 10:34 AM

Maybe perhaps all the Zeons are 10 billion times cooler than those bleeding heart feddies? :rolleyes2:

Zeon is about as cool as most Western-Styled DC Superheros, stupid evil pigs they are. Speaking of, people of the Gundam forum was I missed?! I've been kinda skipping around AnimeBoards forum to forum, except this one.

TenchiMasaki07
29-04-2002, 04:56 PM
And know we or they, whichever you prefer await the Unit 03 ......

the cheapness effect..... the way one thing chain reacts to make a crappy event happen....?

Black_Knight
29-04-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by TenchiMasaki07
And know we or they, whichever you prefer await the Unit 03 ......

the cheapness effect..... the way one thing chain reacts to make a crappy event happen....?

Evangelion Unit-03!?! Where!?!

As for the cheapness effect… Goto should of kicked Kou's ass… Period… It's the cheapness effect… Besides, AMX-002 (AMA-X2) Neue Ziel… Is a Mobile Armor!

You suck MauveVandal! Zeon shall rise again over your corrupt Federation!

MauveVandal
29-04-2002, 06:45 PM
You suck MauveVandal! Zeon shall rise again over your corrupt Federation!

Yeah the Federation is corrupt, thats why I support the Anti- Earth Union Group because Zeon and the Federation are both very oppressive governments.

Lt Amada
29-04-2002, 08:11 PM
*eating the bannana* That's no mobile suit!! That's the Emerald Weapon from Final Fantasy 7 painted yellow!! What's wrong with these people? mmmmmm, bannana.....

Shouldn't that be "The Emerald Weapon from FF VII ripped off the Neue Ziel", since 0083 pre-dates FF VII by 5 years?

Black_Knight
29-04-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by MauveVandal

Yeah the Federation is corrupt, thats why I support the Anti- Earth Union Group because Zeon and the Federation are both very oppressive governments.

Er… Good point… But the latter Zeon movments like Delaz and Neo-Zeon were at least not one of mass genocide…

Black_Knight
29-04-2002, 09:18 PM
And remember…-The Emperor might be evil… But the Empire and its citizens aren't!

Shenrezade
30-04-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Lt Amada

Shouldn't that be "The Emerald Weapon from FF VII ripped off the Neue Ziel", since 0083 pre-dates FF VII by 5 years?

(Crap, I've been found out!!)I....uh.... I don't have any idea what you mean..... Really I don't. *runs away*

TenchiMasaki07
30-04-2002, 04:58 PM
black knight get the eva out of your head please and think gundam.....Gundam unit 3 not Eva Unit-03
but i understand the mistake..

Delaz is willing to commit mass genocide......

they just blew off the mirrors off the colonies.....now one will smash into the colonies on the moon...

if that isn't genocid
then what the hell is it?
Collateral damage is a -----!

TenchiMasaki07
30-04-2002, 05:02 PM
Hail Zeon!!!
HAIL ZEON!!!
hAIL ZEON!!!

all rise for the admiral DELAZ!!

somewhere else..

Salute!!!

The federation will over come the zeon forces

State your allegiance!
Federation!

Black_Knight
30-04-2002, 07:58 PM
black knight get the eva out of your head please and think gundam.....Gundam unit 3 not Eva Unit-03

they just blew off the mirrors off the colonies.....now one will smash into the colonies on the moon...

if that isn't genocid

Well it wasn't droped on the Earth…

Even though that would have been a better idea…

And mock my lover again, and I'll hunt you down and castrate you with my nails…

Sergeant Wittmann
01-05-2002, 08:02 AM
So Char's Operation: Drop Asteroids on Everyone's Head doesn't count.

MauveVandal
01-05-2002, 10:41 AM

if that isn't genocid

Unit 3, you mean the Stamen? I've always called em' by their names or their model numbers, like the Stamen is the RX-78GP03s. Whats with calling em' "Unit"?

Sergeant Wittmann
01-05-2002, 12:43 PM
Huh huh, he said "unit".

Lt Amada
01-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Thank you Beavis...... or is it Butthead? WTF, I don't really care...........

Black_Knight
01-05-2002, 06:00 PM
So Char's Operation: Drop Asteroids on Everyone's Head doesn't count.

That was Axis… It was a military installation…-Not a colony…

Sergeant Wittmann
01-05-2002, 07:21 PM
I thought that in "Char's Counterattack", he launched an operation to bombard Earth with asteroids.

p.s. It's Butthead.

Black_Knight
01-05-2002, 07:48 PM
I thought that in "Char's Counterattack", he launched an operation to bombard Earth with asteroids.

p.s. It's Butthead.

But the main event was dropping Axis…

Sergeant Wittmann
01-05-2002, 09:47 PM
And what was Axis being dropped ON?

Emma
02-05-2002, 02:23 PM
The contains spoiler for CCA.

Spoiler
Neo Zeon dropped Luna 5 on Tibet in the beginning of CCA. Then, they purchased Axis from Earth Federation and tried to drop it on Earth. However, the operation was not successfully as Amuro, in Nu Gundam, pushed it away. It is one of the most dramatical scene in Gundam, in my opinion. CCA is not about dropping big asteroids on Earth, but about why people wants to do so. Hearing the finally conversation between Char and Amuro is well-worth it.
End spoiler

Black_Knight
02-05-2002, 04:22 PM
Well… How did the Feddies get their hands on Axis? Let alone sell it… That makes no sence…

TenchiMasaki07
02-05-2002, 04:49 PM
What black knight?
collateral damage is your lover??

otakus have strange bedfellows......

MauveVandal
02-05-2002, 09:11 PM
Huh huh, he said "unit".

HE? Yeah, whats with callin' "Unit"? What happen to the AEUG after the 1st Neo Zeon War, I never seen ZZ or CCA.

Black_Knight
02-05-2002, 09:40 PM
What black knight?
collateral damage is your lover??

otakus have strange bedfellows......

No… Evangelion Unit-03 is my lover… Don't forget that…

TenchiMasaki07
03-05-2002, 04:27 PM
ahhhh......well then

i will not forget it.....

::salutes and turns on his heel ::

Black_Knight
03-05-2002, 07:22 PM
ahhhh......well then

i will not forget it.....

::salutes and turns on his heel ::

Better…

MauveVandal
06-05-2002, 11:11 AM
Stupid Zeon, Zion, Jion whatever the stupid dictator army calls themself. They give spaceniods a bad name.

James
06-05-2002, 12:08 PM
But we still think their cool. :lol:

Black_Knight
06-05-2002, 07:26 PM
Stupid Zeon, Zion, Jion whatever the stupid dictator army calls themself. They give spaceniods a bad name.

Better that than a corrupt, incompentant, arrogent goverment… I mean, sure most of them are assholes to the civies, but renaming Solomen… That's crossing the line…

SEIG ZEON!

DarkCode
06-05-2002, 11:28 PM
I think Zeon are the arrogant ones they think by DESTROYING the earth they can be free. They crossed the line when the stole the bad ass GP02.

MauveVandal
07-05-2002, 10:26 AM

Better that than a corrupt, incompentant, arrogent goverment…

But thats Zeon, Zion, Jion whichever. They would be just as oppressive as the Federation, if not worse.

DarkPrimus
07-05-2002, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by DarkCode
I think Zeon are the arrogant ones they think by DESTROYING the earth they can be free. They crossed the line when the stole the bad ass GP02.

Why? Because they planned on nuking the Federation, instead of allowing the Federation to nuke them?:confused2

Sergeant Wittmann
07-05-2002, 05:54 PM
Do we ever see them oppressing space-folk?

Black_Knight
07-05-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by DarkPrimus

Why? Because they planned on nuking the Federation, instead of allowing the Federation to nuke them?:confused2

Heh… No sh*t man… Did you see the size Naval Reveiw at Solomen? It was huge! I mean the Feddies had control of all military factories, pumping out MS and battle crusiers at will… The Zeons were stuck in remote locations and they had to work with their outdated Mobile suits and ships… To be able to scrape togther all this and commence with Operation Stardust… And get as far as they are… It shows Delaz is one hell of a guy…

Besides, the Fedies were getting fat and lazy with their prosperity… And if the Zeons were such a small threat as they saw them… Why the giant military build up? And better yet, why fu*k with the Antartic treaty? I mean what the Zeons are doing is legit since the Feddies drew first blood in this one…

And if you havn't noticed, the Federation has been oppersing the Space-nodes… Draining them of their resources and keeping them under their thumb…

DarkCode
07-05-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by DarkPrimus

Why, of course! I love my logic!

Black_Knight
07-05-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by DarkCode

Why, of course! I love my logic!

:dot:

That didn't tell us much¬

DarkPrimus
07-05-2002, 09:36 PM
Do we ever see them oppressing space-folk?

Have you suffered complete memory failure? How about the colonies!!!

MauveVandal
07-05-2002, 09:53 PM

Heh… No sh*t man… Did you see the size Naval Reveiw at Solomen? It was huge! I mean the Feddies had control of all military factories, pumping out MS and battle crusiers at will… The Zeons were stuck in remote locations and they had to work with their outdated Mobile suits and ships… To be able to scrape togther all this and commence with Operation Stardust… And get as far as they are… It shows Delaz is one hell of a guy…

Besides, the Fedies were getting fat and lazy with their prosperity… And if the Zeons were such a small threat as they saw them… Why the giant military build up? And better yet, why fu*k with the Antartic treaty? I mean what the Zeons are doing is legit since the Feddies drew first blood in this one…

And if you havn't noticed, the Federation has been oppersing the Space-nodes… Draining them of their resources and keeping them under their thumb…

Yes, the Feddies and their updated suits. A GM Kai is a whole of a lot better than the GM Commands, oh they're only armed with the same 90mm Machine Gun and have worse performance. Sure I'll admit that what the Delaz fleet working with 3 year old suits and causing this much trouble is quite impressive but they did get help from Axis. If a Mobile Armor that can wipe out an entire pursuit fleet, and sending an advance fleet to back them up isn't help then tell me what is. Yeah, sure the Feddies made a few new suits but only in limited numbers.

Yeah the Federation is stealing the colonies resources, but whats the difference between the Federation using those resources to build weapons of mass destruction, and Zeon using those resources to make weapons of mass destruction?! I'm sure Zeon would've created a military group to keep a watch on the citizens of space, who eventually got out of hand when the spaceniods start protesting against Zeon. One military is as oppressive as the next, why trade one oppressive leader who is on Earth for another oppressive leader who is in space?

Black_Knight
07-05-2002, 11:21 PM
I'm sure Zeon would've created a military group to keep a watch on the citizens of space, who eventually got out of hand when the spaceniods start protesting against Zeon. One military is as oppressive as the next, why trade one oppressive leader who is on Earth for another oppressive leader who is in space?

Because a thing called a coup is much easier to commence…

Besides, I belive it was the Feddies that started this with their opperstion of Spacnoid independance…

MauveVandal
08-05-2002, 10:56 AM
A coup with a facist group like Zeon, yeah right. As for the blocking of the colonies indepdence, it seems that only Side 3 was the one claiming oppression from the Federation. Zeon is no better than the Federation, they both suck!

Black_Knight
08-05-2002, 05:31 PM
A coup with a facist group like Zeon, yeah right. As for the blocking of the colonies indepdence, it seems that only Side 3 was the one claiming oppression from the Federation. Zeon is no better than the Federation, they both suck!

So! You admit the Federation is incompetant! I knew it! Death to the Federation and their politics! Zeon shall rise again!

MauveVandal
09-05-2002, 10:22 AM
Zeon shall fall short of victory, as it is seen in the out come of the One Year War, and Operation Stardust. Zeon is incompetant as the Federation, if not more because they lost the war to the Federation.

DarkMagician
09-05-2002, 11:37 AM
I'm quite suprised the Zeon lost. They had superior suits. They had more soldiers. They had all those ACEs, Char, Jonney Ridden, Black Tristar etc. They had an ok leader. And their most deadly enemy was ONE Gundam.
Kind of reminds me of the English Civil War. Charles Stuart had a massive army and good soldiers and he still lost to Parliament. Sorry to bring that up. I've got an AS Exam on it in 4 days.

Black_Knight
09-05-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by DarkMagician
I'm quite suprised the Zeon lost. They had superior suits. They had more soldiers. They had all those ACEs, Char, Jonney Ridden, Black Tristar etc. They had an ok leader. And their most deadly enemy was ONE Gundam.

Er, there main forces throughout the war was the Zaku II… They only had 1/3 the troops that the Feddies had, And an ace can only cover so much ground…

Zeon shall fall short of victory, as it is seen in the out come of the One Year War, and Operation Stardust. Zeon is incompetant as the Federation, if not more because they lost the war to the Federation.

Operation Stardust, at this point seems to have been most ingenous… Don't knock it…

TenchiMasaki07
09-05-2002, 04:58 PM
ok in reply to someone saying the feddies were going to nuke the Zeons before the zeon nuked the feddies

the us made nuclear weapons even during times of peace...the cold war was just a standoff....

so we made weapons to make sure we were prepared in the event of a war....so it if they launched against us...we could launch back

one drawback
we have (or had) enough nukes to take out them and the rest of the civilized world..and so did they...

so we never launched because we were afraid to and so were they...its call Mutually Assured Destruction...or MAD..

so the feddies were just getting ready in the event of a war with an opponent with nukes...they would fire only if provoked with a nuke themselves...or maybe they just wanted to mount a nuke on a gundam...like putting a spoiler on a mitsubishi eclipse to make it look "cool".... dont know about a spoiler making a car look cool...
Formula 1 racers need it to stay on the track or they lift off like a 747...sorry thats something else

they were just being prepared...like me having a gun...i might never use it but its good to have

DarkMagician
10-05-2002, 03:21 AM

Er, there main forces throughout the war was the Zaku II… They only had 1/3 the troops that the Feddies had, And an ace can only cover so much ground…

True, but they still had significant amount of other suits like the Gelgoog, Dom, and Rick Dom etc.
And they had really powerful weapons such as Lalah's Elmeth(sp?). The Big Zam (Even though I absolutly hate the Big Zam), and Char's Zeong etc. The Feddies main forces was the GM, the guntank, the guncannon, the ball and the core fighter as thier forces. That's it. And it's better to have a handful of ACES then an army of novices.

MauveVandal
10-05-2002, 10:28 AM

True, but they still had significant amount of other suits like the Gelgoog, Dom, and Rick Dom etc.
And they had really powerful weapons such as Lalah's Elmeth(sp?). The Big Zam (Even though I absolutly hate the Big Zam), and Char's Zeong etc. The Feddies main forces was the GM, the guntank, the guncannon, the ball and the core fighter as thier forces. That's it. And it's better to have a handful of ACES then an army of novices.

But the Federation wasn't full of novice pilots, some pilots had been battling in Mobile Suits since Grama's Death. As for Fighter pilots they did retrain most to pilot Mobile Suits, this is where the TGM-79 GM Trainer comes in handy. How many aces did Zeon have at the end of the war? Not a lot, the Federation had aces too you know difference is they didn't get has much attention has Zeon aces. Mobile Suit wise, sure Zaku's, Rick Dom's, and Gelgoogs could easily take out GM's that is if the pilots are at the same skill level. That and there weren't enough Gelgoog's to make a difference, the Federation had experienced pilots while all of Zeon's experienced pilots where dead.

DarkPrimus
10-05-2002, 11:39 AM
By the time Gelloogs were produced in any large number, mostly novice pilots were given them. This was stated during the battle at A Boa Qu.

Sergeant Wittmann
10-05-2002, 05:50 PM

...And it's better to have a handful of ACES then an army of novices.

Hardly. German veterans of World War II know this better than anyone else. They had the greatest tanks and tank destroyers the world had seen up till then, like Panthers, Tigers, King Tigers, and Jadgpanthers. The allies just had dinky Shermans and stuff (the T-34 was good but the Germans could fight those effectively). However, the allies fielded a hundred thousand of their inferior machines against maybe 10,000 superior German designs and won.
But back to Gundam, the GM was definitely better than the Zaku because it had beam swords and a beam spray gun. Simply having beam weapons puts a unit in a better position than almost any other Zeon unite.

Black_Knight
10-05-2002, 06:09 PM

Hardly. German veterans of World War II know this better than anyone else. They had the greatest tanks and tank destroyers the world had seen up till then, like Panthers, Tigers, King Tigers, and Jadgpanthers. The allies just had dinky Shermans and stuff (the T-34 was good but the Germans could fight those effectively). However, the allies fielded a hundred thousand of their inferior machines against maybe 10,000 superior German designs and won.
But back to Gundam, the GM was definitely better than the Zaku because it had beam swords and a beam spray gun. Simply having beam weapons puts a unit in a better position than almost any other Zeon unite.

And also the Feddies later outproduced the Zeons… Stupid Beam weaponrey!

Lt Amada
10-05-2002, 10:00 PM
If you can afford it, sending out loads of GM's, or Zaku's as cannon fodder will almost ensure victory, as long as your opponent can't keep up!

Sergeant Wittmann
11-05-2002, 11:47 AM
Yes, the battles tend to be attrition warfare most of the time.

Sheex, The Dark Stalker
15-05-2002, 12:19 PM

Well, if you'll notice in the series, the Zeons are quite capable at screwing themselves over. Ranba Ral and his troops died because of M'Quve's 'secrets', then M'Quve died himself because of his own arrogance. The Zabis killed each other off until only Kacilia was left, then she was killed by a fellow Zeon. If the Zeon Organization wasn't made up of such greedy officers/leaders, and more people like Ranba Ral or Bernie Wiseman, then they probably would have won.

TenchiMasaki07
15-05-2002, 04:39 PM
I dont know about bernie wiseman....he seemed like he would of avoided being in the war at all..seemed he joined because everyone else was...

it seemed the feds had more advanced technology didnt it?
..hence the beam weaponry...

you think the zeons would of used some of the captured GMs and reverse engineered it to make their own beam sabers...and get rid of those heater blades..

Black_Knight
15-05-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by Sheex, The Dark Stalker

Well, if you'll notice in the series, the Zeons are quite capable at screwing themselves over. Ranba Ral and his troops died because of M'Quve's 'secrets', then M'Quve died himself because of his own arrogance.

Just what were M'Quve's 'secrets'? Also M'Quve had very good reason to be arrogant… I am he was one hell of an MS pilot… If Amuro didn't have the mastery of a newtype that he had then…-He would have been killed by M'Quve… Same thing with the Black Tri-Stars and later most of the other Zeon troopers… Hell how can the Guncannon take a shot directly in the chest from a Z'gok?

Originally posted by Sheex, The Dark Stalker

The Zabis killed each other off until only Kacilia was left, then she was killed by a fellow Zeon. If the Zeon Organization wasn't made up of such greedy officers/leaders, and more people like Ranba Ral or Bernie Wiseman, then they probably would have won.

On the contray, only Gerhin and Kacilia were the only ones to kill another Zabi…-Dewim and Gerhin respectivly…

Dolaz died (Or did he?) as to the attack to that damn Gundam… While both Kacilia and Garma were wacked by Char…

(Sorry if the spellings off, but not much you can do…)