PDA

View Full Version : Gundam F91

Gundam
18-07-2002, 09:06 PM
I was just wondering who here has actually seen Gundam F91? It's probably my favorite of the Gundam series. Sadly, there's no Char or Amuro (almost cried at the end of CCA, lol.) but the story is still really good. Some claim that it's too crammed for a movie and should've been made into a series or OVA. I think both would've been really nice but we got a movie, instead. So, anyone see it and if you did, what'd you think of it? Please, don't comment if you haven't seen it. I hate it when people do that.

- Aisu.

Black_Knight
18-07-2002, 09:16 PM
With the set up of it… I think an OVA/OAV would have been more suitable… I heard it was orignally suppost to be a full feldged series, but then everyone got tired after the first 10 or so epsiodes and they made it a movie to cut their loses…

Beam Shields, you knew they come in sooner or later… :rolleyes:

Emma
18-07-2002, 09:32 PM
I have seen F91 five or six times already and I really like the movie. It is a little hard to understand at first as so much is crammed in a 2 hour long movie. However, after clearing up some of the points, it becomes really good. Good story and good characters bring the animation alive.

MauveVandal
18-07-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Black_Knight
With the set up of it… I think an OVA/OAV would have been more suitable… I heard it was orignally suppost to be a full feldged series, but then everyone got tired after the first 10 or so epsiodes and they made it a movie to cut their loses…

Beam Shields, you knew they come in sooner or later… :rolleyes:

Yeah it was suppose to be a full series, but I forgot why it turned out to be a short movie. Beam Shields, it came sooner than F91.

Ichitaka Seto
19-07-2002, 12:21 AM
Yep, I have it on DVD.. it's a nice movie.

dalmain
19-07-2002, 04:52 PM
I've seen it twice. I like it too. I wish they would have made it a series or an ova....it would have cleared up some of the character underdevelopment. But other than that it was a good movie. I wish they would continue this timeline of the UC series.

Gundam
19-07-2002, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by dalmain
I wish they would continue this timeline of the UC series.

Well, it went Gundam F91, Victory Gundam, and then G-Saviour. G-Saviour was terrible, it really was. What we really want is something that RULES G-SAVIOUR OUT. Yes, voids it completely and puts it in the Gaia Gear category. Heheh. That'd be awsome.

Icantpickascreename
19-07-2002, 06:37 PM
They've created an American Cast for G-Saviors live action movie...I've already seen it on DVD...

Gundam
19-07-2002, 06:52 PM
Yes. G-Saviour is Canadian with American CGI, I believe. It was originally filmed in English and subtitled for Japan. It's been released in America because it's the easiest to bring over. It's already in English, so all they've got to do is make a casing for it. G-Saviour is just sickening. I could rant and rant about G-Saviour, I was known at Gundam.com for my amazing ability to BASH G-Saviour into a pulp. And this terrible movie deserved every insult it's received. :evil:

Icantpickascreename
19-07-2002, 06:54 PM
Yeah, I think it was bad enough to rent the horrid thing...

DarkMagician
19-07-2002, 07:02 PM
What I really want is an animated series of the manga Crossbone Gundam, the sequel to F91.

Icantpickascreename
19-07-2002, 07:04 PM
Then look either at

http://google.com

or

http://ebay.com

I hope this helps!

Black_Knight
19-07-2002, 10:06 PM
F90 series with the Zeons?

You just can't keep'em down! :D

Icantpickascreename
19-07-2002, 10:25 PM
If you want theme songs of gundam go to animeart.com...:D

Black_Knight
20-07-2002, 12:42 PM
One, is this a Legit site? Two, none of them work…

Icantpickascreename
20-07-2002, 01:36 PM
1) Yes, they are, none of it is illegal
2) That happens frequently...:rolleyes:

Gundam
20-07-2002, 04:06 PM
I'm pretty sure AnimeArt.com sells HK DVDs. I'm kinda new to the boards, so, I dunno if you're allowed to talk about HK... some places allow it and don't allow talking about downloading stuff.

Icantpickascreename
20-07-2002, 05:02 PM
No, no, no...I think it's ok...Actually no one has every brought up the topic before...But if it wasn't ok, I don't think you'd get into trouble!

Gundam
20-07-2002, 08:29 PM
Oh, well, Hong Kong DVDs (HK DVDs) are like, the leading DVD distributer of, uh, non-licensed anime. Yeah, that made it sounds good! Heheh. Some of their stuff has some good subbing where others... totally ruin the names. My friend got Tekkaman Blade from them, and one of the characters name was one thing and they translated it to Jim... the name didn't resemble Jim in the least. If you're looking for HK DVDs for good prices, you might want to try www.animeniacs.org. They've got a lot and for a fairly low price.

Again, if you can't say that on these boards please tell me. Thanks! ;)

Icantpickascreename
20-07-2002, 10:38 PM
Don't worry about that. I'll check out that website a little later. See you around soon! :D

BACK ON TOPIC

Gundam F91 seems like a good series to engross into the mind. I haven't seen it, but does anybody have opinions on it? If you do, please continue this thread with your discussions.