PDA

View Full Version : Gundam Universe questions

Mad Hellian
18-08-2002, 01:17 AM
1. What is the difference between After Colony, Universal Colony, Future Colony, and all those types of timelines in the Gundam Series?

2. What is more efficent: a Zaku, or a Leo?

3. What Gundam is considered the most powerful out of all the series?

4. What is the name of the faction opposing the Earth Federation in Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory?

5. What is the name of Kou's Gundam in Gundam 0083: SM?

I'll probably have more later on, so I dont care if anyone dumps on me about bringing this thread back.

Black_Knight
18-08-2002, 02:35 AM
Universal Century is the main universe of mobile Suit gundam. The rest are Alternate universes.

Well depending on whether the gundam cheapness effect is taken out or not.

Either Turn A, Devil, or God.

The Delaz Fleet

Which one?

Atticus
18-08-2002, 02:41 AM
Think he's talking aobut the GP01

Mad Hellian
18-08-2002, 03:11 AM
The one he was piloting at the first few 10 or so episodes.It looks like the very First Gundam that Amuro piloted, but slightly different.

Atticus
18-08-2002, 03:15 AM
thats the GP-01 statmen or something....

Black_Knight
18-08-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Atticus
thats the GP-01 statmen or something....

It's name was the Zephyranthes, your thinking of RX-78GP03S Gundam Dendrobium Stamen, which he used at the end of the series. The Feddie loser also piloted the Zephyranthes Full Vernian, which although sounds the same as the Zephyranthes, it was completly over hauled.

MauveVandal
18-08-2002, 02:28 PM
1. Universal Century, not colony my friend. Universal Century in the original timeline, starting at Mobile Suit Gundam and ending at Victory (would say G-Savior but that sucked to much to include it.)

2. Its hard to compare a Zaku to a Leo because they're both from different universe, besides there are lots of different Zaku's, and their other models based on the Zaku design like a Geara Doga.

3. Well, thats more a matter of opinion but any of the ones BK named God, Turn A and Devil

4. The Delza Fleet

5. RX-78GP01A Gundam "Zephyranthes", which I do believe the RX-178 Gundam Mark II could slap silly.

Black_Knight
18-08-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by MauveVandal
(would say G-Savior but that sucked to much to include it.)

What's the matter? Because the Federation finnaly got the boot?

MauveVandal
18-08-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Black_Knight

What's the matter? Because the Federation finnaly got the boot?

I really don't care if the Federation got the boot, I support those militia's like AEUG, and the Leauge Militaire. That and G-Saviour was just a horid movie to begin with, its Starship Troopers mets some second-rate writer. It in no way stays tride and true the UC feeling of "war sucks" its more like "hey I know nothing about Gundam but I'm gonna use the Mobile Suits and then not even mention the word 'Gundam' in it and have ugly CG fight scenes!"

Mad Hellian
18-08-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by MauveVandal

I really don't care if the Federation got the boot, I support those militia's like AEUG, and the Leauge Militaire. That and G-Saviour was just a horid movie to begin with, its Starship Troopers mets some second-rate writer. It in no way stays tride and true the UC feeling of "war sucks" its more like "hey I know nothing about Gundam but I'm gonna use the Mobile Suits and then not even mention the word 'Gundam' in it and have ugly CG fight scenes!"

Well Mauve you've never ever let me down before, so im gonna take your word for it, and stay away from the evil G-Saviour, G-Saviour is bad, G-Saviour is the Devil.

Icantpickascreename
18-08-2002, 04:37 PM
Well of course it was. After all it was a live-action making of the Gundam Series...

MauveVandal
18-08-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Icantpickascreename
Well of course it was. After all it was a live-action making of the Gundam Series...

One battle scene sticks out in my head, because I was saying to myself "is this suppose to be Wing Command?" I'd rather sit here and aruge with BK about cheapness effect in the UC then watch G-Saviour.

Mad Hellian
20-08-2002, 04:37 AM
Is it just me or are their too many masked guys in the Gundam Universe? There's that guy that has that half of a mask cause of a battle he had with the Devil Gundam in G Gundam, Char in MSG, and Zechs in GW.

DarkMagician
20-08-2002, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Mad Hellian
Is it just me or are their too many masked guys in the Gundam Universe? There's that guy that has that half of a mask cause of a battle he had with the Devil Gundam in G Gundam, Char in MSG, and Zechs in GW.

Hmmm, too many masked guys? Let's see

MSG:

Char
Kishiria Zabi (Ok, a masked girl)

G Gundam:

Schwartz Bruder
Urupe

V Gundam:

Chronicle Asher

Gundam Wing:

Zechs Merquise

Gundam F91:

Karozo

That's all I can think of at the moment. Sorry if I missed any out. But compared to the number of characters in the Gundam Universe, there really isn't all that many masked people. I think you might be suggesting that most of them (if not all) had really important roles of their series.

Mad Hellian
20-08-2002, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by DarkMagician

Hmmm, too many masked guys? Let's see

MSG:

Char
Kishiria Zabi (Ok, a masked girl)

G Gundam:

Schwartz Bruder
Urupe

V Gundam:

Chronicle Asher

Gundam Wing:

Zechs Merquise

Gundam F91:

Karozo

That's all I can think of at the moment. Sorry if I missed any out. But compared to the number of characters in the Gundam Universe, there really isn't all that many masked people. I think you might be suggesting that most of them (if not all) had really important roles of their series.

No, I meant liek there's no many of them, and yet so many are alike.Char, Zechs, and the G Gundam guy(I think it's Urupe) are all really quiet and mysterious.

Kerensky
20-08-2002, 04:39 PM
Well zechs is pretty much a Char ripoff.

Remember that Gundam Wing can be though of as basically summarising the whole UC timeline through Char's Counterattack.

Mad Hellian
21-08-2002, 04:07 AM
Originally posted by Kerensky
Well zechs is pretty much a Char ripoff.

Remember that Gundam Wing can be though of as basically summarising the whole UC timeline through Char's Counterattack.

Char: Hail Zeon.......

BTW I noticed something, If I remember right MSG Gundam takes place in like UC 007? somethin, and Char's Counterattack is UC 0093, am I observing this right, and it's almost 20 years after MSG!?! :eek:.

Ura
21-08-2002, 09:35 AM
Nope The one year war is between 0079 and 0080, 14 years between the start of Mobile Suit Gundam and CCA,

Mad Hellian
21-08-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Ura
Nope The one year war is between 0079 and 0080, 14 years between the start of Mobile Suit Gundam and CCA,

Still a long time never the less.

Kerensky
21-08-2002, 04:53 PM
Yes but we missed Zeta Gundam in 0086 and Double Zeta Gundam shortly thereafter. Its really only about a 6 year span.

Mad Hellian
22-08-2002, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Kerensky
Yes but we missed Zeta Gundam in 0086 and Double Zeta Gundam shortly thereafter. Its really only about a 6 year span.

Cant wait to check those two out, ive got Gundam Battle Assault on PS, and I rock with the ZZ Gundam(sounds like somethin ZZ Top would pilot :lol:, but a good Gundam never the less).Z Gundam is pretty cool to, love the Waverider mode.