PDA

View Full Version : RahXephon Movie in 2003

Westlo
12-09-2002, 01:56 AM
Taken from AnimeOnDvd http://forums.animeondvd.com/dcforum/DCForumID13/6472.html

Official website has announced that a RahXephon movie will be released in the (northern) spring of 2003:
http://www.rahxephon.com/

You can download a short (15 second, 620kb) clip of the announcement on this page (not that there's much to see):
http://home9.highway.ne.jp/k-808/

However, it may contain a few spoilerish pics and discussion (in Japanese), so if you want to avoid those, the direct link is:
http://home9.highway.ne.jp/k-808/xefon.mpg

Great news if you ask me

MDWigs
12-09-2002, 02:23 AM
Ha I just commented on this in the RahXephon thread ^_^

This is terrific news, any more RahXephon has to be a good thing in my opinion.

DistMan
12-09-2002, 03:01 AM
This might mean that Rah won't end at the 26:th ep or that the movie will be a epilogue etc etc. Interresting considering that it wil be wery hard to wrapp everything up just by having 02 more minutes left int eh series..

"I speak strange English today i know"

MDWigs
12-09-2002, 03:09 AM
HAHAH Westlo you do realise that the http://home9.highway.ne.jp/k-808/ page is calling RahXephon エヴァのデッドコピー(A dead copy of Eva) ^_^

I don't think there are as many similarities as people suggest, but what I've seen of the ending made me think very much of The End of Evangelion.

EDIT: BTW if you actually want to read that Japanese then view the page using Shift-JIS encoding.

fushi
13-09-2002, 07:43 AM
not much to say besides :yippee:, can't wait. I hope it has some more of that jazzy part of the soundtrack i enjoyed alot in the beginning of the series : )

hGh
13-09-2002, 11:42 AM
With a series like that it would be a shame not to have a movie. Besides, where are they going to invest the profits they will get from the series itself - a production of a kick-ass movie would be a good choice if you ask me :D.

And mix of jazz ( IMHO one of the most influential music genres that poped into existance in the 20th century, but thats another topic) and anime is always good in my book.

Sheex, The Dark Stalker
14-09-2002, 05:02 PM
Wow, a movie now too? Good news, I guess. :P Any word on whether its gonna be like the Esca movie and not related to the series, or like the Eva movies? No spoilers please, I haven't even seen a single episode yet although now that the show is over I can probably track it down somewhere... Looking forward to this anime even more than Zeta Gundam :D

Westlo
23-09-2002, 11:33 PM
I'm at work but I can quickly post this

On Yamada Akihiro's official website, he writes that there will be approximately 20 minutes of new footage in the RahXephon movie. Sounds like a digest movie. Yamada is the character designer for the series.

http://natsumemaya.terminus.net.au/news.htm

That guy knows his stuff where do you think I got the information for in the first place about this movie (ie he's the one who made the aod tread)

laters

APF
23-01-2003, 08:15 PM
wait, so it's not an extension of the story?
*cuts self*

death
24-01-2003, 12:19 AM
Ah...

So its like Vandread:MOvement stage...

I was wondering about that...

3line
24-01-2003, 12:36 AM
What I really hope is that extra 20 mins of footage includes at least a few more hints of what happens in the Coda--in order to confirm/demolish some of my conjectures, of course.

Westlo
27-01-2003, 06:35 PM
I read this off AnimeOnDVD - http://forums.animeondvd.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=19&topic_id=35913

Warning 2: SPOILERS FOR ALL OF RAHXEPHON TV
Ok I assume its safe now. If you're still reading, don't complain about spoilers.

No, the "new love story" will not take place over 20 mins. What we know from before is that there will be about 20mins of new footage. But now let's look at it from another technical standpoint. The TV-series was in 4:3 (don't give me crap about how 2 episodes were in "widescreen", because they weren't, it was an effect to show the world being "compressed" since in the same episodes the "widescreen" effect opens up to fullscreen.) and the movie being in cinemas, will be 16 "P . This means that even with reused footage, almost every scene will have some extra footage at least.

Now on the the story. The RX movie is not entirely a "recap", per say, it is obvious that the story is the same and it is not a continuity or prequel of the TV series. But yet it seems to be a "reverse direction" of the TV series. RahXephon started out as a mecha mystery show with high concepts of conspiricy and mysticism and eventually reveals all that to be simply parts of the world and the true story being about the love story between Ayato and Haruka. In the movie description, they are playing it in reverse.

Instead of starting off with Ayato in memory loss mode and Haruka in "who the hell is she" mode, it starts off with Ayato and Haruka together when they were young. It mentions that the appearance of MU seperates the two lovers, and Haruka trying to get Ayato back no matter what, and Ayato not remembering her and being stuck in Tokyo Jupiter.

So from what we know the story is EXACTLY the same but played in a different perspective since:

a) the fans would all already know who Haruka/Mishima is.
b) with 90-120mins, it would be impossible to recap and develop the huge cast of RahXephon fully.

This would be a smart move on Izubuchi's part, since focusing on Ayato, Haruka and Quon, and using the fact that the viewers already know the extend of the relationship, they can pull off a dynamic love story movie with new and old footage and still tell a story we already know in another way.

The site also questions how the "sleeping beauty waiting for ayato's kiss" will react to their relationship. I'm guessing that the new footage will mostly cover Ayato and Haruka when they were young, new scenes of Quon and probably more action here and there.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome. :)

APF
31-01-2003, 10:05 PM
Anybody else notice how similar, in idea, to Death & Rebirth this is?

Now I just have to hope like hell for a "The End of Rah Xephon!"

Westlo
01-02-2003, 05:31 PM
Studio Bones are made up of former Studio Sunrise members.

Sunrise have been doing movies like this for Gundam since the early eighties.

Sheex, The Dark Stalker
04-02-2003, 09:30 PM
Sunrise has been doing modified compilation movies since 1982 with (dare I say yet again, at the risk of sounding like a broken record) Ideon: A Contact and the 3 Gundam movies. Death & Rebirth was hardly something new, its only had been going on in the industry for 15 years, if not more.

Regardless, Rah's ending was perfect IMO, no need for an 'End of' thing, which was so obviously needed for Eva.

death
10-02-2003, 08:33 PM
Definatly...

I think that Rahxephon is remarkably well wraped up at the end.

THere are a few questions but not many...

One thing i would like to know is what the inside edge of tokyo jupiter looks like

Westlo
15-02-2003, 10:57 AM
RahXephon Movie Premier Scheduled
JVC of Japan has announced that the RahXephon movie, RahXephon: Tagen Hensoukyoku (RahXephon: Pluralistic Variation) will open in Japanese theaters on April 19th.

Source: Natsume Goushin Ryu Dojo

http://www.animenation.net/news/index.php?id=4542

Can I get a w00t w00t

Does anyone remember the time it took from the Cowboy Bebop movie premiere in japan till a fansub of a cinema rip was out?

Kyrakasa
20-02-2003, 01:20 PM
I think it's going to be more like what

Death and Rebirth / End of Eva was supposed to be.

It's going to be just one movie doing both....

I'm hoping it explains the small confusion I have over how Haruka and that older "Ayato Clone" were together...

Also I want to know who Ayato's father is...

3line
20-02-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Kyrakasa

Also I want to know who Ayato's father is...

I believe that the last episode revealed Mr. Watari as Ayato's father.

Sheex, The Dark Stalker
20-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Revealed in episode 16 actually, although Ayato was too dense to realize it when Watari admitted it right in front of his face :D

3line
21-02-2003, 02:06 AM
Now, that you mention it, yeah. Damn, it's been a while since I saw it. :)

Kyrakasa
27-02-2003, 03:03 PM
Which one was Watari?

And where does he tell Ayato?

And was Quon Ayato's mom?

3line
27-02-2003, 03:07 PM
Which one was Watari?

And where does he tell Ayato?

And was Quon Ayato's mom?

1) The one-eyed TERRA commander
2) He doesn't, but he implies it in episode 16, I believe.
3) No. I don't know where you pulled this from.

Kyrakasa
27-02-2003, 03:12 PM
one episode said she was the first....

And all the others came from her?

Also the ending implies that they were related... with Quon being Ayato/Haruka's baby.

3line
27-02-2003, 03:22 PM
No, Maya was obviously the first of the Mu to physically manifest in the real world. Regardless, Ayato was raised in a test tube, just like Quon and Doctor Itsuki. They are lab creations and have no parents, though Maya is Ayato's mother in spirit.

The ending is a restructuring of the world. The fact that Quon is their baby means very little; it was most likely done as an easy way to tie up that loose end.

Get on with banning me, will ya? :thumbup:

Kyrakasa
27-02-2003, 03:26 PM
You say Ayato is motherless?

where do you get that evidence?

They are lab creations and have no parents-3line-

Did you change your mind? You just said Watari was the Father...

p.s. Actually 3line, some of the posts I've already reported have already been removed, either by you or the moderators... So... I wouldn't be celebrating in triumph if I were you. My goal was first of all to change your attitude, and if it comes to it... you would get banned.

3line
27-02-2003, 07:00 PM

Did you change your mind? You just said Watari was the Father...

He was the genetic donor, I assume. Not too difficult to arrive at, once you consider the fact that Maya basically said she grew Ayato in a vat. Does "I would have given birth to you if I could" and "I have grown you with my own two hands" mean anything to you?

Kyrakasa
28-02-2003, 01:12 AM
Actually it means alot to me...

My dictionary says...

parキent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (p穩nt, pr-)
n.
One who begets, gives birth to, or nurtures and raises a child; a father or mother.
An ancestor; a progenitor.
An organism that produces or generates offspring.
A guardian; a protector.
A parent company.
A source or cause; an origin: Despair is the parent of rebellion.

So I would say Ayato had parents...

p.s. But of course my comments mean nothing... since you are always right

3line
28-02-2003, 01:34 AM
Of course it doesn't matter. You want to debate the semantics of the word "parent," if I'm not mistaken.

This is regardless of the fact that your dictionary confuses the matter even more. So what do you want to do, say that a DNA donor is a parent (definition 2)? Or is it the person who raised the child the parent (definitions 1&4)? In any case, Ayato didn't pop out of a uterus.

All in all, this word game is simply rubbish. Come back when you have something more interesting than sematics with which to bait me.

Westlo
13-03-2003, 01:03 AM
The RahXephon Movie site is open.

http://www.shochiku.co.jp/rahxephon/

I guess it ripped off the Evangelion movie since it had a website too.

3line
13-03-2003, 01:22 PM
Of course, Westlo, everyone knows that Bones is a ripoff of Gainax because they are both animation studios.

Kyrakasa
13-03-2003, 03:31 PM
wow... do I hear angry sarcasm... :liplick:

3line
14-03-2003, 04:03 PM
Hey, if two characters both have sun dresses, then they MUST be clones, eh?

I'm only pointing out the obvious.

Kyrakasa
15-03-2003, 07:30 AM
:p

ummm.... 3line stop mumbling.... :p

I don't understand?

:liplick:

death
22-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Did anyone understand him when he was shouting?

Westlo
31-03-2003, 10:33 AM
What's the proper date for the RahXephon Movie being released in Japan this month.

I've heard the 14th or 19th in a thread on a different board, which ones the correct one?

APF
31-03-2003, 12:44 PM
Was I the only one that noticed the BLATANT SARCASM in what Westlo says?

Kyrakasa
31-03-2003, 01:04 PM
It's still march here... Westlo... ~_~

Lol... APF... If you noticed... I noticed the sarcasm... :liplick:

APF
01-04-2003, 12:32 PM
Kyrakasa, I thought you were refering to 3line.

Kyrakasa
01-04-2003, 02:09 PM
lol... Actually Westlo and 3line both hate me... ~_~

So they knew I was refering to both of them... :liplick:

Westlo
01-04-2003, 06:48 PM
Hate you?

LOL ok whatever floats your boat.

Kyrakasa
01-04-2003, 07:20 PM
SEE~!

he admits it :liplick:

~_~

Westlo
01-04-2003, 07:58 PM
Don't forget theirs a thin line between love and hate....

Kyrakasa
02-04-2003, 12:53 PM
OMG~!

So you're the one who keeps sending me all those love letters and Flowers~!

I could have never guessed :liplick:

~_~

Westlo
07-04-2003, 02:03 AM
You betcha!

Anyway it comes out the 19th.

Kyrakasa
28-04-2003, 03:45 AM
Who here has a way of getting a copy of the movie...

I really need to see it... ~!

~_~

MDWigs
29-04-2003, 08:23 AM
Even bootlegs of the Eva movies didn't hit the street this fast. The only way you will see it over the next couple of months is to go to japan and watch it in a cinema.

Otherwise you will probably have to watch for the region 2 DVD release.

Kyrakasa
29-04-2003, 09:53 AM
MDwigs~!

I knew you could help...

all these guys can do is just sit here... :rolleyes:

go to japan and watch it in a cinema. -MDwigs-

So when we going to japan?

~_~

Westlo
29-04-2003, 10:31 AM
Does anyone remember how long it took for the Cam rip of the Cowboy Bebop movie to come out fansubbed after it premiered in Japan?

I wouldn't expect it to be quicker than that (add a month or so If their's even a Cam version), not many series are as popular as Cowboy Bebop.

Sheex, The Dark Stalker
29-04-2003, 02:55 PM
I don't think it was even a month after it premiered before fansubs of the Bebop movie were around the web...

MDWigs
29-04-2003, 05:28 PM
MDwigs~!

So when we going to japan?

~_~

I'm going in July actually on my mid-year break for four weeks. Want to meet me there? ^_^

Anyway I think 10 days after the release is hoping too much. Maybe it will still be screening in July?

Westlo
30-04-2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Sheex, The Dark Stalker
I don't think it was even a month after it premiered before fansubs of the Bebop movie were around the web...

A month hey, hmmm The RahXephon movie will probably end up like the second Inuyasha movie and not be touced until a DVD release of it is available, though I wouldn't mind a cam rip like Esca and Bebop movies.

Kyrakasa
30-04-2003, 08:29 AM
I'm going in July actually on my mid-year break for four weeks. Want to meet me there? ^_^

Anyway I think 10 days after the release is hoping too much. Maybe it will still be screening in July?-MDwigs-

Alright~!

I can't wait~! Why can't we go now? ;)

Maybe I'll bring a camera...

~_~

DistMan
19-05-2003, 10:38 AM
I'll go next year and stay there for X ammounts of weeks (primarily 3 weeks) ..Can't wait dammet.

*just had to butt in and tell people that he's going aswell*

Westlo
22-05-2003, 10:23 AM
Source - http://natsumemaya.terminus.net.au/news.htm

CD Japan now has the RahXephon movie DVD on its listings. The DVD will be released on 23 August 2003. You'll find details of the first pressing limited edition release here and details for the regular edition here. Source: Aniota BBS.

Hopefully Aone will sub this, I'll have a talk to them but I never see their founder in the main channel any more and I haevn't talked to her in a long time....