PDA

View Full Version : Shining Cross

EbbieMay
12-09-2002, 03:35 PM
Welp, finished the fourth volume of WK. I'm one of the few unfortunates who had to wait to watch the TV series commercially (though I lucked out on the OVAs). This newest volume is probably my favorite so far, even with the odd animation that sprouted through it (gave me a few giggles).

Botan! *sighs*

He was so cool, too bad he was only in two eps.

Oh and I loved the Seiryuu interviews in this one. The 'rock, paper, scissors' tournament had me and my sis in stitches! BTW, Hiiro Yuki is so freakin' adorable!!!

dheu
13-09-2002, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I agree. The fourth volume was really awesome.... although sometimes the animation was really kooky, so much so sometimes that I would just blink at the screen and mutter to myself, "Okay, come on, even I can draw the guys better than that..."

Botan was one cool person; I liked the way he acted to Aya :lol: Although...

SPOILERS AHEAD, BEWARE

... when I was watching his death, I was LMAO. Poor guy. Okay, he's peppered by a few hundred bullets, and then THAT'S not good enough, he has to be flamed into a pile of ash too. :lol: Am I the only one who thought that was hilarious? Or maybe I just have a morbid sense of humor... :littledev

Hey EbbieMay, where did you find those OVAs? :drool: I would LOVE to get my hands on some copies of those.

dheu

EbbieMay
13-09-2002, 11:51 PM
Don't worry dheu, I laughed too. The animation quality of that scene didn't help things either.

As for exactly how I got a hold of the OVAs, all I can say was by pure luck. I had downloaded the eps. from one of those shareware programs way back when (I think it was Streamload), but the files were without the subtitle track. Somehow I managed to find those files off of someone's site and then it took me about a day to figure out how to merge them. . . not to mention it took 2+ hrs. to download the eps. (back in the days of dial-up).

dheu
16-09-2002, 08:40 PM
Man, you lucky duck.

Although you probably deserve it: one day plus 2 hours dial-up download... that takes commitment.

dheu

EbbieMay
17-09-2002, 12:43 AM
:heh: Commitment? It was more like insomnia. Had to do something to whittle away those hours. It was well worth the wait. ;)

dheu
19-09-2002, 07:29 PM
:lol: I bet it was. I hear that the animation quality is a lot higher for the OAVs... <<..tries to keep her jealousy down..>>

On a side note... that's sounds like a good way to spend a sleepless night. :nod:

dheu