PDA

View Full Version : Federation vs Zeon

MauveVandal
16-09-2002, 01:32 PM
It is now out in stores, though I haven't played it myself there are supposedly 200+ missions including the famous battles in space like Solomon and A Baoa Qu, I look forward to owning this game.

Sergeant Wittmann
16-09-2002, 02:58 PM
So what's it supposed to be like? Hopefully like Combat Mission. What platform?

MauveVandal
16-09-2002, 06:48 PM
Its for the PS2, as for the controls and system I'm not sure myself.

DarkCode
16-09-2002, 06:49 PM
sounds like A fun game but right now my money is in the negatives.

James
16-09-2002, 10:32 PM
I'm looking forward too this game as well. Right now I'm working on "The Thing" though. I'll probably pick it up this weekend or something.

Doesn't look like it's got the squad based action of Zeonic Front. More like Journey to Jaburo. But being able to choose either side is more than worth it in my opinion.

Think I'll be the Zeon first. :D

Sieg Zeon!

Githon
17-09-2002, 10:14 PM
It's an arcade game by Capcom. It's loosely based on 3d fighting games.

That pretty much speaks for itself.

More specifically, it's got a ton of levels (I'm not sure how many, or if you can play them all in VS mode), 240 missions (120 on each side), 2 player VS mode, lets you play as Mobile Armors (Though MAs are very, very bad >_<), etc etc etc.

It's pretty good. Not as great as some people would lead you to believe, I think.

The controls are, off the top of my head:
Square: Shoot
Triangle: Melee
X: Jump/boost/whatever
O: Target
D-Pad: Movement (Tap twice to dash in that direction. No sustained dash except mid-air)
R1: Special (Cracker grenades, vulcans, heat rod, that sort of thing)
L2/R2: Both do Jump and Shoot/Melee at the same time. For a few MS it does something else that's special, like reload the RX-79 or RGM-79's machine gun, or spin the gundam's hammer, or whatever.

Judai Ikari
22-09-2002, 08:04 PM
Yea, it's a nice game. I wasn't aware that it was out until I snagged it at my state fair for $35. It's a good game, basically what I thought J2J to be and hoped ZF would be. There's nothing extravagant about it, but it's hard to put it down.

Black_Knight
22-09-2002, 10:04 PM
Damn it, 'm still waiting for a new Gundam Game for Nintendo... Sure we got all the chibi ones, but I want something were I can kick the crap out of te Trojian Horse!

James
22-09-2002, 10:13 PM
I just picked the game up today. It is pretty sweet though the targeting system takes some getting used too. Would have been nice if the right analog stick had been utilized for this, but auto lock-on with the circle buttom pretty much makes this no problem. I've only played the first few missions, but it definitely is going to be a fun game to go through.

The Sixth Child
23-09-2002, 05:35 AM
I really, rrrrrrrrrrrrrreally want this game! The fact that you can pilot different Mobile Suits appeals to me VERY much. I enjoyed J2J so I think I will like this new game. Oh yeah! Space battles! Fed. vs. Zeon has MS space battles. How great is that? That is probably the main thing that I am looking forward to it so much.

James
23-09-2002, 10:13 AM
Zeonic Front allows you to pilot different mobile suits as well. You can be pretty much be any Federation suit from the One Year War in a few of the simulator missions. So you might be interested in that one as well. I really enjoyed Zeonic Front. I'm still trying to get all S's on the simulator missions...

One thing I'm liking about Fed vs Zeon is not only can you choose your suit, but whatever weapon you've seen it use as well. Nothing like being the RX-79[G] and going into battle with a 180 mm cannon. :lol: