PDA

View Full Version : Question for you X/1999 fan girls...

Project Akira
17-10-2002, 11:46 PM
Is the manga done in Japan yet or is it still going and has it become the energizer bunny of CLAMP manga?

snowcherry
18-10-2002, 12:09 AM
Still running (though it's in the second of a two-month hiatus), but only for a volume or two more. Volume 18 was just released in September, I think. The story is definitely starting to wrap up, depressingly so at that.

It is CLAMP's big "epic", but even an epic has to end sometime. I'd say at this rate it'll end before 2004 is over, but knowing CLAMP it could be delayed and delayed until 2010 -_-

Also, rumor has it that there will be a second X artbook. Hurrah! This one should feature the new softer, cleaner (and in my opinion much more beautiful) style X has taken on since the publication of the first artbook.

Project Akira
18-10-2002, 12:10 AM
Any word if a nifty cool hardcover version will be released? *huggles his hardcover edition of zero*

snowcherry
19-10-2002, 12:45 AM
Well, like I said, it's still just rumor. I would imagine that if/when a second artbook is published, they would go hardcover if for no other reason than to have the two artbooks match.

Seventh Child
20-02-2003, 03:30 AM
I think there are going to be a total of 22 volumes of X manga. I could be wrong though, as I can't remember how many cards there are in tarot card set (The Major Arcana).

Also, even if X does wrap up, CLAMP have new title coming out this year called XXXHolic. Apparently it's going to a shounen title, though.

snowcherry
20-02-2003, 02:49 PM
Twenty-one max--there are, yes, twenty-two cards of the Major Arcana, but card 0, The Fool, is the first artbook. CLAMP loves their symmetry, hence the suspicions that card twenty-one, The World, will be a second artbook.