PDA

View Full Version : Armored Colossus Chimera RPG Application and INformation thread

Project Akira
05-11-2002, 11:28 PM
Ok this is an idea I was planning on using for a comic but since I'm having a bit of trouble doing some of the designs for it, I thought I would turn it into an RPG for the moment and see where it went. This is an RPG for people who are into Evangelion, wierd plots, and mythology. I hope that this peeks your interest in what this RPG is about ;)

Armored Colossus Chimera RPG

Plot- It is the year 2030 and Earth has come under assault by an alien race called Titans. No one knows why the Titans are attacking the planet or where they come from but the only thing that is stopping humanity from total annihilation is the series of massive biotechnological weapons called Chimeras. The Chimeras are under the authority of the global agency PANTHEON who is dedicated to stopping the Titans from fulfilling whatever mission they have which seems to be less than benevolent. However there is more that PANTHEON knows about the Titans but is not telling the public.

The goal of this series will be to save humankind and the planet from total annihilation at the hands of the Titans. This will require the use of the Chimeras to defeat whatever Titans arrive on Earth and the Operations Staff’s cunning to devise strategies for the pilots. Both operate under the directives of the PANTHEON Board of Directors who are guided by a mysterious group known only as ARK, whose only known prerogative is man’s salvation and the recruitment of Pilots but for what purpose though?

The story will be filled with political subplots, possibly romance, relationships with family, friends, and others, and a lot more themes and subplots similar to what you would see in something like Evangelion or Brain Powered. The story will progress in an episodic fashion (there will be 26 episodes) which means that even if you submit an application and it’s approved before the deadline, your character may not enter until maybe a bit later (though this only pertains to pilots, all PANTHEON Personnel will be in the story at the beginning). I’m not doing this to annoy anyone but rather to try and make this more of a role playing story if that makes sense. The vibe I want to make for the plot is Evangelion but minus the psychological baggage.

The characters for the RPG
There are three main characters types for this RPG; PANTHEON Operations Staff, PANTHEON directors, and the Chimera Pilots. There will only be 7 pilots, 10 operations members, and 5 PANTHEON directors. For the PANTHEON Operations staff, once applications are submitted I will pm you with your position. You can be two characters however they cannot be the same character classification i.e. you can’t be two Pilots but you can be a Pilot and a PANTHEON Operations Staff member.

Applications
PLEASE SEND THE PORTIONS OF THE APPLICATION MARKED “SEND VIA PRIVATE MESSENGING” THROUGH PRIVATE MESSAGING. This is due to the fact that I will be incorporating elements of the characters’ past into the plot of the series as it goes along. However I will discuss with you when I plan to use it before I do so, they are your characters you know. Also I will not accept every application that comes to me. It depends on how the character will fit into the story and if they are interesting enough. Remember try to avoid stereotypes if you can so that we don’t have to go through clichés as the story progresses i.e. I do not want any Shinjis, Squalls, Clouds, etc. Also just to remind you, if you are a pilot I will cue you as to when your character is introduced since I want to have them come on as Titans appear more and more throughout the story. Also this should be common sense but one application per character you create so if you make two characters then you’ll be submitting two applications.

Screen name:
Email:
AIM handle (if applicable):
Character Name:
Character Type:
Age (Pilots cannot be over the age of 17, PANTHEON Operations members can be any age while PANTHEON Directors must be over the age of 55)
Nationality: (Please try to vary these, I don’t want all US and Aussie pilots here ok?)
Hair Color:
Eye Color:
Height:
Weight:
Family Members: (Feel free to work out with other players family relationships or if you feel like it create to characters that are related to each other; however, you can also make family members that don’t even appear in the series if you wish)
Quote: (Give a quote that best describes your character)
Summary of your Character: (Give us three sentences about your character that will vaguely let other players know about what their personality is like, their past, and what you want to happen to them)
Brief Description of their personality: (Please PM this to me so that I can incorporate this into the plot)
The characters’ past: (Please PM this to me so that I can incorporate this into the plot)
The characters’ future: (Please PM this to me as well so that we can discuss this as best as possible and how it will fit into the plot)
Writing Sample: (I would like to see how you write so I can get an idea of how you’ll come across in the story)
Picture (Optional, though it would cool to see all the characters)

The deadline for joining
I’ll give this about two to three weeks since at the moment I’m a bit busy looking for a new job. Once I go through all the applications, then I will give everyone I accept the heads up on when to join up.

If anyone has questions please feel free to pm me about them :)

Blade R
06-11-2002, 12:46 AM
(here goes)

Screen name: Blade R

Email: D_n_T@zahadum.com

AIM handle (if applicable): Power Of Fire

Character Name: Raiga Nicole Caravitch

Character Type: Pilot

Nationality: Russian

Hair Color: Black with some thin dark green stripes

Eye Color: Storm gray-blue

Height: 5' 8"

Weight: 120 lbs

Family Members: Father: 53 years old, blond hair, storm gray eyes, 5'6" and 190 lbs. Former ground soldier, a kind man who loves a good laugh and who supports Raiga through thick and thin. Currently in Siberia.
Mother: 50 years old, black hair, dark green eyes, 6'1" and 125 lbs. High school math teacher in Siberia, a very loving mother who can be strict when she needs to be. Currently in Siberia.
Sister: 7 years old, dirty blond hair, hazel eyes, 5'0" and 82 lbs. Goes to elementary school in Siberia, cheerful, loving, but with an attituded that rivals a teenager's. Currently in Siberia.
Grandfather: 80 years old, gray hair, light green eyes, 5'5" and 160 lbs. Retired, very strict and serious. He thinks that Raiga is fooolish for being a pilot and doesn't talk to her much at all. Currently in Ireland.

Quote: "I'm life for these people...if I ever give up, they could die. I'm not willing to take that risk."

Summary of your Character: Raiga is a dreamer, a fighter, and a defender who will not stop once she sets her mind to something, but who loves to laugh whenever she can. Her past is riddled with the deaths of many of her family, some accidents, some attacks. She dreams of creating a future that is free of the Titans.

Writing Sample: See RPG's: Lumina, Dragon Slayers vs Lady Dragon slayers, As Deadly As Nightshade, and Not Another Martial Artist! Play thread. (I can send samples form other sites if you need me to)

Picture : coming soon (if I get in)

Guildenstern
06-11-2002, 10:49 AM
Screen Name: Guildenstern
Email: Cain@netrox.net
AIM Handle: BaneofFresno

Character Name: Adrian Balkan
Character Type: PANTHEON Director

Nationality: Anglo-American
Hair Color: Red with gray at the temples
Eye Color: Green or Blue, depending on the weather
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 225 lbs.

Family:
Xuxa Valencia-Balkan: Age 53, deceased
Christopher Balkan: Age 30, estranged oldest child, a dentist unafilliated with PANTHEON.
Vanessa Balkan: Age 23, Child Psychologist, sometimes does consultant work for PANTHEON.
?: There is one spot open for someone who wants to play Balkan's youngest child, would likely be a pilot.

Quote: "Thank you for your opinion, I'll let you know when it matters."

Basic Summary: With his icy cold exterior and sardonic attitude Adrian has been know to make those under him break down in tears. Upon observation he seems overly critical but will openly praise those he believes have done well. He stresses the importance of every position with PANTHEON. He is both (and often at the same time), a caring and imposing leader. Nobody besides the other directors is familiar with Balkan's past, even his family has been left in the dark.
As for the future? Who knows what may happen? Balkan has a great wealth of secret knowledge that while currently unwilling, could be shared at some point. He might become friendlier or more withdrawn depending on those around him...

Writing Sample: I hope you don't mind my laziness but I don't feel like writing a sample now, however a look at the following RPG's will demonstrate my skills (or lack thereof):

As Deadly As Nightshade
The Elystra Chronicles

I also play a number of RPG's at: Mysteryandmagic.com including Prodigy where I am leading a major storyline.

SSJfemme
06-11-2002, 06:33 PM
Screen name: SSJfemme
Email: Nerverack@hotmail.com
AIM handle: SSJfemme

Character Name: Rozalija Ines

Character Type: Research and Development Director

Nationality: Croatian

Hair Color: Strawberry Blonde

Eye Color: Hazel

Height: 5’6

Weight: 130 lbs.

Family Members:
Mother: Neda Ines – A 56-year-old woman with a clever mind and mature interests. A retired book store owner, now a homemaker, Neda tends to family matters along with personal ones.
Father: Vlado Ines – Possessive and jealous even at the age of 61,Vlado seems to have never grown up. Creative and inspired by beauty in many forms, Rozalija’s father is a well-known painter and sculptor in and around the large city of Sisak, Croatia.

Quote: Money speaks sense in a language that all nations understand.

Summary of your Character: A woman not interested in theory or philosophical musings, Rozalinja is a creature of technology and money. To her, they are the symbols of everything that is necessary for man’s well being and happiness; both mean freedom, independence, and liberty.

Picture: Credit goes to Dragos StanCulescu

SSJfemme
06-11-2002, 06:35 PM
Wow, damn attachments! If this doesn't work, I'm going to scream muchly. =p

Project Akira
07-11-2002, 11:29 AM
Well everyone who has applied so far you've been accepted :) Check your PM boxes for information regarding your characters and the story ^_^

Also to let everyone know, only the pilots will be delayed on their entries into the plot while the operational staff and directors are invloved from episode one unless I think that it might be better to have them come in later. I'll put my application up later today so that you have an idea on who I'll be :)

Dmitri
09-11-2002, 07:08 PM
yay! my second application for an RPG!
Screen Name: Dmitri
Email: Sparksj311@cs.com
AIM handle: (i dont have one, i think...)

Character Name: Torc J. Elrodin VII

Character type: pilot

Nationality: Irish ( or, more specific, Celtic)

Hair color: dirty blond

Eye color: dark green

Height: 5'9"

weight: 153 Lb.

Family: Torc J. Elrodin VI : (Deceased at age 24. Died of "natural causes")
Caitlin L. Elrodin: age, 52. A quiet, lonely widow, she slowly became "detached" from her son. She would rarely talk to him, cook meals for him, or even hug him.

quote: "...Why do something that'll get me killed? Because I can."

Character summary: A rather self suffiecent young man, he perfers to live alone, and take risks that others would think to be crazy. He's open to most people, particularly those older then himself. His take on being a pilot is that its a "responsability" that should be taken seriously and efficiantly.

Writing sample: I havent been RPGing for very long so I only have on thread for you to check: Not Another Martial Artist.

Pic:...umm....maybe. I dont exactly have a scanner right now.

Project Akira
09-11-2002, 11:59 PM
Screen name: Project Akira
Email: dmorris@msdnplanet.com
AIM handle: None

Character Name: Erik Garrison

Character Type: Pilot

Nationality: United States

Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Brown

Height: 6’1

Weight: 180 lbs

Family Members:
Chief Director Henry Garrison; Father, 49, Director of Field Operations for PANTHEON
Dr. Cynthia Garrison; Mother, 45, Former Research Scientist for PANTHEON, now head of biotech development at
Samantha Garrison; died at age 17 in 2022 from drowning

Quote: “If I’m to be defined by anything, let me defined by my actions not my character”

Summary of your Character: A boy bound to the duty of saving mankind since birth, Erik is a lad who feels the crisis at hand is his to bear alone. Erik works not for himself but for PANTHEON and their purposes. He has no personality and identity of his own but does that mean he can’t stop living?

I have one other character that I'll be putting up sometime soon that will be a PANTHEON Operative

Dmitri
10-11-2002, 10:11 PM
Just a question... where is the story to take place?

Project Akira
10-11-2002, 10:51 PM
Various places around the world though if anything I'll be making the PANTHEON International Headquarters in Chicago which if you anything about weapon development you'll see the significance of that city.

Dmitri
10-11-2002, 10:56 PM
ahh... so the Chimera's move from place to place, depending on where the Titans strike, unlike Eva, wich was central to Tokyo III? cool! Even if I dont get into this RPG, I'm gonna read it daily. Which reminds me... did you get my app? <points at app>

Project Akira
10-11-2002, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I thought that would there would be a bit more tension if the Titans attacked on a global scale. Also it would be a more sensible way to introduce the characters that way than having them move from their respective countries. However there's a secondary reason that I chose to have it more global centric which will become apparent as the RPG progresses.

Dmitri
10-11-2002, 11:02 PM
<nod> okay! did you get a chance to read my app?

Blade R
11-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Just chill Dmitri. You'll get your answer soon enough. Don't pester the creator of the RPG. *looks around* I learned that the hard way...

Dmitri
11-11-2002, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Blade R
Just chill Dmitri. You'll get your answer soon enough. Don't pester the creator of the RPG. *looks around* I learned that the hard way...

...okay...

Project Akira
17-11-2002, 09:21 PM
Come on you RPG addicts join up! This RPG is saying "JOIN ME" if it could speak that is ^^;;;

Project Akira
17-11-2002, 10:32 PM
Ok since this isn't getting much success here, I've decided to advertise on other boards to go here (http://pub46.ezboard.com/bacchimerarpg) where the RPG will start. Feel free to get friends or other individuals to join up on this RPG so it can get going and moving. If you despise ezbaord don't worry, this is only temporary until an ikonboard can get up and running. This means that I'll mainly be takling registrations until I can get the ikonboard going. However if I continue to have trouble with ikonboard this may be the permanent home unfortunately ^^;;;

-EDIT- Anyone who has entered to this date is accepted and will not have to reapply if they choose to go to the offboard message board for this RPG

Lt Zechs
18-11-2002, 08:58 AM
Is it too late for a new entry?

Project Akira
18-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Nope just go to the board that I put the link up to because that's where I'll be accepting applications from now on :)

Lt Zechs
19-11-2002, 09:44 AM
Ah ok well thanks, Ill submit an application then.
Is there any chance the RPG will be returning to Animeboards though?

Project Akira
19-11-2002, 11:24 AM
Unless a pleathora of people sign up or ask questions about the RPG in this thread in the next week, I highly doubt it.