PDA

View Full Version : RahXephon...manga

DistMan
09-11-2002, 12:28 PM
YES! I got my hands on the precious first chapter..

Ok.to be honest..I heard about a RahXephon manga being made a while ago but forgot about it.. BUT the other day when i was going through an...lets call it an archive I found RahXephon, first chapter.

I've read it now and I can only say. I want more..more NOW!

First i though that this would be something like a recap of the story. But If we are to compare Rah with NGE as a lot of people do it seems, I'll have to say that this RahXephon manga is pretty much like the later NGE Books in the sence that there are A LOT of differences but the basic story line is there like in the NGE mangas aswell but things are changed a lot here and there.

I'm gonne tell you a couple of things and I don't consider this spoiling:

0. The character design is somewhat different.

1. Reika is a helluvalot closer to Ayato....They've been living togheter at his house for 10 years. Ayato thinks of Reika as a sister at this time...

2. We get to see that Reika really is inlove with him. Hey they've even got a LLIiiiiiittlee tiiinnyy bit of fanservice there you know :b

*minispoiler follows:*

3. Haruka shows up and takes BOTH Ayato and Reika to the egg of Xephon

I want more of this and I can't wait for the English release of the first book...

Westlo
21-01-2003, 05:06 PM
How many chapters of this have been released over IRC?

And also any idea of homw many Manga Volumes were released in japan and if it is finished or still running.

DistMan
22-01-2003, 11:44 AM
the 2:nd chapter was relased a while ago. i dont know if the third one is released yet. It seems like they are very slow.

I do not know how many volumes there are supposed to be or how many that has been released tho... :/

Westlo
22-01-2003, 12:14 PM
Okay I'll try and find out for ya since you don't know and I want to know as well.

Westlo
23-01-2003, 02:15 AM
3 volumes so far and no idea if it's stopped is the answer i got.

Thread here - http://forums.animeondvd.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=24&topic_id=8442

death
24-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Bah... Still only got the first chap.... Must go find second!

MDWigs
24-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Having read the second chapter, I canít help but be reminded of certain scenes in the first episode of Eva when Shinji is confronted by Eva-01 and asked to pilot it.

Shinji: I've never even seen anything like this before. There's no way I can do this.

Ayato: I've never even seen it before. How can you expect me to pilot it?

I liked that scene in Eva and I liked it in Rah as well. The whole second chapter was rather compelling, though some parts (particularly where it deviated from the original plot with respect to Reika) I didn't care for.

Spoilers:

They have left Tokyo Jupiter now. I eagerly await seeing what happens next.

*Disclaimer*
I do not contend that RahXephon is a "rip-off" of Eva in any way shape or form. I merely admit the truth that very few things are original in the anime world (or any form of media for that matter) and as such realise that similarities between shows is to be expected.

DistMan
26-01-2003, 01:17 PM
And so the 2:nd chapter was spoiled for me :rolleyes:

Hmm..I wish these dudes could release the Rah manga more quickly

MDWigs
26-01-2003, 09:10 PM
Woops, sorry about that. I completely forgot about a spoiler warning.

death
10-02-2003, 08:24 PM
Never mind...

YOu got it there now.