PDA

View Full Version : The sustainable popularity of Love Hina?

Marius
08-12-2002, 08:22 AM
Just how long can Love Hina stay popular?

I found myself re-reading the last volume of the manga today and at the same time getting really disappointed that the anime didn't finish the same way. A few weeks ago Love Hina would've made it into my top 5 but now, it's struggling to stay in my top 10. I put this down to the fact that when it comes down to it, there's not much to really talk about with Love Hina.

I'll still be a fan forever though. The show had it's moments. What do you guys think?

orochi X
08-12-2002, 07:48 PM
True there isnt really much discussion going on about Love Hina besides how hot the girls are or how you hate this girl.

Ill still be a fan of Love Hina, I really like ths lapstick romantic comedy, its still a good watch when you need something funny.

And they are only up to the 3rd DVD here in Aus so I guess it still will be popular

The Captain
09-12-2002, 12:50 AM
Yeah, Love Hina is kinda shallow and predictable. The anime never really grabbed my interest for long, but the manga still remains one of my favorites. There's something that makes me want to read about the denizens of Hinata Sou forever. Or maybe just Motoko :lol: I wouldn't mind some spinoff mangas...

DNA_Master
09-12-2002, 07:20 AM
The mangas really do save the day... more details pop up every time I read em.

But the TV-series is good to watch about once or twice a year. Thing is, I'm watching a few other similar animes (mostly Chobits) and Chobits has bumped LH off the top of my list of favorite anime.

but its still something that will keep its interest for many years to come.

Wolfpac
09-12-2002, 09:32 AM
Well since I'm still watching it the first time through, I'm still loving the series. Even if it's already annoying how many times Naru and Keitaro should have at least kissed or told each other that they like each other, but haven't. That is one thing that I liked about Oh! My Goddess, they got it over and done with in the first episode and yet it's still good. But I suppose it's only a 5 episode series, so they had to get it out of the way, but still.

Westlo
09-12-2002, 09:50 AM
Well if anyone remembers that Animeboards top 100 thread in the general anime forum Love Hina was in my #2 spot to Cowboy Bebop at that time.

Right now it would be lucky to be in the top 20.

MagicKnight1
10-12-2002, 01:53 PM
I only saw up to episode 16 and that's as far as I went with the series.......

I do plan in watching the rest of the series though and plan to move on the the manga... which I heard explains what the series never does... and that is who Keitaro made his promise to when he was young

***SPOILER***

I actaully know who he made the promise to.... without reading the Manga and that is Mutsumi

***SPOILER***

WelsperTheCat
10-12-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by The Captain
There's something that makes me want to read about the denizens of Hinata Sou forever. Or maybe just Motoko :lol:
IMO, the re-read value is entirely Motoko. :D

cloakactive
10-12-2002, 04:15 PM
I think the name of this thread should be renamed to the sustainable popularity of Motoko. I swear, does everyone eventually convert over to being a Motoko fan?

The Captain
10-12-2002, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by cloakactive
I think the name of this thread should be renamed to the sustainable popularity of Motoko. I swear, does everyone eventually convert over to being a Motoko fan?

What everyone's not a Motoko fan already? They should be since Motoko's charm is irresistable, for a 2-D character. :lol: I think I like all the tall, silent, strong types with a hidden cute side anyway (i.e. Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh). Anyways, if people don't convert, they'll feel my Kikkopunch!

black_angel
11-12-2002, 12:26 AM
wow so you got some super long streachy arm or something?

Marius
11-12-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by cloakactive

Motoko? Pfft. Even though she made a breif appearence, adult Shinobu is my favourite

After Seta that is :D

Linna32
11-12-2002, 05:33 AM
bah!!! SU and MITSUNE

heh well i enjoyed the manga heaps hehe was a great perv :naughty:

UNITMK1
11-12-2002, 06:52 PM
The reason pple continue watching te series is for obvious reasons (the girls are hot and run around a lot *cough*) and the fact that its kind of random.

:D

Wolfpac
11-12-2002, 07:04 PM
First off, which one is Motoko. Sorry, but I haven't learn't all of the names yet.
Originally posted by UNITMK1
The reason pple continue watching te series is for obvious reasons (the girls are hot and run around a lot *cough*) and the fact that its kind of random.Now I disagree on this one. If I wanted to watch hot Anime Girls then, I'd watch some Hentai or something. But I think I watch this series because it a good comedy, and you don't have to think too much about it. If the roles were reversed, I would have no doubt that I would still watch it. I suppose there are a lot of people out there who prefer "Anime Babes" to real woman, but I watch Anime to be entertained, not to have a Perv.

The Captain
11-12-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by black_angel
wow so you got some super long streachy arm or something?

This link explains all...

http://yoga.tripod.co.jp/flash/kikkomaso_e.htm

black_angel
11-12-2002, 11:30 PM
ACK!!!*sits in corner rocking back and forth* must only use soy sauce or kikoman will hurt me............

Linna32
12-12-2002, 02:46 AM
love hina girls are cuties, but are nothing compared to utena, sure they are cute and nakkie half the time lol in the manga its more like 2/3 of the time hehehe :o

WelsperTheCat
12-12-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Wolfpac
First off, which one is Motoko.
The tall kendo girl. She has long black hair worn in a traditional style.

Night Sabre 2040
15-12-2002, 08:40 AM
heheh sept wen she changes outfit hahah, subs rule!!!!,

mmk anyone noticed that keitarou isnt human, the way he bounces off the walls kinda looks like fun "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE":p

luv hina is a great romantic comedy wen u need sumthing to cheer u up! :)

Linna32
16-12-2002, 12:42 AM
can get on your nerves at times though cant it? especially when naru over-punches him

The Captain
16-12-2002, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Linna32
can get on your nerves at times though cant it? especially when naru over-punches him

Yeah sometimes. Sometimes when I read the manga, I wish did they a side story where all the girls are involved in a deathmatch a la Battle Royale style. I think it'd be pretty cool just to see Naru get her ass kicked...

Shax
16-12-2002, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by The Captain
Yeah sometimes. Sometimes when I read the manga, I wish did they a side story where all the girls are involved in a deathmatch a la Battle Royale style. I think it'd be pretty cool just to see Naru get her ass kicked...

She did got her ass kick by Kanako :p :D