PDA

View Full Version : new X TV series?

Rupertmetal
30-12-2002, 09:30 PM
I think the X TV series is way better than the movie. I've only got the first two dvds, but that is enough for me to decide to get the other six when they come out in America. It reminds me of a greek tradegy. What does anybody else think about it?

Fatal Outlaw
30-12-2002, 09:53 PM
its great, its one of my favorite series'. sure, get the rest of the dvd's, why would you stop in the middle?

i recomend getting the manga, if you want to experience the story the way CLAMP intended it to be (rather, the way X is supposed to be!).

takaru
30-12-2002, 11:40 PM
I just love X/1999. The ending of the movie seemed rushed. Some guy I was talking to about it just LOOOOOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEED the movie though. He didn't really seem to know a whole lot of anime..other than DBZ or whatever. The manga is awesome. I downloaded the rest of the manga online and the part where so and so and so and so dies on a ______ just made me bawl my eyes out. There I was sitting in front of my computer at 4 in the morning because I couldn't sleep, grabbing tissues to wipe my bawling eyes. Oh Clamp, why do you have to do that! I hear that they are coming out with a new manga too, thanks to TokyoPop. I wish TokyoPop's magazine was still out...::wanders off::

Oh yeah, and Subaru and Seishirou, when they smoke those cigarettes, it makes me swoon. Mm.

Fatal Outlaw
31-12-2002, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by takaru

Oh yeah, and Subaru and Seishirou, when they smoke those cigarettes, it makes me swoon. Mm.

heh, i do too.

AND IM A GUY.

snowcherry
31-12-2002, 02:11 AM
That's because they have the patented Sakurazukamori Aura of Cool™.
You too can buy your own Sakurazukamori Aura of Cool™ for the low price of ¥125000 (plus shipping and handling, no COD's)! Comes complete with Gentle Breeze (with optional Sakura Petals), Rippling Trenchcoat, Glass Eyeball, and "Mild 7" Cigarettes. But wait, there's more! Act now and as a special bonus, you'll also receive a limited edition pack of Ofuda!

I need sleep.

Project Akira
31-12-2002, 10:44 AM
Um could someone give me a rate of exchange for yen to dollars, I think I could use that Sakurazukamori Aura of Cool™ myself

damn I'm getting desperate -_-

takaru
31-12-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Fatal Outlaw
heh, i do too.

AND IM A GUY.

How can you not like it? They are just so damn hot.

Svietnam
01-01-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by snowcherry
That's because they have the patented Sakurazukamori Aura of Cool™.
You too can buy your own Sakurazukamori Aura of Cool™ for the low price of ¥125000 (plus shipping and handling, no COD's)! Comes complete with Gentle Breeze (with optional Sakura Petals), Rippling Trenchcoat, Glass Eyeball, and "Mild 7" Cigarettes. But wait, there's more! Act now and as a special bonus, you'll also receive a limited edition pack of Ofuda!

I need sleep.

:lol:

mistress bunny
01-01-2003, 09:46 AM
I watched the X movie and didn't like it at all. I felt it lacked many things. But then I picked up the first volume last month (01/12) & my views were changed. The series is a winner.

I loved the preview (Episode 0). I was so amazed with it (of what was to come in the proceeding 24 episodes).

also picked up volume 2 yesterday (31/12) Bloody Awesome for Clamp's darkest series!

I've got the box and I will definately fill it!!

Rupertmetal
01-01-2003, 07:57 PM
I don't care about the two guys with the cigarettes, but the chick that can make a sword pop out of her hand is beautiful in my opinion.

Possible Spoiler.

That guy that decided to die for her made a good choice.

takaru
01-01-2003, 09:38 PM
Arashi is really hot. Mmm. And I agree, he did make a good choice. ^_~

heerogf
21-01-2003, 05:24 PM
x is one of my fave tv series! my fave character is prolly aoki ^_^

oppa
24-01-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Project Akira
Um could someone give me a rate of exchange for yen to dollars, I think I could use that Sakurazukamori Aura of Cool™ myself

damn I'm getting desperate -_-

100 YEN = 0.846695 USD or 1 USD = 118.106 YEN

Hmm... I'm now getting a feeling that you weren't being serious. Bah, too late. For future reference:

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

In case you ever have a need to know the exchange rate between any countries.

Makoto Hyuga
29-01-2003, 01:40 PM
X was/is the very first CLAMP work I have gotten into. It's got so many good qualities that make it great. Great artwork, deep character development, a human show. As the first post said, it resembles a Greek tragedy. The Episode 0 is interesting and despite the fact that it's full of spoilers, it's interesting to see the characters and how they go to that point. I'm waiting for Best Buy to get X:3 in so I can continue watching the series, but they haven't gotten it yet. :( Every character, whether he/she is a Dragon of Earth or Dragon of Heaven, has their own personal reason for choosing their side.