PDA

View Full Version : dub?

Zaphikel
14-01-2003, 10:11 AM
Where I live they only sell the ROLW dub :mad:.
Is it good enough to buy or should I try to find the subbed version?

EVA fiend
14-01-2003, 05:35 PM
I have to say that I couldn't watch the first episode dubbed at all..., you can only buy the dubbed version in the UK, & one of my mates bought it...,
I thought the dub was poor..., I didn't like it at all.., but, I am biased because I had already seen the series subbed..., & you can't help but compare the dub with the sub...,
If you haven't seen the series at all.., you may not find the dub as bad as I did...,

Black_Knight
16-01-2003, 09:44 PM
I thought it was done well... It was really a kicker with the second part...

Sigurd Fatima
23-01-2003, 06:03 PM
It was alright I think, but I've never seen the sub, but I can tell a good dub from a bad one and this one was alright... I won't necessarily go for good or bad because I need to hear their voices again. :heh: So basically there are mixed feelings towards it, it isn't great, but it isn't bad either. That help? :lol:

Peace. V

Drizzten
24-01-2003, 01:10 AM
I've only seen and heard the OVA, but the English version is better than most English versions that I've experienced. You can tell a few times where the same voice actor does two or three different voices, but they are usually done well enough to write off. Etoh's voice is my biggest complaint...he sounds like a limp-wristed fluffer suffering from Michael Jackson's voice. It's just too wimpy, even for a bookish cleric.

Parn's is good. Strong when it has to be and has enough range to get by most of the time. Deedlit's is very good and fits her well. Ashram's is awesome, probably my favorite in the series. Beld's is suitably evil. Fahn's is good. Woodchuck's is too weasly thief-like, but tolerable. Kashue's works well, very commanding. Ghim's is actually better than the Japanese VA; very gutteral and stony. Wagnard has a great evil tyrant laugh that, for once in a bad guy, never got old. Slayn's sounds fine and it's easy to visualize his voice as belonging to a benevolent magician. Karla/Leylia was convincing enough.