PDA

View Full Version : RahXephon Movie OST Info

Westlo
22-01-2003, 12:59 PM
Information on another OST from the helpful wolve from AOD's forums. Link to the thread - http://forums.animeondvd.com/dcboard.php

The official Japanese Rahxephon site (www.rahxephon.com/movie/index.html) has been updated w/ info on the movie OST and new theme song by Maaya. The theme song single will be released in two versions. It will be released by itself and also bundled w/ a ticket to see the movie in Japan. Here's details on all the cds.

Rahxephon Tagen Hensoukyoku Theme Song
Catalog #: VICL-35472
Release Date: 4/02
Price: 1,000

Rahxephon Tagen Hensoukyoku Theme Song (w/ movie ticket)
Catalog #: VICL-35483
Release Date: 4/02
Price: 2,100

Rahxephon Tagen Hensoukyoku OST
Catalog #: VICL-61105
Release Date: 4/23
Price: 3,045

CD Japan lists all these cds up for preorder.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VICL-61105

No one knows if Yoko Kanno will be featuring on this OST, but since she usually works with Maaya on everything she does....she should be on one song which will be the theme.

death
24-01-2003, 12:23 AM
Handy! Thanks Weslo..

Now if only i coud get to japan for the ticket...

Westlo
30-04-2003, 03:04 AM
More info on the Movie OST thanks to Animenation poster Ishibi, Link to thread (http://animenation.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92050).

Hey guys,

Just got the new Rahxephon: Pluralitas Concentio (Movie OST) a few days back, it was released 4/23. So here's some basic info:

Rahxephon: Pluralitas Concentio O.S.T.
Composed by Ichiko Hashimot

1. yesterday, today
2. opening title
3. sleeping beauty
4. lost memories
5. tenderness
6. fatal request
7. her decision
8. loud conductor
9. wods at abyss
10. deja vu
11. promised world
12. tune the rainbow*
13. yume no tamago
14. <Japanese text, ?>
15. l'aile
16. melancholia
17. un reve
18. la, la maladie du sommeil
19. brave
20. <Hemisphere>*
21. <Yume no Tamago>

*Composed by Yoko Kanno

Basically, tracks 1 through 12 are new (with "tune the rainbow" as Maaya Sakamoto's newest single, very sweet melodies) with everything after a collection of different tracks from the original first three OSTs. So if you've either got all the legit OSTs and are hardcore, go for it. If you don't have any but like Hashimoto's work, go for it, too. Ah, it's like Escaflowne's "For Lovers Only" OST, as it was also #4.

The tone's usually calm through the disc, some tracks show it's evident that it's a movie (and not a simple series) soundtrack. But I'll leave you to be the judge of that. There's a recurring melody throughout the CD that is very Hashimoto, which sometimes remind me of my second-favorite track in Rahxephon, "door to adolescence" (right behind Hemisphere, of course).

So yeah, it's a worthwhile purchase who enjoys the series and music enough to buy any of their DVDs. Maaya Sakamoto's another reason, too.

Let me know if you've checked it out, and if you've any curiousities about this CD! Happy listening

Like I thought Maaya and Kanno teamed up again (that was a given), I'll probably have this within a week or so.

Sheex, The Dark Stalker
01-05-2003, 12:49 AM
Tracks 16 and 17 aren't on any of the 3 series OSTs, so here's hoping there 2 of the dozens that were horrifically left out. I'm excited for the new OST, but quite dissappointed that best case scenario there'll only be a couple of songs left off the series OST on this one.

Westlo
01-05-2003, 02:52 AM
And 14 could also possibly be a track not on the osts, since we don't know the name for it yet. Though if you wanted to find out what it is I guess we can log onto An and just ask Ishibi.

Quick question about the series OST Sheex. Does it have the song which plays during the part where Ayato is talking to Quon and she reveals she's also a mulian? And if so which OST and track is that.

Sheex, The Dark Stalker
05-05-2003, 03:20 PM
I'm pretty sure its 'The Door of Adolescence' from the third OST.

Westlo
23-05-2003, 03:59 AM
Yeah that was the track I was after, I've wanted to hear that song since hearing it used in the show, I agree with Ishibi about it being the second best song in RahXephon TV after Hemisphere.

And Maaya Sakamoto and Yoko Kanno's "Tune The Rainbow" is a great tune, can't wait to see it used within the RahXephon movie. It's not as good as the Escaflowne Movie ending theme Yubiwa, though it's not that far from it's level imo.

Sheex did you get/download the entire Tune The Rainbow single? Was the other tracks on it any good, I heard the one with Steve Conte (Bebop, Wolf's Rain) and Maaya was pretty good. If it's as good as the other track on the Hemisphere single (can't remember the name but it was a nice song) i'll get it if I can find it.

MDWigs
23-05-2003, 04:34 AM
The Steve Conte one, "The Garden of Everything", was actually really good. It's a take of one of the main tunes of the show (can't remember its name off the top of my head) and they do the duet really well.

The Hemisphere version on the single is really good as well, almost a Capella.