PDA

View Full Version : Mysteries of .hack//sign (spoilers I guess)

Clarabel
26-01-2003, 08:17 PM
1) what is that thing at the start of episode 1 and the end of the episode 26? Looks like a mobile phone from a low angle. But thats just stupid right? Or is it.

2) just what is really going on with the people who get put into coma's while playing "the world". Tsukasa's real body is on a hospital bed. So how is he interacting in the world, and when something bad happens to her in the real world it effects her in the game and vice versa. How is this possible. Is there some kind of supernatural force here? If so im fine with that, just wish it was made clear, or is there a scientific reason?

Is the tsukasa in the game even her, or just a contruct from his personality. Maybe her dying in "the world" causing her vital signs to fluctuate in the real world was just a red herring, two unconnected scenes next to each other to make it look like they were.

3) who is morgana, why is she so nasty and why does causing tsukasa grief somehow get her what she wants. She's more than just a sadist, there is one part in one of the later episodes where she seems to extract data from tsukasa contruct, then no more is said about it.

4) who or what was maho? A person or a AI?

5) The last episode where tsukasa wakes up and runs to Subaru. As they are just about to touch each other the world turns into hexagons, just like a room they were in not so long ago. Now was this just a stylish way to end the series or did it mean they were still in the game. Morgana is known for manipulation and maybe she just wants tsukasa to think she's woken up.

now I realise no one can possibly have any 100% true answers for these as the show was purposly abstract but I want to know what others think about the events in the series. Do the games explain any of this more? I dont have the games and I dont think I ever will. DOnt have a ps2 and i'm not willing to buy one just for .hack.

Fatal Outlaw
26-01-2003, 10:55 PM
id just like to say, they explain the .hack universe more in the game, more on Morgana, more on Aura, more on the AI's etc etc. theres A LOT of reasons to get a PS2 other than .hack (FFX for example).

anyhow, i'll try to answer what i know (becuase i havent played the games yet, but i will soon when it comes out in 2 weeks)

1) what is that thing at the start of episode 1 and the end of the episode 26? Looks like a mobile phone from a low angle. But thats just stupid right? Or is it.

are you talking about the chest Tsukasa opens up in episode 1? if so, it's the Rune of the Twilight

2) just what is really going on with the people who get put into coma's while playing "the world". Tsukasa's real body is on a hospital bed. So how is he interacting in the world, and when something bad happens to her in the real world it effects her in the game and vice versa. How is this possible. Is there some kind of supernatural force here? If so im fine with that, just wish it was made clear, or is there a scientific reason?

her consiousness is stuck in the game, thats how Tsukasa interacts within the world. and becuase its just her consiousness in the game, nothing happens to her real life body in the real world. but if something happens to her in the real world, it affects her in the game.

as for the people who get put into comas, they either got attacked by an AI, or they got data drained, like Sora was in the end.

3) who is morgana, why is she so nasty and why does causing tsukasa grief somehow get her what she wants. She's more than just a sadist, there is one part in one of the later episodes where she seems to extract data from tsukasa contruct, then no more is said about it.

thats becuase when Tsukasa feels grief, its prohibiting Aura to wake up, and thats what Morgana is doing, she does not want Aura to wake up. im kinda edgy about this, im in the process of re-watching the series, so i might have a better answer later on :heh:

4) who or what was maho? A person or a AI?

Maho is a non-playable character created by Morgana

5) The last episode where tsukasa wakes up and runs to Subaru. As they are just about to touch each other the world turns into hexagons, just like a room they were in not so long ago. Now was this just a stylish way to end the series or did it mean they were still in the game. Morgana is known for manipulation and maybe she just wants tsukasa to think she's woken up.

nope, they're back in the real world. they just do it for style, and to indicate that the story continues to the games.

as i mentioned before, the only way to understand all of .hack is to watch SIGN, play the 4 games and watch the second series. if you dont wanna play the games, then i guess you can just skip the games and watch the second aniem series, .hack//DUSK

Clarabel
28-01-2003, 09:03 PM
ok thanks, im not so against buying a ps2 as I said I was, I've always wanted to play the gundam games so there is one other reason to get one

as for my first question im on about the big monolith thing at the very start of the first episode, in the sand. It has a screen.

also I know that tsukasa's consiousness is in the game but how does it happen? What kind of technology lets morgana do that?

Fatal Outlaw
28-01-2003, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Clarabel
also I know that tsukasa's consiousness is in the game but how does it happen? What kind of technology lets morgana do that?

she probably has some...weird supernatural power, that i dont know about since i have not played the games yet. but i do know this, Aura gives Kite (and Shugo later in .hack//DUSK) the Twilight Bracelet that enables him to Data Drain, when you get Data Drained, you fall unconcious in the real world (like what happened to Sora in the end), so my guess is Morgana has the same type of power.

Agent X9
30-01-2003, 04:44 PM
If Maha was created by Morgana, then how does he have the ability to disobey her?

first post :o

Fatal Outlaw
30-01-2003, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Agent X9
If Maha was created by Morgana, then how does he have the ability to disobey her?

first post :o

she just made him. Maha (or Maho) has his own will.

iwakura
07-02-2003, 08:14 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fatal Outlaw
as for the people who get put into comas, they either got attacked by an AI, or they got data drained, like Sora was in the end.

That really was a stupid move at the end by Sora. :lol:

re: the ending

nope, they're back in the real world. they just do it for style, and to indicate that the story continues to the games.

This wasn't very clear from the series. I was wondering if evil had won and their meeting was in some sort of simulated environment.

You know, if I was them, I'd be too scared to ever go back to that game...

iwakura
07-02-2003, 08:18 PM
Another question:

There appear to be three primary forces in the game.
(1) It looks like the old man was something left from the author of the game.

(2) Then there was the sleeping daughter

(3) Then there was the evil Morgana, was this the mother? And what was her origin?

Fatal Outlaw
08-02-2003, 04:01 PM
(1) It looks like the old man was something left from the author of the game.

the guy is Harold Hyuek, aka the Broken Man, he's the original programemr of the game

anyhow, thats all i know, i do know that they answer all this in the games which i will be playing when it comes out next week :)

AchtungAffen
08-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Morgana? I don't remember hearing that name throughout the series. Where did you get it?

Fatal Outlaw
08-02-2003, 11:28 PM
Morgana? I don't remember hearing that name throughout the series. Where did you get it?

in the game, i played the demo. also, they never mention her name in the anime, but it lists her as Morgana in the end credits.

iwakura
09-02-2003, 01:32 PM
This is a nice compliated series. If I was big into gaming it would be my favorite :)