PDA

View Full Version : X the Movie (possible spoilers)

Makoto Hyuga
08-02-2003, 07:35 PM
I just finished watching the movie and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The plot was pretty easy to follow due to the fact that I've now seen 1/3 of the TV series. The only real problem I thought was three areas. One, the fact that Subaru is introduced and killed so quickly is a bit rushed. Two, What was the deal with Fuma "My name is Kamui" Monou? Why does he kill half the Dragon's of Earth? Three, what is with the dub? Maybe it's because the dub for the TV series is exceptional, but the voices didn't really do it for me. Maybe another viewing would help.

Other than that, it was pretty good. You just have to know the manga and/or the TV series to get a better understanding.

snowcherry
08-02-2003, 08:38 PM
UGH! The dub! I swear I turned eleven shades of green listening to that dub. The pronunciations were atrocious, and Manly Nataku scared me. That was so very wrong.

The reason for so much death and so little, uhm, anything else is because Rintaro supposedly set out to make a "fighting movie" out of X. I'm of the opinion that he failed and made a very large disaster instead, but I seem to be in the minority. Heh.

Anyway, it's still not as bad as the Tokyo Babylon OVA and its respective dub. That's true horror. It's almost as if all parties involved in the production--excluding the character designer, she did a fine job--tried to make it as little like the manga as possible.