PDA

View Full Version : I guess it's because this forum is so slow

ParticleEffect
01-04-2003, 06:23 AM
And Initial D is about my favorite series. And I am a "car person".

I think it'd be cool for this room to grow somewhat into AB's car chat where people talk about their stuff, event's coming up, and ask car q's -right along with Initial D. The hand full of us can only talk about Initial D for so long unless they come out with some more, and then again, only so long, but most of us seem to be relativly into cars themselves, and the greatness that is wasting fuel and money on moving ourselves around for the sheer joy of it.

A while back I made a long ass post about my car, which crashed when I went to post. So that won't happen again for a while, but anyways: cars, driving, the man keeping us down because of idiots.

-Just thinking outloud.

akaflakes
01-04-2003, 07:01 AM
I here ya P. But whos gonna post about there cars? Do you want to here bout my 85 Nissan 720 ext cab? with its oh so powerful z24 engine that is actually in great shape. But there is a nasty vacuum leak somewhere in the engine bay that causes it to stall out. couldnt find where it was so I turned up the Idle and now the truck idles aroun 2750 rpms. This in turn is burning up the clutch. If I just dump the clutch then I lite up my tyres. And right now I have no lights or heat or radio. yeah for me. There ya go thats my truck. Ill talk about it again after I finish my ka24det swap and put on the new suspension.

BTW whats you fav import P? Domestic?

Steathassasn
01-04-2003, 03:51 PM
well...guess i should talk about my car too since..a..its kinda related to inital d ... i mean my dad is "bunta" after all he can fix just about any problem with any car that was made before EFI XD

anyway..i have a 82/83 rs camaro thats awfully slow...but its a v6 so eh ..what can you do when your in college and dont know much about cars..it might be beacuse its so old..maybe i should rebuild the engine and once i get bold enough to learn how to weld..maybe i'll try to fabricate a turbo for it ..i mean if a SE 200sx can have a v6 turbo ..why cant i ..( btw..that car would be a great match up to takumi's 86..i mean they run almost identical 1/4 mile times..stock..and they look similar too ^.^ )

but first i have to buy new struts and get an alignment...due to a minor accident ..eh oh well...

btw ..im neutral..when it comes to cars...as long as it runs good and it has alot of after market support ill probly like it ..

http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/contrib/drowned/iroc-black.gif

akaflakes
01-04-2003, 04:30 PM
mmmmmm 83 camaro. 500 for 350 engine swap. 300 for auto to manual tranny swap. thats 14s atleast on the 1/4. then add about $4k for a bft with all the little accesories to accompany it. add on to that a posi rear and we are talking 11s maybe even 10s. mmm lighting up all those little four banger grocery getters. PRICELESS. :)

Steath. the only thing you need to weld is mounts for an intercooler. Get a machine shop to do every thing else. Its less of a pain in the ass if you do it that way. ya know, have them do the piping and fiting of the turbo onto the turbo header.

Btw I now have lights again. Hopefully before the day is out Ill have my interior redone and some ICE installed. and wtf is up with mags calling stereo systems ICE. I guess cause its "chillen"

ParticleEffect
01-04-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by akaflakes
I here ya P. But whos gonna post about there cars? Do you want to here bout my 85 Nissan 720 ext cab? with its oh so powerful z24 engine that is actually in great shape. But there is a nasty vacuum leak somewhere in the engine bay that causes it to stall out. couldnt find where it was so I turned up the Idle and now the truck idles aroun 2750 rpms. This in turn is burning up the clutch. If I just dump the clutch then I lite up my tyres. And right now I have no lights or heat or radio. yeah for me. There ya go thats my truck. Ill talk about it again after I finish my ka24det swap and put on the new suspension.

BTW whats you fav import P? Domestic?

lol I know what you're sayin. Anyway, I'm no good with favorites, there are just too many damn cars to choose from. I like rwd, good handling, some what fast cars... But who doesn't. Most imports are crappy stories about us getting the shaft, so it pisses me off. 240's -we get the ---- version, rx-7's -we get cut off so early, skyline -what skyline, ------- ------- nissan AGAIN. Did we every get a 3 rotor Cosmo from mazda?! NO, damnit, BS. God I hate getting fucked by bean counters. That's why:

Maybe the McLaren F1 is my favorite import, we get all of the car, no tuned down version with a ------ motor, no not shipping to the US, and you can drive it either on the left or right of the road. But I honestly don't know much about it. Damn supercars.

Maybe, and I'm not in a number recalling state of mind, the shelby 4xx mustang from back in the 60's or whenever. It was basically a race car, made just so ford could race it on the track and sold just so they could meet sales req's. But honestly, it can't hold a performance candle to a showroom z06 these days, so it's tought to choose.

lol.

ParticleEffect
01-04-2003, 08:02 PM
Btw I now have lights again. Hopefully before the day is out Ill have my interior redone and some ICE installed. and wtf is up with mags calling stereo systems ICE. I guess cause its "chillen"

Becuas it's what the "hella cool fly boyzz call it yo", NO ONE EVEN KNOWS WHY!!! lol. Crazy kids these days I tell ya.

akaflakes
02-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Most imports are crappy stories about us getting the shaft, so it pisses me off. 240's -we get the ---- version, rx-7's -we get cut off so early, skyline -what skyline, ------- ------- nissan AGAIN.

Yeah it sucks that we dont rx-7s anymore. And it really sucks that they wouldnt give us the skyline. That car would shut up every import hater in the US. I mean it seems like everywhere there are 8 second street Skylines. Very well made car.

But Ill have to disagree with the 240sx. Compare a 240 with a sr20det swap(basicly a jdm) to a 240sx with a ka24det. The cost is real damn close for either mod. The ka24det will beat the sr20det in the 1/4 mile and on the track. Cant beat low end torque. The sr20det only defeats the ka24det with its 9000 rpm limit while the ka redlines at like 7500 or 7000. There is no replacement for deplacement.

Good choice on the Mclaren. Its only the most expensive freakin car you can buy.

Steathassasn
02-04-2003, 09:45 AM
we actually did get the skyline here ..its called the q35 from infinity which is part of nissan ...only thing is ...i dont think it comes with awd like the Skyline did ...also you can get a partialy used skyline from an importer ..i forgot the name of it ..anywhoo...why bother with a skyline when we have a 300hp subaru sti coming our way next year ..and we already have the evo ..what more could you ask for...the best weapons have already arrived for this import war ...

let the drift contests begin ! ^.^

( btw...thanks akaflakes for telling me about the turbo...ill look for a shop when i get the time..or just get a blower...eh ..also putting a posi in is one of my first mods ...after i get my car back up to specks ..@.@ ....can anyone tell me who makes pretty stiff shocks ..cause i dont think drag shocks are gona cut it in the middle of a high speed drift....also ..SCCM did a artical on japanese highway racing and one on a D1 car ..its kinda cool ..you should all check it out....well enough of my rambling..ciao ^.^ )

akaflakes
02-04-2003, 10:53 AM
The q35 is only half a skyline. Not the real deal. And the importer your thinking of is Motorex.

The reason for wanting a skyline is because for 1 its a legend. fastest track time at Nuremburg(sp?) and this is against those pesky 911 gt3s
2 is because with just a reflashed ecu you get something like 400 hp alone. bone stock. 3 is because stock internals can handle up to soemthing like 500 hp. Name another car that starts off with 300hp and can be modded up to 500 without changing internals. I cant think of any.

Btw i read that article Steath. its pretty cool. I cant think of any shocks for camaro's. Im sure that you could go anywhere and find out about it.

Steathassasn
02-04-2003, 04:40 PM
wow ..thats awfully amazing ..and to think that these cars could kill a corrvett stock ...it just makes me laugh ..most of my freinds cant get over how a i4 can beat a v10 but if i owned a skyline ( or a car with the same engine...like a S series car ..) then they would learn true fear..^.^

also who here has drifted their vehical already ...ive done grip and it works pretty well...lol my dad does the same in his 88 celeberty ..anyway...is it just me or are we the only one;s with licenses ..im sure there has to be a few more members who have a car ...

well enough of the ramblin...caio drift fans ^.^

::edit:: after some searching ive found some decent adjustable shocks for my car...koni's no less ..^.^ things are looking up now..if i could just get 600 dollars ..@.@

akaflakes
02-04-2003, 09:05 PM
sweet find on the Koni's. now ya just need some springs and your set. Im assuming that you still have stock springs and after 20 years its time to give they're retirement check.

I used to slide my 90 probe around dirt roads all the time. I was at the point where I didnt need the e-brake to lose traction. just throttle and brake and steering wheel. I also could do this on tarmac so dont think it was just luck. I did it many times. the dirt roads were used to save tyres but I still ended messing mine up everytime. But now the probe is in car heaven(not my fault. I wasnt even in the car at the time) and all I have is my pickemuptruck. Rwd with bald tyres is trully a blessing to drift fans indeed. just sucks when it rains cause I cant keep any grip.

There are more members with cars. They just dont post In the I D forum. And they probably cant drift which is l337 l4l\/l0r

ParticleEffect
03-04-2003, 02:21 AM
Yeah it sucks that we dont rx-7s anymore. And it really sucks that they wouldnt give us the skyline. That car would shut up every import hater in the US. I mean it seems like everywhere there are 8 second street Skylines. Very well made car.

But Ill have to disagree with the 240sx. Compare a 240 with a sr20det swap(basicly a jdm) to a 240sx with a ka24det. The cost is real damn close for either mod. The ka24det will beat the sr20det in the 1/4 mile and on the track. Cant beat low end torque. The sr20det only defeats the ka24det with its 9000 rpm limit while the ka redlines at like 7500 or 7000. There is no replacement for deplacement.

You must agree though, we got the shaft in terms of not atleast getting a KA-T. SR20DET on the upper end (maybe mid 20k's in US$ iirc), vs our blinging NA KA24(?)DE. And we never got, s13 coupes with their front end, or, dare I say, the s15 *drool*. mmm, factory sil-80's, sr20det's, type-x 180, aero spec, the entire s-15 = shaft! lol. damn bean counters!

but yeh, I hear the ka-t isn't soo bad, but we still lost out by nissan alot just on that one chasis line.

Anyone seen the recent drift mix with that new linkin park song? nicceee. Made me look again at the group too.

ParticleEffect
03-04-2003, 02:27 AM
there is nowhere to drift in central florida. i'm starting to think twisty roads around here are just a myth. but i'm going to an autoX sunday, and one the sat after, maybe i'll try and see how many cones i can nock over :D. it just, sucks here, not even any big parking lots that are good to learn in. so i g0tz /|/o dr1ft 5|<1LLz. lol, :(

can't wait till june, then i'm taking the fd to massachusetts to search out some twisties.

akaflakes
03-04-2003, 07:53 AM
Youve got a fd Particle? sweet. Which one?

Btw are you feeling ok? You seem happy. Ive been used to your usual depressing kill your self posts.

If youre going up to Mass in June you should swing by DE. Ive got a couple twisties around here that nobody usualy drives on.

ParticleEffect
03-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Lol, I thought I drilled it into everyone by now... I got an r1 FD -vintage red (r1's were only in 93). Not many mods right now, waiting to get together enough for full computer and guage upgrades at once.

And lol, yeh, I'm still the para-angst demigod, or something, it's just that, since we don't get all philocrapical in here, there is no reason for me to vent my rage, fear and loathing, and drill my depressing philosophies. I've actually been on a low swing lately -very depressed. I just don't bring it up to people I don't want to bother with it, and to the rest, I flaunt it to the point of maddness.

I DID go to therapy today too! :lol:

Before that though, I broke a breaker bar trying to get my left rear axle nut off to get the rotor off to replace a lug... Which has been a multi day project so far. Btw, I finally got the nut off, (heh), but now I see I'll have a bitch of a time on the rotor. ARGH.

Maybe I'll swing my slower lower delaware for some fun.

Another pic of the particle-ride.

-or not, next post!

ParticleEffect
03-04-2003, 04:52 PM
eh, uh, ah.

ParticleEffect
03-04-2003, 04:53 PM
sexy on the beach.

akaflakes
03-04-2003, 09:05 PM
Im in love. Can I borrow your car and have sex with it?? Im serious.

What type of computer are you looking at getting?

Any pics of the engine?

Steathassasn
04-04-2003, 08:25 AM
ooh ..i love fd's but fc's are more kawaii for some reason ..but thats great now you can be like most of the guys in japan who have their fd's pushing out 300hp+ too bad we dont live near each other ..well im closer to Akaflakes..( im in NJ ) and also ...Florida is home to a Rally school ...just wanted to let you know that ...and please send us some pics of your engine..that would be cool

in addition i would like to start a " get akaflakes a drift car " fund..i know there a few sweet little s-12's and 13's that are worth nothing..and a few ford probes and mk I, II, and III supras are lying around as well...

i mean if you got 3k+ you can go to a few car auctions and get a pretty good drift car for that price.....

btw..if i swing by DE will you show me those roads too oh..and i picked out ebachi(s.p.) springs to go with em...its gona cost a butt load though...800 all together for shocks and struts and springs ..me and my dad can probly put them on our selves...

how the heck do the guys in inital D afford all this stuff ...thats it im starting to think they work to jobs to fund their hobby..

well enough of my ranting ..caio

akaflakes
04-04-2003, 12:47 PM
Heck If I had $5k I could build my 240sx that I want. Im working two jobs to get it done. Hopefully by next year Ill have my drift car ready to be put in the shop for a complete car rebuild. My drift car will be able to atleast 13s in the 1/4mile. and thats with a drift setup. Can we say no interior, air conditioning, power steering, back seat, radio, passenger seat will be optional :)

Steath If you come down here Ill gladly show you. Ive got about 4 courses that are great for drifting. 2 dirt and 2 tarmac. But one of the tarmacs is used more frequently than the others. must be careful not to hit oncoming cars while drifting. I was kinda figuring you would get those springs to go with those shocks.

Also there is a rally school in Mass I do believe. Or somewhere around there. But look at the one day courses. You should be able to do the stuff that they are going to teach you if you want to drift with me. Stuff is easy to learn even without someone teaching you. BTW when me and my friends drift we dont race each other. Makes drifting no fun when gripping goes faster. So if you come down here dont expect to race. Just to have a good time. Of course I would love to put that fd in its place.

ParticleEffect
04-04-2003, 02:07 PM
yes, there's a nice looking rally school about an hour NW from me.

how the heck do the guys in inital D afford all this stuff ...thats it im starting to think they work to jobs to fund their hobby..

dood, didn't you see the best movie ever, "the slow and delerious", er, "the fast and the furious" or something. THEY ROB SEMI'S! that's how all elite street racers get their money for things like decal's and altezza's... lmao.

engine pic eh? hmm...

I'll take a good one tonight when I'm at the track.

You wouldn't have much trouble with me on your own course, heh. but who know's, i am going to atleast 2 autoX's this month alone. drifting is another thing all together though, that i hardly get to practice.

akaflakes
04-04-2003, 03:31 PM
P your my hero. Not only do you own a fd but you autocross it too.

You could probably beat me on one of the tarmac courses. Its got a couple long straightaways that your fd would of killed my car on. I wish I still had my car. I could own every one that tried me on my dirt courses. ff rules on dirt. fr just gets too lose.

ParticleEffect
05-04-2003, 08:25 PM
so, I drove 350 miles yersterday, to and from the track total. My first time drag racing, got 3 runs in, but had lots of fun talking to the other '7 guys, got some decent pictures and some good experience draging (I suck). lol.

here's a eye brow pic first.

ParticleEffect
05-04-2003, 08:26 PM
engine.

ParticleEffect
05-04-2003, 08:27 PM
waiting in line, the truck infront of me was one of many very fast trucks. it was running full drag slicks.

ParticleEffect
05-04-2003, 08:30 PM
a bad pic of most of the 7's there, i was with a 7 club. the black fd nose you see was the king of the '7's, with a big single turbo. though the guy ran it easy because it wasn't fully tuned for higher boost, his best run was 13 something at like 13 pounds. him and I followed eachother for most of the 3 hour trip.

ParticleEffect
05-04-2003, 08:34 PM
here is his engine. he's a cool guy, everyone was cool. had a good time meeting people (because I dont normally hang out with people 3 hours away, heh), him and I were -the guys who drove the farthest by far to get there.

and R-1 '7's have no cruise control... *cry*

anyways, my best run was ------, I rosted my tires on all my launches and no one wrote my best, but a decent run of mine with a passenger last night was 15.1x @... we don't know. the track didn't give time slips.

akaflakes
05-04-2003, 10:54 PM
Ouch P. Sucks that the track didnt give time slips. Then you could know where your problems are at. And you need to spruce up that engine bay a little bit. Some paint and some wire loom might be ricey but it always makes things look better. Btw did you drag with you spare tyre in? jack and handle? other bits and pieces that add weight that you dont need? tons of questions now. How bigs your exhaust? Does Florida have clean air laws or can you get rid of all your cats to free up some exhaust? Boost controller? Was that duel K&N filters I saw. Side mount or front mount intercooler? didnt see one in the pic so Im assuming side mount. Boost controoler? Why go full comp when it seems to me that a s-afc would do you justice? Z-rated tyres or just good all rounders? Just how much is stock on that car. didnt look like too many mods to me. Not being critical but I just want to know.

ParticleEffect
06-04-2003, 01:15 AM
the car is mostly stock. no aftermarket IC, no boost controller. the IC is that mini radiator looking thing, rather small, mounted up and down from, like that from the factory. normally there is more plastic over it, but i have all the plastic i need for good ducting. the intake (which would also be different and closed up stock) is a pettit racing -a popular 7 parts maker and shop.

as for the computer, the pfc can, of course, do alot more than the a/f controller, like retard timing, or advance it if i got brave, ajust idle and remove alot of useless sequences the stock ECU does. basically, if you can get the money -for the FD, most stand alone ECU's over 1k are worth the money.

no clean air laws, or any inspections in florida! wooo ------- hoo, that's the only redeaming part of this place. I have a downpipe replacing the precat, and a blitz CB, but untill I get a computer I can't replace the main cat with a mid pipe. that will also mean taking out the then useless air pump, and porting the waste gate more to allow for it to bypass what it needs to in line with running basically a straight pipe setup.

im not a drag racer, so I didn't even take my bag of clothes (that i brought incase i crashed anywhere) out of the car. the spare is light, but i left it in and the mini jack too. and I ran the 15.1 with a passenger. im like 280 myself +his ~180. lol. and I roasted about the first 50 feet. but again, no damn time slip. it was a nice clean place with proper stuff, but not really an NHRA place, they didn't even use a standard tree, they had 2 stoplights. lol. all in fun though.

edit- oh yeh, tires were just normal crappy all arounders.

i have a vid of the last race if you wanna see for fun (lost to a 4 door civic or something, didn't even care to check it out), 4 megs.

the next 2 upgrade stages i plan are guages (boost, oil temp, water temp), then the ecu. after that, mid pipe and take out the air pump and port the WG, by then I should be well into the lower 300's to the ground. for only about... 3k, lol. hope i dont pop my motor or tubros for a few months after that.

Steathassasn
06-04-2003, 04:24 AM
well..to keep your engine from going ..a.. Kaboom!...make sure you get thicker apex seals after or before you get your turbo upgrade or if you increase the boost..( but this should be comon knowledge for you ..^.^ )

anyway..great picks man...kinda dark though..but theres nothing more heavenly than a few Fc's and d's all hudled into one place..btw ..did you ever consider adding a lsd to your car or did it already come with one..?

also...Auto Modelista....for ps2...i played a bit of it today in one of the game stores...it was...sweet...it had almost every car from intial d and then some ..( yes...they had levins and Turenos ^.^ ..hurra!) i tried to race this kid ..he had a rx-7...vs me and my stock Tureno...a..the outcome was obvious but i had a good time all the same...

also ...Akaflakes...your doing a engine mod too right...anyway make sure you take picks of your drift car when you get finished with it ...k..

caio for now ^.^

akaflakes
06-04-2003, 09:14 AM
P. I was kinda figuring that you would go with a Pfc for the comp. I'd like to take a look at the vid. Just hit me up on aim next time your on. akaflakes2 is my screen name.

Steath. I didnt mention the apex seals cause like you said, Its common knowledge. Im doing mods to my drift car when I get it. No engine mods for my truck. just exhaust, intake, and ignition. When I get my digital camera Ill take some pics of it. Im abandining the swap so I can get the drift car done sooner.

Steathassasn
07-04-2003, 11:47 PM
no engine mod...no problem i mean we can always change the displacement another time right ..^.^ anyway i hope you all wont mind if i post car sightings once and a while...im a car nut and i just cant help my self ...i saw a fc, s13, and a subaru imprezza for sale...ahh if i didnt have a car already ..id buy that sweet little s13..mm mmm good

i could have sworn there were other tunners out there ..eh oh well...

also ..i went to tokyopops site and i havent seen a release date for initial d ...are they going to release it after the manga is all out ?

akaflakes
08-04-2003, 12:05 AM
It looks like we are the only tuners on the board. :)

As for car sightings, during the touron (tourist are morons) months at the beach I always see m3s and 911s. Its a shame that only the m3s will traffic stop race me. Id love to see a 911 just lay into it. Myabe its because they are all driven by old people :shrug:

Steathassasn
09-04-2003, 12:02 AM
ah yes..the 911....like the 350z and the corrvett...its become the retirement car of the era...its lost some of its street cred because of it ..well to me anyway...guess a old 911 is cheaper i duno

anyway...i spoted a 86 tureno..and a silva conversion a few weeks ago..i thought it was awasome...:: sighs :: anyway...also spoted a mazda MX3 v6 at my job today..( i work on cars ..kinda..lol ) i didnt even know they made em with v6's ..

its kinda sad no one likes to actually tune their cars...:: sighs ;: some dont even look under their hoods...its ashame..but then again it is costly...heck i even made up a list of stuff i need to make a great drift car...it came out to be like 30k for all the stuff i need..which kind of blows ...but..eh..guess seats, harness's and a lsd will have to do ..:: sighs ::

akaflakes
09-04-2003, 01:13 AM
funny you should mention that. I was making up a list of mods for my (hopefully soon. inheritance money will be well spent) ultimate 240sx. Looks to me like ill be spending $10k in the engine bay alone. then add on another $10k for suspension, brakes, guages, seats, roll cage, light weight stereo system(cant beat listening to eurobeat while drifting) body kit, and of course the car. Kinda seems rediculous to me to buy a $2k car and then throw $18k worth of mods into it but hey, its my car and Ill do what I want. I just wont be able to compete very well autocrossing it cause I do believe Ill be what ever open class they have. But atleast Ill be extremely happy with my car. and it will be about the price of new car so I dont see the difference.

Of course I could just raid the local junkyard and for $5k(including purchase of car) I could have a decent 240sx. But who wants to be second fiddle

Steathassasn
09-04-2003, 08:51 AM
a wise man once said..

" its had 5 accidents and ive put more money into it than what its worth ..but if i got another car for the same price...then it really wouldnt be My car..""

i dont think anyone is gona get that but i thought it was cool

ParticleEffect
11-04-2003, 07:02 PM
I get it. ya'know, it's not "buying a car and putting a new engine/everything in it" it's "buying a chassis and building your own car". We don't buy cars, we buy platforms.

Anyway, I don't think im going autoXing tomorrow, it's just too far (~3 hour drive) and I'd have to stay at a hotel tonight to be there in the morning, for like 4 runs? Na, i'm not at the level where I feel the need to go that far, maybe i'll just hit the local (1 hour away) strip for the midnight runs sat night, maybe nothing, heh. but FD seats and R1's with no CC, HURT for long driving, atleast my big ass self.

Steathassasn
11-04-2003, 09:40 PM
why dont you just get some new seats man ..im sure they make aftermarket seats for your car ..but then again it will set you back about 900 bucks @.@

or...use a pillow from home or a cusshioned seat cover...ik know it looks cheesy but it might help o.o

ParticleEffect
12-04-2003, 07:14 PM
i don't have room for any extra pad, lol. and yeh, seats are long off on the list of needs.

-see my autoX pics in the MO pics thread.

akaflakes
13-04-2003, 10:53 PM
I had a flat tyre the other day. Btw Im getting a new job. Installing truck accesories(sp?) I was looking over the books on what they can order. found a cool little item that will definetaly be in my next car. Push button ignition. Hopefully I can convince the store to become a Sparco retailer. Then I will definately be getting some really cool ---- at cost.

Steathassasn
14-04-2003, 12:50 AM
push button igniton ...yeah that is a nifty item..also works as a theft deturant if you put the switch in a secret place..so they cant take your car ...and sparco is a cool company but their stuff is hella expensive...carbaro(sp) is a little on the cheaper side..and they make sliders for my car...^.^ but enough about that ...

and good luck on your new job akaflakes ..i hope you have fun there..and get paid lots!

akaflakes
14-04-2003, 08:37 PM
Yeah Sparco is hella expensive, but at cost it shouldnt be that bad. Its not the pay that made me get this job(although Im getting paid more) its the benefits. Health and retirement. Ahhh the good life

Steathassasn
14-04-2003, 11:08 PM
mmm benifits...benifits are good ..not bad akaflakes ..not bad at all ..

right now im having car withdraw ...its been almost 5 months with out my POS and im freakin out...i hope i get it out soon ...

akaflakes
17-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Truck update. Well I had most of the interior reinstalled. But stupid me cut the dimmer wire so I had no lights for the interior. so ive been riding around without a dash for about a week waiting for a chance to get to the junk yard. somehow between yesterday and today I also managed to take out my windshield wipers. Didnt know until tonight when I had to drive home from work and it was raining. Also it seems like my truck decided to get rid of the cooling fan by stripping the bolts that held it and shredding the fan and shroud at the same time.

The good news. Ive been wanting to put in a electric fan for awhile now. Now I have a reason to do it. Also decided to do a custom console between seats to hold crossover, fuse box, and zapco z-50s for highs. Center console for headunit, eq, and guages is almost done as well. Ill post some pics when im done.

Steathassasn
18-04-2003, 12:36 AM
dude...that sucks..i hope you werent near any cars when that happened..it dosent seem like your truck is having a very good year ..that or it knows its getting new parts so its saving you the work of uninstalling the parts and doing it its self..@.@

i hope it works out for you...also ..They are holding drifting events in Englishtown NJ..i wont meet the specs but ill see if i can go anyway..eh..

akaflakes...good luck man

akaflakes
18-04-2003, 04:47 PM
Dude go to Englishtown. I know for a fact that there will be a couple evos there. Nothing sweeter than seeing a rally bred car doin its thing.

Btw the wipers was a fuse problem. the problem was that there was no fuse. :lol: Also I picked up my carpet today to do the new consoles and racks. Should be done by next week.

Steathassasn
20-04-2003, 01:37 AM
hey akaflakes...did you go to technical school or something? you sure do sound like you know what your doing...personaly i want to put irock guages in my car but..eh...why go through the agony

also take some pics when your done..also ever though about adding harnesses

about englishtown..its events are held on saturday ( which is when i work ) soo..looks like I wont be seeing it :: cries::

akaflakes
20-04-2003, 08:11 AM
Nope. Never went to school for cars or stereos. Its just that I cant justify paying a mechanic $50/hr to fix my vehicle when a fsm tells you how to do everything. And the guys that install stereos at your local stereo place really really really dont know what they are doing. Maybe one or two of them do but unless you spend more than $1k then they dont get to work on your car.

what you mean by adding harnesses?

Steathassasn
20-04-2003, 11:48 PM
i ment seating harnesses ..you know ..racing harnesses ...the kind they use in race cars and stuff...besides ..once you add those you'll look like a reall boy racer ..^.^

akaflakes
21-04-2003, 04:29 PM
but im a man. A man I tell you. a real man.

Nah im not going to add them to my truck but the drift car however.......

akaflakes
26-04-2003, 03:08 AM
update on truck. Got most of the stereo finally installed. This includes console for guages and headunit, center console amp rack that also hold crossover and fuse block. couldnt get the kicks that I made to fit so Im going to turn the truck over to a friend of mine that is really really into stereos(placed 2nd in his class in Meca at world finals) to build me some kicks and possible redo my console cause im not that happy with it. Painted dash and floor trim. Looks very sweet and oem. Going to go with seat covers instead of getting the reupholstered. Too much money on something that isnt really important. Also installed racing pedals. Have to move the gas pedal away from the brake. I have big feet. Sub box and sub amp rack should be finished before next weekend. I will then post some pics of what Ive been doing. Still left to do is bass cube. Wire loom the engine bay. upgrade destroyed mechanical fan to electric. k&n air filter. Ive also been thinking about lsd. Not that expensive for my truck actually. Ive also been looking at a Holley carb for my truck. Maybe when I hit the lottery Ill buy it lol. Btw I did most of this tonight from 7pm-3am. I havnt had the chance to do any work on it the past week for personal reasons.

ParticleEffect
26-04-2003, 07:28 PM
pictures! anyways, after like 8 hours of working, i finally got a hub off to replace a lug and got it back in place. buuut, i dont know if ill be autoXing tomorrow, i dont really feel right right now.