PDA

View Full Version : EVA-01 Test Type PG Model Kit

Destructa
18-07-2003, 12:28 AM
Is the Perfect Grade model kit worth buying or would it be a better idea to just buy the HG version?

EVA fiend
21-07-2003, 09:12 AM
Depends really.., I have both the PG & HG models.., & both are good in their own way...,
The PG is hyper posable..., is large, & has areas that light up..., but it can be expensive (depending on where you buy it)..., & some parts of the assembly can be fiddly.., also, it's not as detailed as the Perfect Grade Gundams that you can get...,
The HG is extremely easy to put together.., is cheap.., but isn't really all that posable...,
And both models need painting to bring them to their full glory IMO..., they look kinda crappy if left unpainted...,

James
23-07-2003, 12:24 AM
Just like EVA fiend I too have both the PG and HG of Evangelion Unit-01, and I'd have to agree that they do both have their ups and downs.

In my opinion though the PG is the superior of the two. Though it costs more it is larger and more posable than the HG. Depending on how much work you're willing to put into it though you can make either one look great.

I think it comes down more to a matter of personal space and finances. That is how much room you have to put a model up and how much you're willing to spend on it. If you've got lot of spare shelf space and the extra cash you might as well go for the PG. However, if your a little tight on space as well as cash perhaps the HG would be the better way to go. In the end it's all a matter of personal preference I'd say.

Destructa
23-07-2003, 12:51 AM
I am kind of limited in space. I've already gotten two Gundam PG model kits. I'm leaning more to the side of buying PG Unit-1 now. How big is it and how long does it take to build? And thanks for the info so far.

Ikari Cun
23-07-2003, 02:15 AM
The PG Eva is about 35cm high
when you're building it though
take time with all the rubber
under the armour because
it can damage easily
if too much force applied

James
23-07-2003, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by Destructa
I am kind of limited in space. I've already gotten two Gundam PG model kits. I'm leaning more to the side of buying PG Unit-1 now. How big is it and how long does it take to build? And thanks for the info so far.

Since you already have some PG's it'll end up being relatively the same size.

I too have several PG Gundams (Wing Zero and AEUG Mk. II specifically) and standing the PG Unit-01 next to my Mk. II places them at about the same height with Unit-01's shoulder armaments coming up to the same height as the Mk. II's beam saber holders.

As for how long it takes to build that really depends on just how much time you're willing to put into it and how detailed you'd like to get it. Compared to other PG's I believe it does require a little more attention to when painting since some pieces require being painted more than one color (the swords require being painted 4 seperate colors).

But besides this extra attention to the painting and as Ikari Cun pointed out being careful with the rubber pieces there really isn't much difference between this PG and others.

Considering this was Bandai's first attempt at a PG model it has it's technicalities, but overall it's a fairly easy model to assemble.