PDA

View Full Version : FLCL done vol 3

kindred350
12-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Yeah I just finsh wacthing the last volume last night and, I have to say it was good. And plus I think that I understood everything, like

What all of that stream was coming out of the building: well on take on it because in that episode they say the it purpose was to smooth out all the wickles out of the world and brains. And so that's what it was doing smoothing out all of the wickles. Because I have notice every time something like when mamimi told natoa that she did not like him, the building started to steam up. Which I guess in a way was trying to smoothing out the wickles in natoa head, or something like that.

And another thing could natoa brother be the pirate king? Because from what I have notice every single time natoa call his name canti turn's in to that red robot again. Which I think is the power of atmosk. Now right there it could mean that else his brother is the atmosk or not.

What was with hakuro thing it will move around sometime on her hand: Well on guess is that mean's that atmosk was trying to get out, because notice's in episode 2 were canti turn into that red robot and that thing on her hand was moving, or it could mean also that atmosk was trying to tell her that his is coming out soon.

At the end that gutuira was moving: well just like that thing on hakuro hand it could mean the same thing, but only this time it is hakuro.

And everything else I was explain, so that preety much it.

DrZepp
13-08-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by kindred350
What was with hakuro thing it will move around sometime on her hand: Well on guess is that mean's that atmosk was trying to get out, because notice's in episode 2 were canti turn into that red robot and that thing on her hand was moving, or it could mean also that atmosk was trying to tell her that his is coming out soon.

Youve got the general idea, but i think it was moving because Atomsks power had been 'awakened' within the combined Canti and Naota.

As for the Tasuka = Atomsk thing... i dont exactly agree with it, but i do think that parallels are meant to be drawn between them.
In a sense, Atomsk is to Haruko as Tasuka is to Mamimi. The girl chasing the alpha male... err.. bird *grins*.

Im sure its been brought up before here, but I dont think Mamimi was ever dating Tasuka at all... she just focused her desire on him, fell in love with something that she couldnt attain, which overall is a pretty common theme in human relations. The same situation is mimicked in Haruko, but set in a sci-fi like premise.

Part of FLCL for me is the comparison of a 'normal' story, to a completely ridiculous one... The two elements are always clashing, but they connect through Naota, which obviously makes him the epicenter of the overall story. The social ‘nice guy’… having his moment of glory and growing up in the process.

kindred350
13-08-2003, 01:43 PM
Yeah and I (if I did not alway mention this before) but I finally know what fooly cooly is. It is just doig dumb things but at the same time it is cool, like doing a filp off from a 20 feet roof it is dumd but at the same time cool if you do it right. And to over flow mean's to overflow with emotion that you do not what to deal with ( with mamimi she alway's wanted to hug all over natoa because if she did not she will have no one else to do it with since natoa brother dump her and move to american) so in saying if she did not do that she will be mix up with bad emotion that she do not want to deal with like when natoa told her that his brother has a new girlfriend, she could not handle the news that his brother has find a new girlfriend so she was overflowing with emotions that she could not handle.

TheF0rce
13-08-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by DrZepp
Youve got the general idea, but i think it was moving because Atomsks power had been 'awakened' within the combined Canti and Naota.

As for the Tasuka = Atomsk thing... i dont exactly agree with it, but i do think that parallels are meant to be drawn between them.
In a sense, Atomsk is to Haruko as Tasuka is to Mamimi. The girl chasing the alpha male... err.. bird *grins*.

Wow thats a great angle to look at it...gaved me some new insight.

poor noata but he always has that USSR girl.
Its like said, he's still a kid...theres always time.

TheF0rce
13-08-2003, 04:30 PM
btw is a vol the same as an episode thats been shown on tv?
does it contain more footage? director's cuts? commentaries?