PDA

View Full Version : Just finished the series ** BIG SPOILERS **

dheu
26-11-2003, 10:07 PM
Yet another thread about just finishing X TV, but oh well. This forum doesn't have enough action.

I was actually impressed with the ending. At the end of volume seven, I was sure there were so many things that had to be tied up that three more episodes wouldn't enough... but I think the ending was satisfying. Like the CB ending, I don't think it could have ended any other way... but that doesn't mean it wasn't a depressing way to end a series. I mean, sure, the world was saved in the end, but sheesh. Poor Kamui, sacrificing his own life to protect those he cares about. His hopes saved the world and I'm happy about that... but I would be happier if there had been some way for him to save the world without dying.

Argh. I know Fuma didn't really have a choice about becoming a Dragon of Earth... but I really didn't like seeing him smiling and playing with birds after everything that had happened and all the people that suffered.

The show had altogether too many painful moments, but I'd have to say that my top three include Kotori's death, Sorata's death, and Kamui's death. (Which... of course... is probably anyone's top three.) Sorata was a cool character and even though you knew he was fated to die, I still found myself wishing he wouldn't. Kotori had a tragic fate, as well. And... poor Kamui.

Dammit, I've been watching too much depressing anime lately. I need more Fumoffu!

:bawling:

dheu

snowcherry
02-12-2003, 12:28 PM
I still think Karen's death was worse than Kotori's, but that's also because I've been following the manga for years and Karen is still very much alive there. Besides, Kotori's death was necessary as a catalyst.

Still, I liked TV Kotori a lot, so her death was sorta depressing.

I retain that the last four episodes are way too rushed, and that there is simply too much story in X for only 24 episodes.

Out of curiousity, have you read the manga? There's a lot more to it. It's quite good.

dheu
02-12-2003, 01:25 PM
I've seen it in stores but I haven't picked it up. So much manga coming out, so little money! But the anime's gotten me interested and if I have spare change I'll have to check it out.

I think the saddest thing about Kotori's death was the anticipation. You knew that she was going to die (if you spoiled yourself and watched episode 0 like I did, that is), so watching the parts up to her death were tragic. Seeing her dreams, which you know will never be fulfilled; watching Kamui slowly opening back up to her again... That was very depressing, to me, because you know all along she's going to be murdered by her brother.

Karen's death was also sad, but since we only got random glimpses of her as compared to the focus on Sorata and other characters, I didn't feel as much when she died as when other characters died. I think the tragedy in Karen's story was her childhood.

I can understand why you think the ending's rushed. It did seem that way. I wonder if they could have done a full 26 episode season, and if that would have made a difference, or if there's so much story that not even one entire season could do it justice.

dheu

Pandora
14-01-2004, 12:52 PM
I think the ending is a bit of a rush as well. At the time when I've just finished watching episode 20, I thought they will leave a cliffhanger ending, since it looks like there are still more things to cover. So to me, the last four episodes seem very rush. We basically have people dying in every one of the last four episodes.

iritlus
05-01-2005, 01:35 PM
i did not like the ending because i thought it will be like the movie... and i dont like fuma (i love kamui and subaru, and sorata...i love almost all characters lol)
and i was disapointed that kotori didnt start acting " water! so pretty!" which was funny in the manga when she went crazy- i dont like kotori...

i read a few books from the manga. its clamp so of course it was amazing! lol :lol:

sillybob
19-04-2005, 02:47 AM
Yeah I watched episode 0 too and hated the fact that I already knew Kotori was gonna die. The ending of the series was fairly satisfying but I didn't like how they kept telling you certain events HAD to happen. Ex. Sora's death and then of course how Kamui would never be able to defeat Fuma etc...

sillybob
11-07-2005, 03:02 AM
Wow this place really is dead, I was the last post an I haven't been on in months