PDA

View Full Version : GTO

Naraku
02-12-2003, 07:43 AM
Yeah, since this site doesn't have a GTO forum. I know the anime is 43 episodes, right? But are there any OVAs, movies, or manga that goes beyond those episodes?

Gunblade
02-12-2003, 10:44 AM
The manga "Extends" the story but U'm not sure if it goes past the point when Onizuka wins over all the students...

Would be useless to write more afterwards so probably not, still the anime ending was finished before the manga i think so the manag ending might be much different.

Schizm
09-01-2004, 12:56 AM
There is also a Live Action version (which I think is better than the anime) which has 13 eps, 1 special and 1 movie.

Fatal Outlaw
09-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Im looking to get the manga, but what vol. should i buy? i only want to read parts after the ending of the anime.

speaking of the anime, i TOTALLY did not like the ending. it was crammed into a 2 episodes. it would have been a LOT better if it was more elaborate, like maybe 4 or 5 episodes.

as for the live action tv version, its supposed to be better, but its not the same as the anime. due to tv restrictions, some of the plotlines had to be changed (ie. Onizuka went into teaching becuase he wanted to teach in the live action version, instead of looking for high school girls)

Dastafarin
09-01-2004, 07:14 PM
as for the live action tv version, its supposed to be better, but its not the same as the anime. due to tv restrictions, some of the plotlines had to be changed (ie. Onizuka went into teaching becuase he wanted to teach in the live action version, instead of looking for high school girls)

I preferred the changes in the story. Made Onizuka more respectable and admirable as a character.

Petezilla
10-01-2004, 05:39 AM
I Bought all the mangas but I haven't seen the anime nor the live action. So you'll have to tell me where the anime ends exactly or I won't be able to tell where the manga picks up the story again.

OniBaka
13-01-2004, 01:30 AM
I just noticed Volume 16 of the TokyoPop edition of GTO out. I think there is about 25 volumes all together.

They finished the GTO anime series the way they did 'cause the Manga was still going. Maybe the budget ran out.

I'm curious about the TV series. Any info on how to get it?

OniBaka

Schizm
13-01-2004, 01:38 AM
There is, but I can't post them.......Forum rules ;)

OniBaka
13-01-2004, 01:51 AM
Whops.

Actually I should've mentioned by *legal* means, But I guess that might not work either.

My computer and connection are too slow/obsolete to download big files off the net anyway. Lucky me. :D

OniBaka