PDA

View Full Version : Reading the manga

orochi X
15-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Well I'm reading the manga now, well I sped through the first 10 odd volumes as it was pretty much the same as the anime except some things are resolved differently or much faster eg when Fuyutsuki is having doubts about teaching instead of fleeing off to her hometown Onizuka takes her out on a boat and everything is ok.

Just finished volume 16, and I've been enjoying it so far, has that same great feel to it like the anime. Things are getting interesting with Mayu (though he has dissapeared for now with Kikuchi) and with the conflict between Urumi and Miyabi.

Well I have just 2 more volumes to read then I'll have to wait for my friend to purchase the rest of the volumes so I can get going again.

So what do others think of the manga?

M.O.M.O
23-06-2005, 07:29 PM
I think the manga is awesome. It's actually more forfilling than the anime. I've recently read vol.24 out of 25, and I have to say just that volume alone puts the anime to shame. I've never been so emotionally distressed by a manga or hell even a anime. It's just so sad. :bawling:

Onizuka is diagnosed with a cerebral auresim, a type of tumor. The docters tell him if he gets any more blows to the head he could slip. But, Yoshikawa is kidnapped by another student and Onizuka goes to save him. The student hit Onizuka with a brick in his head and after a long fight, Onizuka finally collapses into a coma.

random1377
23-06-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm waiting with baited breath for volume 25. So tense... >_<

I dig it a lot more than the anime. You should check out the 'manga Vs anime Vs Live Action' thread sometime.

-Random

orochi X
23-06-2005, 09:25 PM
That post was from a couple of months ago and yes now I've read up to volume 24 aswell. And like you anxiously awaiting volume 25 to be released, pinned for August argh ..

I really enjoyed the Ms Daimon and the angels story arc, I really liked the first angel the one who went around beating up guys (her name escapes me). As for the cliffhanger I can expect that Onizuka will make it through though. I just want to find out more about Daimon, her past and her relationship with the chairwoman (her name escapes me at the moment)

Schizm
23-06-2005, 10:41 PM
Ai Tokiwa and Director Sakurai.