PDA

View Full Version : PS2 flash drive compatability?

raynebc
05-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Somebody told me I can use the PS2's USB drive to transfer save files to a flash drive. Does anybody know which kinds of flash drives work with a PS2 to save memory files? Does it matter which model PS2 is being used? Thanks in advance for your answers.

MrBS
05-03-2005, 07:31 PM
You cant do this without additional software i.e cheat device such as Codebreaker/Action Replay/Game Shark/Exploder etc etc

I'm using Codebreaker 9.0 and a Sandisk 128MB usb stick.

For the record I abhor cheating but it was either spend $20 on Sonic Hereos to unlock comix zone in Sonic Mega Collection Plus or spend $20 on a Codebreaker and hack it, its the principle of the thing!

raynebc
05-03-2005, 07:59 PM
Thank you for the information. I have an Action Replay that I bought quite a while ago, but I never opened and used it. Are older versions of AR compatable with USB flash drives? Or would the added features of a newer version make it more worthwhile to buy the new version?

I don't have the receipt anymore for it, but is there a way I can trade it in as an exchange and pay the extra cost? Or would that depend on the retailer?

MrBS
06-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Well I'm not going to comment on the whole refund thing but the use of flash drive for Action replay is relatively new and only made it to the current version (MAX EVO) and the one before it (MAX). These versions typically come bundled with a usb drive so you'd know if you had it.

If you're stuck with getting a new one I'd highly recommend Codebreaker 9.0 the cheapest out there but it offers the best cheats, (not that I use them....) updates or via usb or online plus you'll have you're precious memory backup ability as well :D

raynebc
27-04-2005, 09:25 PM
I read some reviews about when people used the update cheat capability of "Action Replay MAX EVO", it fried their memory cards. Anybody have any problems like this?

Are there any other products that can transfer memory card saves (PS2) to a computer and back?

MrBS
28-04-2005, 05:42 AM
Are there any other products that can transfer memory card saves (PS2) to a computer and back?

Well Codebreaker comes to mind! Or a Gameshark.

raynebc
28-04-2005, 07:38 PM
I've got a Codebreaker v7.0, I was mistaken about the product I had. Does anybody know where I can go to find out if this one supports transfering saves to and from the PS2's USB ports? The package says it supports a USB keyboard plugged into the PS2, but it doesn't say anything else about the USB ports on the package. I don't want to open it if it won't have what I want. I tried calling Pelican's support number, but I think it was after their hours.

MrBS
29-04-2005, 08:01 AM
According to the site, you'll need codebreaker 8.0+ to transfer saves.

raynebc
29-04-2005, 08:28 PM
That really pisses me off. Yesterday, I called their support number, and asked specifically if version 7.0 had the capability to transfer game saves to and from the PS2 through the USB port. I was told it could. So I opened the brand new package to do so, but it doesn't appear to have any such option that is obvious. I tried to call again, they must be off-work until Monday, so I left an email saying that if they were mistaken when they told me it would work, it's their fault I can't return it, and they should give me an upgraded version. I think that's fair enough, considering I can't refund it now.

raynebc
24-05-2005, 02:15 PM
They didn't ever bother to get back to me about it. They can consider themselves reported to the Better Business Bureau for gross misrepresentation of their product.

Other than that, the superfluous 2nd Codebreaker I own does what I want it to do. So if anybody else is looking for a product that will transfer saves onto a USB flash drive, get version 8+, it's the cheat package that looks like a combination lock.