PDA

View Full Version : Animeboards.com - 9th Birthday!

eva2000
23-06-2009, 12:41 PM
June 24, 2000 was when Animeboards.com first came online. Now Animeboards.com today celebrates it's 9th birthday. Yes that's 9yrs ! :eek: I think some members here probably have their own children old enough to watch Anime :D

As with last years birthday announcement, this birthday celebration again starts with Animeboards.com sporting a new style for the forums (yes again the forum logo isn't really up to par :heh: ). This style isn't set in stone and may change in future :)

I've also upgrade the forum software to latest vBulletin version as well so take your time to check out the new forum upgrades.

What's happening ?
With free time permitting, I'll also be doing further reorganisation of the forum structure and archiving less used forums and creating more popular anime series forums. Best place for you folks to provide suggestions in regards to this matter would be by posting in Contact Admin/Mod forum (http://animeboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5) - while you may not get a reply/immediate reply from me, rest assured I do read posts for that forum (i'm subscribed to to so get email notifications ;) )

Changing email addresses:
Remember, if you do change your email address, change it to an approved (http://animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=55530) (non-free email address) and make sure to check your new email address for the activation url code so you can re-activate your account. Otherwise, you won't be able to post on the forums until you re-activate your account.

New and Old Members:
Don't forget about the forum rules and registration guidelines for visitors wanting to join these forums.

Registration Rules (http://animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=55530)
Forum Rules (http://animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=55531)

So to all the old and new members of Animeboards.com, thanks for sticking it out on AB :)

Your admin

George
(eva2000)

Shinobi X
23-06-2009, 01:09 PM
Yes that's 9yrs ! :eek: I think some members here probably have their own children old enough to watch Anime :D

I lol at that but it's true. As others now have children who can do that, I just graduated from high school a month back.

Happy 9th birthday AnimeBoards and I wish this boards will remain a safe and fun place for all anime fans to discuss and have fun throughout the year! ^^

Bishdariel
23-06-2009, 01:50 PM
My first post after a long, long, long time!

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

LiDDoDrAgOn
23-06-2009, 02:12 PM
It's been so long! This place was the first online community I joined when I got my new laptop in middle school. The community was great, and it just wasn't the same anywhere else after this..

Happy Birthday Animeboards!!!!!! :birthday:

Hi George!

dalmain
23-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Happy Birthday Animeboards!!!! Happy 9th and many to come. I've been here for years and don't post much, but I always find my way back. A home away from home.

Tsunami-X
23-06-2009, 04:07 PM
Happy Birthday Animeboards!

I like the new look. Very modern for some reason. I knew you were probably in the background working on the restructure/updates. I'm glad you're still there for the community, no matter how idiotic we get. :thumbup:
Here's to George and Animeboards.com for another 9 years :beer:

Nulani
23-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Happy Birthday.

John Faulkner
23-06-2009, 06:30 PM
Eva2k, you have done a stellar job in improving the layout of AnimeBoards - a truly wonderful work of art. I cannot imagine a finer way to celebrate 9 glorious years of existence.

By the way,

Shinobi X
Bishdariel
LiDDoDrAgOn
dalmain
Nulani

Eva2k's put his heart and soul into this messageboard, so it would only be right if we all pitch in and start posting more regularly. I think it would be a tragedy if after all of Eva2k's hard work, we only stop by to say "Happy Birthday!" once every year. The guy's poured bucket-loads of hard-earned cash into running this place and it is a small ask for us to post, say, at least once a week.

So how about it?

dheu
23-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Happy B-Day, AB!

I like the new look.

eva2000
24-06-2009, 01:32 AM
home away from home... welcome home guys :D

I lol at that but it's true. As others now have children who can do that, I just graduated from high school a month back.

Happy 9th birthday AnimeBoards and I wish this boards will remain a safe and fun place for all anime fans to discuss and have fun throughout the year! ^^
thanks Shinobi and congrats on high school graduation :)

My first post after a long, long, long time!

Happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Dhey Bishdariel .. thanks :)

It's been so long! This place was the first online community I joined when I got my new laptop in middle school. The community was great, and it just wasn't the same anywhere else after this..

Happy Birthday Animeboards!!!!!! :birthday:

Hi George!thanks LiDDoDrAgOn for stopping by :)

Happy Birthday Animeboards!!!! Happy 9th and many to come. I've been here for years and don't post much, but I always find my way back. A home away from home.indeed dalmain - thanks and welcome home :)

Happy Birthday Animeboards!

I like the new look. Very modern for some reason. I knew you were probably in the background working on the restructure/updates. I'm glad you're still there for the community, no matter how idiotic we get. :thumbup:
Here's to George and Animeboards.com for another 9 years :beer:thanks Tsunami-X - yeah i'm always thinking about designs and updates for AB - probably more to come this year :nod:

Happy Birthday.thanks Nulani :)

Eva2k, you have done a stellar job in improving the layout of AnimeBoards - a truly wonderful work of art. I cannot imagine a finer way to celebrate 9 glorious years of existence.

By the way,

Shinobi X
Bishdariel
LiDDoDrAgOn
dalmain
Nulani

Eva2k's put his heart and soul into this messageboard, so it would only be right if we all pitch in and start posting more regularly. I think it would be a tragedy if after all of Eva2k's hard work, we only stop by to say "Happy Birthday!" once every year. The guy's poured bucket-loads of hard-earned cash into running this place and it is a small ask for us to post, say, at least once a week.

So how about it?thanks John Faulkner for your continued persistence in the improvement of AB :)

Happy B-Day, AB!

I like the new look.thanks dheu :)

David Ikari
24-06-2009, 06:39 AM
Happy Birthday AB! I think I say this every year, but it still seems like not long ago we were all back on the ezboard. Come to think of it, I was still in high school when this place started up.

Nearly a decade of Animeboards!? Why must I be constantly reminded of my age!?! GRAH!

Anyhow. Congratulations George on another year of keeping her going. :)

Coign
24-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Nine year old. Old enough to ask awkward, rattling questions. Old enough to cost a great deal of money. Old enough to know better.

Happy Birthday, AB.

ACE2001
24-06-2009, 01:54 PM
9 years old...god damn!!! Hehe!! What can I say, I love this place! Happy Birthday Animeboards!!:D

hakai
24-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Happy birthday AB. Every year I think of how much richer Evo would be if AB wasn't around.

jk Evo. <3 AB.

oppa
25-06-2009, 12:35 AM
Happy Bday AB! You look as young as ever!

(Except for that wrinkle near your no... err, woo hoo Bday!!)

Project Akira
25-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Happy birthday AB! Stay classy.

Pen2
25-06-2009, 01:37 PM
By internet standards we're eligible for a pension by now, surely. Free walking frames for all!

mrgazpacho
25-06-2009, 05:53 PM
Back to the old "Blue", I see :nod:

Whoah, LiDDoDrAgOn! *pinches cheeks* :kawaii:

Nice to see people still hanging around readingt he notification e-mails... :heh:

John Faulkner
29-06-2009, 07:12 PM
David Ikari,
Coign,
oppa,
mrgazpacho

Really great to see more of the older members coming back and posting! Especially on AnimeBoards's long-waited 9th Birthday.

But how about you guys post some more? I mean, you're not going to just post some birthday greeting once every year are you?

I would fully encourage you all to try and make at least one post whenever you come here. We already have too many members who come here and just don't seem to post for some reason, and these are just riddles wrapped up in an enigma. :smokin:.

Wolfpac
30-06-2009, 09:15 AM
I'm actually surprised that Animeboards hasn't been shut down by now. But it is good to see the old place up and running still. 10 years next year. Where has our lives gone?

David Ikari
02-07-2009, 01:05 PM
John Faulkner - I would be posting more, but I fizzled out with the whole "living in the net" thing one or two years ago. I've only used my PC lately to watch films or find more ludology texts.

I first joined as a 16 year old who skipped class to browse the net and post on AB from inside a cage. AB taught me a lot of things I didn't know I needed to know about living, and now I'm doing that.

I'm 25 years old and am finding there's things in the world I didn't know I needed to know. I plan to devote more time to that. I'll post as I flit through, and will always take pleasure out of coming back in a years time and seeing people making use of the boards. And also be energized in my efforts by seeing that George still keeps AB going. But I doubt I'll ever be as prolific a poster as I used to be. ^^

John Faulkner
03-07-2009, 05:14 PM
John Faulkner - I would be posting more, but I fizzled out with the whole "living in the net" thing one or two years ago. I've only used my PC lately to watch films or find more ludology texts.
If you're into films and games, then why not post in the GNAD and Computer Games forums here? Nobody's asking for you to post every day - that's a misconception peddled by my critics - but you know, how about making one measly post whenever you stop by? I've always said that if all members do that, this place would be pretty active, because we always have about 20 members coming every day, but most of them don't post.

I'm 25 years old and am finding there's things in the world I didn't know I needed to know. I plan to devote more time to that. I'll post as I flit through, and will always take pleasure out of coming back in a years time and seeing people making use of the boards.
Yes, I know what you mean - I'm older than 25 yrs and there's still plenty of ---- to do before I meet my maker. However, I still find it possible to make a few posts here now and then.

And also be energized in my efforts by seeing that George still keeps AB going. But I doubt I'll ever be as prolific a poster as I used to be. ^^
George's immense dedication is enough to inspire anyone; us older members don't have time to be as prolific as we used to be, but it would be just rewards for George if we can make the effort to create a reasonable amount of posts a year. If a few of us start posting more regularly, we can inspire others to do likewise, possibly leading to a snowball effect. :smokin:.

Darkandiel
19-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Oops! I am soooo late for the party.

New layout looks great George, nice job. =)

Elhaym
22-07-2009, 11:01 AM
Yes, happy birthday, online community. You have always been here for me when I was bored at school or bored at home or bored at work. I like you.
Also, I am pleased that John Faulkner has the sensational ability to turn any thread topic towards promoting his cause. Good work, John Faulkner. :cool:

Brutus
12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
happy (belated) Birthday!!