PDA

View Full Version : Competition for best Gundam

Lord_Satorious
12-01-2001, 05:46 PM
OK, I'll discuss why the Full Armor Double Zeta Gundam (the newest Master Grade model I got) could defeat the Wing Gundam Zero in battle.

http://mechadomain.gundam.com/gundam/zz/mecha/fa-010s.jpg

Model number: FA-010S
Code name: Full Armor Enhanced ZZ Gundam
Unit type: prototype general purpose variable mobile suit
Manufacturer: Anaheim Electronics Company
Operator: Anti-Earth United Government
First deployment: UC 0089
Accomodation: pilot only, in panoramic monitor/linear seat cockpit in torso with Core Block System using FXA-07GB Neo Core Fighter

Dimensions:
overall height 23.14 meters
head height 19.86 meters

Weight:
empty 32.7 metric tons
max gross 87.2 metric tons

Construction:
gundarium alloy on moveable frame

Powerplant:
Minovsky type ultracompact fusion reactor, output rated at 7340 kW

Propulsion:
rocket thrusters: 31200 kg x 4
vernier thrusters / apogee motors: 36

Performance:
maximum thruster acceleration 1.43 G

Equipment and design features:
-head-mounted sensors, range 16200 meters
-bio-sensor system
-ejectable external armor and additional armaments, must be ejected before Enhanced ZZ Gundam can transform into G-Fortress mode

Fixed armaments (base MSZ-010S Enhanced ZZ Gundam):
2 x 60 mm double vulcan gun, fire-linked, 400 rounds of ammunition per gun, mounted in head
2 x hyper beam saber, power rated at 1.1 MW, stored in recharge racks in backpack, hand-carried in use, both hyper beam sabers double as 1 x double beam cannon, fire-linked, power rated at 40 MW (2 x 20 MW) total, mounted in backpack
1 x double beam rifle, power rated at 21.2 MW total (2 x 10.6 MW), mounted on right forearm
2 x 18-tube missile launcher, 2 round magazine per tube, mounted on backpack
1 x high mega cannon, power rated at 50 MW, mounted in head, operable in mobile suit mode only

Additional external armor fixed armaments:
2 x 2-tube large missile pod, mounted on torso
1 x 3-tube missile pod, mounted on left forearm
2 x 6-tube spray missile launcher, mounted on shoulders
2 x 8-tube missile pod, mounted on torso
1 x hyper mega cannon, mounted on torso

----------------------

As you can tell from the weapon loadout, the FA-ZZ is VERY well armed. Between the incredible amount of missiles and the double beam rifle, you'd think that be more than enough to take care of the Wing Zero. But no, the high mega cannon is absolutely HUGE. I mean, it's bigger than the FA-ZZ itself (which is quite large in it's own respect). It's much more powerful than the twin buster rifle, and since it's connected directly to the FA-ZZ's reactor, it has infinite blasts.

The FA-ZZ's beam sabers are also insanely long, about as long as the Wing Zero is tall (no exaggeration at all, they are that big). The FA-ZZ also has some powerful thrusters and many small verniers for maneuverability. The extra armor may slow the FA-ZZ down, but it's been compensated for. Furthermore, the FA-ZZ's Biosensor should increase the suit's abilities much more than normal, giving even a Zero System pilot trouble in spades. Kind of like giving a newtype extra newtype powers.

http://www.ehobbyland.com/COME-MG-ZZFullArmor.jpg

Any disaggrement? You know I like disagreement. =)

[Edited by Lord_Satorious on 13-01-2001 at 07:48 AM]

EVA fiend
12-01-2001, 06:03 PM
I'll take your word for it!! :lol: But I think the Wing Gundam Zero looks cooler by far with those mental wings!
BTW, the MG Full Armour Double Zeta Gundam is an amazing kit, but it was an arse to paint!

Lord_Satorious
12-01-2001, 10:10 PM
Why does everyone automatically agree with me? If I wanted agreement, I wouldn't be posting it here.

I didn't bother to paint all of the MG FA-ZZ, just the parts that needed it (thrusters and such).

EVA fiend
12-01-2001, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Satorious
Why does everyone automatically agree with me? If I wanted agreement, I wouldn't be posting it here.

Probably because you know more about Gundam than anyone else...,

Lord_Satorious
12-01-2001, 11:50 PM
Damnit, and I just got here too.

At least ask me questions, keep me busy, yeesh.

Ko Hakaisha
13-01-2001, 12:40 AM
I wouldn't say he knows the most (not saying he doesn't, either).

Question. Don't you think that the ZERO System could give a newtype extra newtype powers as well as that Biosensor?

Lord_Satorious
13-01-2001, 03:07 AM
Not really. All the Zero System does is give a normal pilot inferior abilities that a newtype has innately. It doesn't add anything to the pilot or the suit other than quick response time, which a newtype has more than plenty of. Plus, the loss of control is a large negative factor, and doesn't balance out with the extra speed gained. Overall, a newtype is dangerous enough, without any other equipment to add to his effectiveness.

Draco
21-01-2001, 10:37 PM
The Only Gundam I know if that has a newtype and not part of the Amouro Rei Universe is Gundam X it as a newtype pilot and the pilot can control bit suits much like the nu gundam's funnel thingys, but actual mobile siuts, via the flash system

Zechs Merquise
30-01-2001, 04:00 PM
Yeah, if you load that sucker down with more weaponry than the Death Star, of course it can beat anything. But it does nothing for aesthetic appeal. ;)

Damn that thing has weird feet.

Zechs Merquise
30-01-2001, 07:51 PM
Lord Satorious? you're the guy that put up the Infro archive on GW? I like your site lots!

Bleed
30-01-2001, 09:14 PM
Lord Satorious, what is a Psycho Frame?

Draco
30-01-2001, 10:16 PM
since Lord Satorious hasn't answered yet, i thin ki'll step in. :)

A Pyscho Frame is the what the framework of the Nu Gundam is called, it has the ability to amplify the powers of Newtypes,

sorry

Bleed
31-01-2001, 08:50 AM
well thats good enough for me :)
tnx...

jackal
31-01-2001, 10:06 AM
Lord S, I sure hope that you are painting your models(like I do):)!

Lord_Satorious
31-01-2001, 01:46 PM
Yeah, I have an airbrush, so I can do some nice painting although the Master Grades seem not to need it. A .05mm pen is all you need for panel lining. I hate 1/144th scale and 1/100th HG models, so I paint the Hell out of those. The FAZZ looks fine without any paint, minus some detailing.

The psyco-frame does more than amplify newtype abilities. It has some random effects, like focusing the wills of everyone in battle for a single great effect, and the aura about the mecha is enough to affect newtypes when concentrated.

Ura
01-02-2001, 02:10 AM
I like my Nataku Custom with dual Dragons.