Animeboards.com Forums

Animeboards.com Forums (http://animeboards.com/index.php)
-   Tenchi Muyo (http://animeboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   No Need for Episode Count! The Article in Newtype USA (http://animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=55042)

Robotech Master 04-10-2003 01:48 AM

No Need for Episode Count! The Article in Newtype USA

Newtype USA's most recent issue had a small article on the Third OVA. It's a little behind the Japanese one, so they didn't review the first episode or anything, but I noticed something.

Newtype said that the 3rd Season was 6 episodes long, at 30 minutes an episode save for the first, which is 45 minutes, and that one would be released in Japan every two months.

Now, I had always been under the impression that it was at least 13 episodes long, since the director himself stated one of the main characters, the mysterious "Z" character, to appear in episode 13 of the new OVA.

Anyone know the truth. Is the plot of the 3rd OVA going to be branched into a 4rth?

On a plus side, the pictures they supplied included a picture of the new villain (or one of them).

orochi X 04-10-2003 03:03 AM

The picture of the villian, is it of a guy with a glowing eye? The guy in the opening.

6 episodes, one every two months ... so they are spanning the 3rd OVA season over a year! Yike what a wait ...

Robotech Master 04-10-2003 07:27 PM

Yeah, that's what it said. And yes, the picture is of the guy with the glowing eye and the two spikes portruding from the left side of his head.

ATh 05-10-2003 07:13 AM

well if you take eps 16 of the first oav, add on the next oav = 12 eps (give or take)

ep 13 could be ep 1 of the 3rd oav.

but i ahvent been following this at all so i have no idea.

ATh

iwakura 05-10-2003 10:51 AM

Well...

We've only waited A DECADE for them to resume the OVA, what's another year?

Robotech Master 06-10-2003 12:53 AM

RE: well if you take eps 16 of the first oav, add on the next oav = 12 eps (give or take)

ep 13 could be ep 1 of the 3rd oav.

but i ahvent been following this at all so i have no idea.

OVA 1 was Episodes 1-7. OVA 2 was Episodes 8-13. The episode that just came out in Japan recently was episode 14. Six more total would bring the total to 19. The director said "z" would come out in Episode 13 of the new series, but I don't know if plans changed or if the total plot has now been spanned into multiple future OVA's.

I mean, one episode has already come and gone. Is 5 remaining enough to wrap up the whole Tokimi thing?

EVA fiend 06-10-2003 08:23 AM

A whole year for a 6 eps OAV...? Is that normal for the way OAV releases are dealt with in Japan...? :confused:

ATh 06-10-2003 11:02 AM

i meant 1-6
7 was a special added on after.

ATh

deadpepper 09-10-2003 08:18 PM

SPOILER

I find it strange that Z would appear in the 13th episode.

Z was said to be Tokimi's warrior and he was able to use Lighthawk wings.
The guy with the glowing eye is both able to use Lighthawk wings and is called Tokimi's Champion. He HAS to be Z.

END SPOILER

Seravy 20-10-2003 10:47 AM

yep, he is
if you even look at the end of OVA2 he even looks the same.