Animeboards.com Forums

Animeboards.com Forums (http://animeboards.com/index.php)
-   General and Other Anime (http://animeboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fist Of The North Star (http://animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=57531)

John Faulkner 21-12-2004 03:15 PM

Fist Of The North Star
 
Has anyone seen the series? If so, what did you think of it? I've seen up to the last dubbed episode recently (somewhere in the middle of the Rei storyline), and must admit I did enjoy it to a certain extent despite the rubbish animation. The story really picked up after Kenshiro VS Shin

Destructa 21-12-2004 08:28 PM

I thought the it was ok. It's nothing spectacular or captivating, but it's worth a watch. The fight scenes though, can get really annoying and in a way really stupid.

SamIam 21-12-2004 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Faulkner
Has anyone seen the series? If so, what did you think of it? I've seen up to the last dubbed episode recently (somewhere in the middle of the Rei storyline), and must admit I did enjoy it to a certain extent despite the rubbish animation. The story really picked up after Kenshiro VS Shin

I actually liked it alot ... yes ... by todays standards the artwork is a bit dated and hokey ... but the manga is gorgeous ... especially the full color special editions that have been reissued as of late.

... by the way ... there is alot more to go in regards to the storyline ... the manga went a full 27 manga complations of about 5 eps ... and the tv anime series went at least 2 full seasons (I think actually a little more). Shin is actually the first major challange to Ken ... and as with this genre ... he fights progressively more powerful foes as the plot develops (which has more twists than a daytime soap)

Sam

John Faulkner 28-12-2004 07:58 PM

Destructa
Quote:

The fight scenes though, can get really annoying and in a way really stupid.
I can see they base the idea of pressure points on Chinsese martial arts, but added the spectacular/stupid body fireworks for effect. Some of the fights are quite funny though - a personal favourite being Kenshiro's 100 crack fist of the north star move on the general of God's army - it was hilarious when the guy was propelled upwards slowly by a sudden flurry of punches, considering all he had to do was poke him in the neck. I also like some of Kenshiro's one liners.

SamIam
Quote:

... by the way ... there is alot more to go in regards to the storyline ... the manga went a full 27 manga complations of about 5 eps ... and the tv anime series went at least 2 full seasons (I think actually a little more). Shin is actually the first major challange to Ken ... and as with this genre ... he fights progressively more powerful foes as the plot develops (which has more twists than a daytime soap)
The Shin plot was quite predictable, but after that, it really livened up with Rei coming into the scene. I thought the ending to the Shin saga would be different to what actually happened


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.10
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.