Animeboards.com Forums

Animeboards.com Forums (http://animeboards.com/index.php)
-   Site News (http://animeboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=223)
-   -   Animeboards.com - new style / 8th birthday ! (http://animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=60585)

eva2000 09-07-2008 06:54 AM

Animeboards.com - new style / 8th birthday !

Being pretty busy these days, it's the first time I've actually overlooked Animeboards.com birthday :heh: :o

Yup Animeboards.com went online on June 24, 2000, so 13 days ago, Animeboards.com turned 8yrs old! Yup 8yrs old :eek:

Many old timers have moved on but there's still a few of the original members around, so happy birthday folks! :wavey:

For 2008 there will be changes made - yes long overdue !

Changes made so far:
  • vBulletin forum software upgraded from ancient 3.0.15 to 3.7.2 PL1 - lots of new features so I urge you to check out your User CP and to manage your subscriptions and update your email/password.
  • New forum style refresh with new AB logo
  • Moved older Anime series forums to A-Z archive forum
  • Pruned alot of inactive, 0 post and spam email domain accounts
  • Implement additional anti-spam features for registration page and contact page
  • Set permissions to only allow pm messaging when user has more than 2 posts
To do list:
  • Implement more anti-spam measures to combat post and private message spam bots
  • Add more current/popular anime series forums
  • Archive some forums older content
  • Aim to reduce the number of publicly listed forums to trim some fat from AB forums
  • Further tweak forum style and layout
  • New AB logo - I'll be keeping the character 'Blue' originally made by Nairohe but you guys are free to come up with a better 300x122 pixel logo based on her from these 2 PSD (photoshop files) you can download here and here

Forum account locked emails / PM spam:

Some folks might have gotten forum account locked emails and spam private messages due to an automated spam bots attempts to brute force log into your user accounts and dormant spam bot user accounts which seem active now. Your accounts should be safe unless you used a very basic and easy to guess password. When AB reopens, it's probably best to change your passwords and update your email addresses. Also if you get spam private messages, please let me know the usernames of those spammers via contact admin/mod forums so i can rid the forum of these users. If you no longer visit AB, you can set email notifications from admin etc to NO and remove your thread subscriptions which will stop any more emails being sent your way.

Changing email addresses:

Remember, if you do change your email address, change it to an approved (non-free email address) and make sure to check your new email address for the activation url code so you can re-activate your account. Otherwise, you won't be able to post on the forums until you re-activate your account.

New features:

Along with new forum upgrade, there's a few new features you might want to check out including

mrgazpacho 09-07-2008 11:01 AM

8 years eh... boy the anime scene's changed a bit over that time.

Anyway, cheers, all! :beer:

ACE2001 09-07-2008 01:42 PM

Eight long years!!:D Animeboards is still going strong!! I love this place!!:)

Gundam_pilot01 09-07-2008 03:40 PM

As Ace said, eight years and still going, that's pretty cool :):bigclap::beer::birthday:

eva2000 10-07-2008 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrgazpacho (Post 537846225)
8 years eh... boy the anime scene's changed a bit over that time.

Anyway, cheers, all! :beer:

Thanks mate, sure has changed these days :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACE2001 (Post 537846286)
Eight long years!!:D Animeboards is still going strong!! I love this place!!:)

Thanks for the continued words of support :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam_pilot01 (Post 537846296)
As Ace said, eight years and still going, that's pretty cool :):bigclap::beer::birthday:

thanks .. here's to more years to come :D

DraniX 10-07-2008 04:26 PM

And happy new icon, amirite?

eva2000 11-07-2008 01:17 AM

well I'll be keeping the character 'Blue' originally made by Nairohe but you guys are free to come up with a better 300x122 pixel logo based on her from these 2 PSD (photoshop files)

http://animeboards.com/images/ablogo/blue_chibis.psd

http://animeboards.com/images/ablogo...s_reversed.psd

Tsunami-X 11-07-2008 03:06 PM

I really like the new layout. It's a nice change after so long. :p

Shinobi X 11-07-2008 09:15 PM

8 years now eh? That's pretty long. Keep up the good work Anime Boards! :)
Oh and nice layout by the way. I was a little suprised when I got on. XD

Project Akira 11-07-2008 10:45 PM

Happy 8th birthday AB. Wow I can't believe it's been that long!

Not to trash the charcter, but maybe as a reflection of the times, maybe we could change Blue up a bit? Not drastically so, but maybe do something new with here as reflection of the changes in the board? As someone who does the occasionaly graphic design, it will make things lot easier if we can play with the mascot a little to create an effective design.

eva2000 12-07-2008 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tsunami-X (Post 537846476)
I really like the new layout. It's a nice change after so long. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinobi X (Post 537846484)
8 years now eh? That's pretty long. Keep up the good work Anime Boards! :)
Oh and nice layout by the way. I was a little suprised when I got on. XD

thanks, yeah as someone pointed out a change long overdue :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Project Akira (Post 537846491)
Happy 8th birthday AB. Wow I can't believe it's been that long!

Not to trash the charcter, but maybe as a reflection of the times, maybe we could change Blue up a bit? Not drastically so, but maybe do something new with here as reflection of the changes in the board? As someone who does the occasionaly graphic design, it will make things lot easier if we can play with the mascot a little to create an effective design.

Sure thing if you're up for it - who ever's work does get selected will get permanent credit in bottom footer of all AB pages along with Nairohe for original blue :)

Darkandiel 15-07-2008 05:41 PM

Hi! Congratulations AB on your 8 years. =)

I'm a Graphic Designer so I thought I'd help by updating chibi a bit without actually changing the original character. If you would like the character made into a banner, I don't mind doing that for you, just ask, I've got plenty of time on my hands at the moment. :D

blue chibi

blue chibi reversed

eva2000 19-07-2008 05:26 AM

Thanks Darkandiel, would be great if you could make it into a similar 300x122 banner as in left corner :)

Can't guarantee I'll use it but it will go into consideration with other submissions as such :)

Darkandiel 22-07-2008 04:30 PM

Ah okay!

Yes I will give it a go! :D
It'll give me something to do!

clint999 23-07-2008 06:12 AM

well I'll be keeping the character 'Blue' originally made by Nairohe but you guys are free to come up with a better 300x122 pixel logo based on her from these 2 PSD (photoshop files)

http://animeboards.com/images/ablogo/blue_chibis.psd

http://animeboards.com/images/ablogo...s_reversed.psd