View Single Post
Old 13-12-2002, 05:34 PM   #1   [permalink]
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside Send a message via Yahoo to Darkside
(PAHA) - People Against Humerous Anime

Ok, heres the deal people. First of all allow me to start this thread off by saying this is just an OPINION. I know many of you out there may like humerous anime, but this is not a thread for you.

THis is a thread for all those people out there who watch anime for, the cool action, the kick ass storylines, or the awesome art.
A few examples of my personal favorites are:

Cowboy Bebop
Ninja Scroll
Vampire Hunter D (1 and 2)
Robotech
Gundam Wing
Escaflone
The Big O

I for one, dont find anime funny. I have tried this supposed, "funny" anime, and maybe its b/c Im an american and I cant understand japanese humor, but I cant see how people find this entertaining. I have always found this type of humor as loud and obnoxious. ITs like someones hitting you over the head with a frying pan and yelling in your ear "LAUGH!!!!".

IMHO animes like these clutter up the mainstream. Now as always, there are a few exceptions to the rule. The exceptions include shows like Trigun, and DBZ. Which are supposed to be somewhat humorous, but have the saving grace of either kick ass action (DBZ) or a really cool storyline (Trigun). But I just cant stand it when all an anime is made for is humor. It just seems like a waste of ink.

Does anyone agree?
Futhermore what are your favorite non-humor animes?