Thread: Best Death?
View Single Post
Old 20-09-2002, 03:40 AM   #23   [permalink]
EbbieMay

Send a message via Yahoo to EbbieMay
SPOILERS

The most traumatizing death for me would have to be Nuriko's from FY. It was the first anime death I saw (back in the day), but I was so depressed that I stopped watching the series for a few weeks. Pathetic, ne? He was my favorite. The other deaths were just as heart wrenching (Chiriko asking Tasuki to kill him *shudder*), but I wasn't prepared for Nuriko.

Other note worthy deaths... as not to repeat any....

Bakuretsu Hunters... also gut-tearing. And so wrong. Marron, Gateau, Tira, and Chocolate all sacrifice their lives to save Carrot. All the while Zaha proceeds to destory them one by one as he ridicules them. Then to make it even more gruesome, he impales each one high in the sky and turned them into grisly statues around a traumatized Carrot. Marron got it easy, he was already dead when his stake popped up.

Carrot's screams of pain (especially in the Japanese version) just ripped you apart, and I was bawling by the time Tira died. By the time Big Momma killed herself, I was just too stunned for words. Once the finale showed up, I was so happy that everyone was brought back to life that I forgave them for the cheesy @$$ ending.

There are more, I'm sure, but my brain's not bringing them to mind at the moment.

"Ideas don't work unlesss you do."

Last edited by EbbieMay; 20-09-2002 at 03:42 AM.
EbbieMay is offline   Reply With Quote