Old 20-08-2000, 11:34 AM   #1   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/19/00 2:16:01 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All What is the Tree of Sephiroth ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another term we could discuss

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Tree of Sephiroth]
(Sehuiroto no KI)
A graph of symbols in Kabbalah (A mystery sect of Judaism which built around the mystery interpretations of "Torah" . It represented, as a diagram, the physical rendition of the 3-dimensional images of the spiritual realm. The same diagram can also be found in Gendou's office. The diagram is composed of ten circles linked by 22 paths. It shows the route of how a human can attain the highest possible spiritual level. Moreover, many other interpretations are said to be possible: As a step-by-step diagram for meditation, as a map that shows the way to wisdom, or as a prediction for human's future etc. In ep.26 "Magokoro wo kimi ni", EVA series formed a big Tree of Sephiroth on the sky.

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/20/00 12:14:15 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: What is the Tree of Sephiroth ?
The Otz Chiim, the Tree of Life or the Tree of the Sephiroth. In more recent times there is also the False Sephirah named Daath which straddles the Abyss.

For some info- The 22 Paths are attributed to the 22 Hebrew letters. All three apsect of the Tree are right, It is a very good Glyph for meditation, If one Knows and can follow the Serpent that entwines the Glyph then one can follow the Path to Wisdom, and the Tree as it is presented is a diagram of the Perfect Man.

The Diagram shown in Eva is the typical modern version, (and there are many versions and variations). One way to think of the Tree is that it is the Body of God and the Path of the Fool.
For a very good (and sometimes understandable, well most times) read on the Tree of Life i can recomend Gareth Knight's A Practical Guide to Qabalistic Symbolism. Both volumes.

If there are any questions i would be happy to do my best to help (But i am not a rabbi, and i am still quite young so my ignorance is far greater than my understanding)

ATh

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/21/00 1:34:36 am)
Another tidbit of info i found out tonight in discussion with some friends,

The Tree of Life is mentioned only two times in the Bible.
The first is in the second chapter of the book of Genesis, the second is in the second last chapter in the book of Revelation. Genesis is the first book of the bible and Revelation is the last. There is deliberate symmetry.

ATh

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/21/00 1:55:55 am)
Wow, i am still trying to take in this info

How's it that you know so much about this ATh ?

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/22/00 12:41:39 am)
This really is not much,
Some would say it is by and through Qabalah that God created existance, so to KNOW the Qabalah fully is to KNOW God.

As to how i know about it, i find it not only very interesting but also personally relevent. That tidbit came up in a conversation with someone who has been studing the Qabalah longer than ive been alive (He can also read the Greek new testament which is a big asset).

There are also four ways to look at the Qabalah (and thus Four Trees/Worlds) The Literal, The Philosphical, The Magical and The Mystical. Thats probably why i find the last two episodes so full of meaning.

Im always happy to speak on the subject, i can only learn more by doing so.

ATh