Old 13-01-2001, 09:02 AM   #1   [permalink]
Yebisu Beer Penguin
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Yebisu Beer Penguin Send a message via AIM to Yebisu Beer Penguin
Talking

i need some funny anime. anybody got suggestions?
Yebisu Beer Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2001, 09:06 AM   #2   [permalink]
psycnarf
Forum Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to psycnarf Send a message via MSN to psycnarf Send a message via Yahoo to psycnarf
"City Hunter"
Old 13-01-2001, 09:13 AM   #3   [permalink]
Yebisu Beer Penguin
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Yebisu Beer Penguin Send a message via AIM to Yebisu Beer Penguin
let me rephrase my original title...

what comedy and light hearted anime is good?
Old 13-01-2001, 10:52 AM   #4   [permalink]
Bleed
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to Bleed Send a message via AIM to Bleed Send a message via Yahoo to Bleed
ive only seen some, so i would suggest Nadesico

I dared to love what i could never have.... Lord Feff
Bleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2001, 12:47 PM   #5   [permalink]
Barret
Forum Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to Barret Send a message via AIM to Barret
Project A-ko, Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer and You're Under Arrest, how bout those?

http://video.entropic.nu/thoughts - The crime against humanity by Kusinagi-kun.
http://video.entropic.nu/walls - The webring.
Barret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2001, 02:16 PM   #6   [permalink]
LP

Send a message via ICQ to LP
I just saw "jubei-chan" at my anime club showing last night. It's real funny alright, but I wouldn't really say it's "light hearted."

I'd say love hina was pretty funny and "light hearted." So was Hand Maid May. City Hunter can be freaking hilarious at times. Nadesico can be funny, but at times it can get serious. Irresponsible Captain Tylor was very good and funny as well. Excel Saga is just completely wacked out. I might even add Nuku Nuku in there.

GOLDEN BOY!!! ^_^
LP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2001, 11:10 PM   #7   [permalink]
Petit Charat
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Petit Charat
Hey! Whatta bout Ranma? That is funny! And... hmmm... Not many anime is totally lighthearted and happy. But Ranma sounds good to me.
Petit Charat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2001, 11:34 PM   #8   [permalink]
Morbius
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Morbius Send a message via Yahoo to Morbius
Nadesico is one of the funniest anime series I have seen...

I would also recommend Kareshi Kanojo no Jijoo (His or her Circumstances)... I found it very funny...

And if you want strange, sometimes sick humour, check out Goldenboy... It's hilarious....
Old 14-01-2001, 12:27 AM   #9   [permalink]
BigShot Jordan
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to BigShot Jordan
i'd check out Project A-ko,Saber Marionette J,Tenchi Muyo,Nadesico,Ranma 1/2,Trigun,and the Special Duty:Shinesman if i were you.

see you space cowboys.
Old 14-01-2001, 03:18 AM   #10   [permalink]
Magnus9
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Magnus9 Send a message via MSN to Magnus9
Hmmmmmmm....I dont know very much in this department of anime but 2 of my favorite series are RANMA 1/2 and TRIGUN. They are both lighthearted although TRIGUN can get serious sometimes....but that only lasts for about a second!!

LOVE & PEACE LOVE & PEACE LOVE & PEACE LOVE & PEACE

Life is Peachy
Magnus9
Magnus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2001, 03:14 PM   #11   [permalink]
dejiko

The Slayers series is classic parody. 3 separate shows (4 if you count the Lost Universe spinoff), poking fun at the fantasy genre. It gets a little plot-heavy at times, but never too deep to not involve a little slapstick humor.

Di Gi Charat is pretty good for light-hearted random weirdness without much commitment - it doesn't even take up 3 hours, including the recent 30-minute xmas special. A cynical alien girl comes to Earth to become a singing idol. Based on the mascot for the Gamer's game/anime/card store chain, and insanely popular right now in Japan (live concerts getting sold out and such).

Mahou Tsukai Tai! (US title is something like "i want to use magic!") is light comedy/parody about a school magic club and it's screwy members. It's got great, strange characters that mix well, and it's really smooth from episode to episode. Not laugh-out-loud funny, but it has it's moments.

Ping Pong Club is okay, but it's all twisted toilet humor, which got old pretty quick for me. Loser boys in a school ping-pong club run around in women's clothing and do stupid things because they're loser boys. A bit R-rated, maybe worse (never finished it ^^).

NieA_7 is a cute situation comedy with a little sci-fi for fun, about a girl sharing an apartment with an alien. It was done by the character designer for Lain, so it might throw you off a bit if you're a Lain fan ^^;

Excel Saga is by far the funniest anime i've ever seen, even the plot is little more than a running joke. It's the MST3k of anime, nothing but making fun of every other popular anime and their creators.
dejiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2001, 05:25 PM   #12   [permalink]
Yebisu Beer Penguin
Executive Member

thanks for the suggestions! much appreciated. :-)

but if you still got more anime... i won't stop you and i'll hear what you got to say.