Old 15-07-2002, 04:18 AM   #31   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Ramza don't rely on Madmans site, they have some of the slackest updating around....

There new titles are always announced in their forums, and they haven't officially announced RahXephon just yet, but it's a gimme (It's an adv title and one of the mods (Fatal Outlaws favourite Madman member Stormin Norman ) overheard a madman rep at a store)

Also Siren just got Medabots as well.

Though manga have announced nothing, tey did say they were in trying to get Patlabor Movie 3 (Which Pioneer announced later that day) and they have an option on any future Read Or Die material.

As for AX I'll quote myself from madman's boards

Pioneer conquered AnimeExpo, all the pretalk about licensing was for ADV and bandai and pioneer came out and smashed them.
Sakura Taisen (Wars) The Movie
Gatekeepers 21
Chobits
Tiny Snow Sugar Fairy
Patlabor Movie 3
Mahoromatic Maiden
Aio Yori Aoshi
Fushigi Yugi Gaiden
Lupin the Third(52 TV eps)
Master Keaton

They showed a new work from Y Abe, creator of Lain and Niea_7. Haibane Rengo. Of course this title will be going to Pioneer as well. I suspect at Otakon that SaiKano (this is going to be big) and possibly Yukikaze will go as well and i see either Pioneer or ADV picking up Studio Gonzos other big upcoming anime, Kiddy Grade.

This adds to their already strong line up of

I My Me Strawberry Eggs
Hellsing
Vandread Second Stage
X TV

Fatal Outlaw if you were disappointed with Bandais showing at AX they should make up for it at Otakon
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2002, 04:29 AM   #32   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo
Ramza don't rely on Madmans site, they have some of the slackest updating around....

There new titles are always announced in their forums, and they haven't officially announced RahXephon just yet, but it's a gimme (It's an adv title and one of the mods (Fatal Outlaws favourite Madman member Stormin Norman ) overheard a madman rep at a store)

Delita, actually

And yes, I figured Madman had terrible updating. I'm going to assume that the newsletter has the same curse? I'm not really up for checking their forums continuously.
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2002, 04:52 AM   #33   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

---- and I was like playing FFT two weeks ago.

As for the newsletter I wouldn't know, i don't receive it, I thought you got it sent to you if you are a member on that site but I don't get it shrugs

The only forum you have to check is the Suggestions and Feedback forum, if they announce a whole swag of titles like the they did 3 months ago i'll post it on here.

Also they did a thread in that forum for any animes not licensed by madman and the top ten requested titles are

i'll add the list later tonight in about 2 hours time if i can find it (the search feature on madmans board plainly sucks) gtg
Old 15-07-2002, 07:28 PM   #34   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Quote:
Fatal Outlaw if you were disappointed with Bandais showing at AX they should make up for it at Otakon
they should! i just read at their website that they are announcing the sequel to Crest of the stars, Banner of the Stars. im hoping theyd have Scryed
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2002, 09:57 AM   #35   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Yeah the guy who wrote the novels for crest of stars is going to be their as well. Which is probably why they didn't announce it at AX.

Pen2 I couldn't find that list but Trigun was the number one most requested anime from Madman forum users so they should get it for sure. I'm just hoping they get Escaflowne as well.
Old 16-07-2002, 08:29 PM   #36   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo
Pen2 I couldn't find that list but Trigun was the number one most requested anime from Madman forum users so they should get it for sure. I'm just hoping they get Escaflowne as well.
Yeah, that's what I heard. Doesn't mean I'm waiting any less though
Pen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2002, 08:20 AM   #37   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

awww poor baby

Anyway

Fatal Outlaw, Bandai have licensed the Ghost In The Shell TV series which is a production I.G animation and has music by Yoko Kanno. Surely that makes up for their lackluster AX . Also since they are releasing Kawamoris Arjuna and sponsered his trip to AX and sat next to him during the Macross Zero panel, if thats not a big hint as to whos releasing Macross Zero in the USA I don't know what is.....

And Pen2 this page might be handy for you

http://ariel.ucs.unimelb.edu.au/~mib/madlicenses.html

It's not official but it's based on information from the madman forums, so it's all in an easy place to access for people who can't be bothered searching through the forums. Also Spirited Away is set for January 2003, can't wait to see this movie.

Otakon's 4 days away any more guesses from anybody as to whats being licensed.

here's some from me

SaiKano - Pioneer
Junni Kokki - CPM
Scryed - Bandai
Old 13-08-2002, 09:46 AM   #38   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

I said I'll update on madman stuff here so i'm doing it

THey announced a month ago they got Furi Kuri and Hellsing

And heres some release dates

1. Robotech: - November for box 1, same format as USA releases

2. Eva box: Not allowed to mix ADV/Manga titles - therefore separate boxes for the 8-volume TV series and the 2-volume theatrical releases.

3. Love Hina Logo: Lawrence is taking care of it now. Feedback from the thread in GA noted.

4. Older Titles (e.g. 3x3 Eyes, A-Ko, Alita, etc): Licencing issues making it difficult. A case of wait and see.

5. New Titles: The first of the announcements have come in for public celebration!

- Hellsing: November most likely
- Berserk: most likely December
- Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust: November - also a theatrical season at the Dendy in Sydney in September or October.