Old 17-08-2002, 09:09 PM   #1   [permalink]
ClefFSChan
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to ClefFSChan
Red face Pokemon and all that other junk

What do you think of Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher etc. all those shows that are dubbed to be Western civilizationed? I say we all flame kidswb for a month then maybe they would take that show off the air, I mean hardly anyone watches anymore except little kids who still play with the stuff in there pants and plus its way to repetitive...well, thats my 10 cents x.x
Old 17-08-2002, 09:14 PM   #2   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
well, what i think about Pokemon, Digimon etc, well, i really dont have a problem with those, the more anime, the better. although i do have some ill will towards KidsWB, they dont know how to handle anime, they change anime so it would get high ratings but then, it bombs in the ratings, meanwhile, CN leaves the anime as it is (as in just editing the 'little stuff' and retaining the original name, music etc) and it gets high ratings. youd think KidsWB will learn a lesson from them but so far..no
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2002, 04:35 AM   #3   [permalink]
black_angel
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to black_angel Send a message via Yahoo to black_angel
they lose the coolness that most anime have.............those hundreds of overly cute monsters are a discrase...............WBkids is evil

Last edited by black_angel; 18-08-2002 at 04:38 AM.
black_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2002, 12:57 PM   #4   [permalink]
Bekkichan
Forum Junkie

Send a message via ICQ to Bekkichan Send a message via AIM to Bekkichan Send a message via Yahoo to Bekkichan
I don't have anything against the anime series themselves, really... I even think some of the Pokemon and Digimon are cute. The whole theme among them has been sorely overdone, though... not to mention dubs, in general, blow chunks. Westernization by dubbing has turned otherwise cute, fun anime into a bunch of kiddie shows and toy commercials.

What I'm REALLY sick of is the stupid card games. ><
Old 18-08-2002, 04:27 PM   #5   [permalink]
dmaf2002

They may suck ass, especially pokemon (how many times can an electric rat shock people in a balloon?) But at least it is opening the west to anime
dmaf2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2002, 04:36 PM   #6   [permalink]
Ukiki

i don't have anything against them... there's not reason to really. however, kids WB annoys me with how they mess up anime. pokemon is actually somewhat decent for a kids' show. it doesn't bother me that it isn't "cool" among otakus to like pokemon... i enjoy it... occasionally. not that it comes CLOSE to being as good as bebop, nadesico, EVA, excel saga... and many others i can list 0.o
Old 19-08-2002, 04:53 PM   #7   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
I don't watch those shows because I don't have cable and the few episodes I've watched didn't interest me much. The dubbing tends to bother me as well. If I had the extra time I would probably watch more episodes just to see what appeals so much about them, because they are undeniably popular.

It's something different from the last generation of American cartoons. Let'em go at it if they want.
Drizzten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2002, 07:06 PM   #8   [permalink]
Spike 558
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to Spike 558 Send a message via MSN to Spike 558 Send a message via Yahoo to Spike 558
Pokemon, Digimon, etc are no more toy ads in Japan then they are in western cultures.
Personally, I like Card Captor Sakura. What it lacks in orginality it makes up for in sheer charm
While there are numerous anime which follow the Pokemon formula, CCS is one such anime, done right!
If one of my cartoons has brought joy and laughter to just one person, if I have been able to make just one person simply smile and forget their troubles for only a moment, then that cartoon, clearly, was not worth drawing
- The Complete Far Side
Spike 558 is offline   Reply With Quote