Old 06-10-2002, 01:32 AM   #1   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

Lee from (BOA)

Our very first guest for this new forum is Lee (BOA) - band member of BOA whos song, 'Duvet' was chosen to be the theme song used for the hit anime series, Serial Experiments Lain

please if you have any questions for Lee (BOA) please post them in this thread and he'll be able to reply to this thread.
Old 06-10-2002, 02:19 AM   #2   [permalink]
AnimeWishes
Executive Member

Thumbs up Hiya!

Whats it feel like to have your own music in a part of TV series?
and what do you think of animeboards?
Old 06-10-2002, 02:25 AM   #3   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
First of all hi and welcome to Animeboards

Has the success of Duvet as an anime theme song surprised you at all?
Old 06-10-2002, 02:47 AM   #4   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Hey George, is there anyway we can sort of compile peoples questions and give them to Lee as one list? I'm sort of pitying the poor guy coming over here and then having to sift through a whole barrage of questions which are all asking the same things.
Old 06-10-2002, 03:08 AM   #5   [permalink]
Marius
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Marius Send a message via AIM to Marius Send a message via Yahoo to Marius
Quote:
Originally posted by Pen2
Hey George, is there anyway we can sort of compile peoples questions and give them to Lee as one list? I'm sort of pitying the poor guy coming over here and then having to sift through a whole barrage of questions which are all asking the same things.
Maybe if everybody just posts their questions in this thread and a mod can sort through and compile them later.
Old 06-10-2002, 03:15 AM   #6   [permalink]
MDWigs
Forum Elite

Send a message via ICQ to MDWigs Send a message via Yahoo to MDWigs
Hi Lee. Two quick questions.

Recently the creator/producer of Lain, Yasuyuki Ueda, was asked why he chose Boa's Duvet as the opening theme song for Lain. He said it was because the music was so nice and that he was really impressed and touched by the lyrics. I know Jasmine wrote the lyrics, but would you care to give us any insight into their inspiration?

Also, in the same interview, Yoshitoshi ABe (character designer of Lain) said he was very impressed when he heard you live at Otakon. How was it performing before an audience of obsessive anime Otaku, as opposed to doing, dare I say, a "regular" gig?
"Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be -- or to be indistinguishable from -- self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."
--Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old 06-10-2002, 03:16 AM   #7   [permalink]
Pen2
Senior Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Pen2
Quote:
Originally posted by Marius
Maybe if everybody just posts their questions in this thread and a mod can sort through and compile them later.
Yeah, I was just talking about that to E2k. If Lee or others want a compiled list of questions, I'd be more than happy to go over the thread and make one. Eva Type-R's also offering to.

Of course, that's assuming Lee wants to do it that way. The option's here if he wants it.
Old 06-10-2002, 04:47 AM   #8   [permalink]
EVA Type-R
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to EVA Type-R
Yup. I'd be happy to offer my "services" for the whole question thing, if that's how the plan goes.

Anyways, welcome to AB, Lee. I'm Sijo, the guy who pointed you to the site. Have great fun, man. And keep the members of Boa coming.
Old 06-10-2002, 05:18 AM   #9   [permalink]
Excession

Welcome, as others have said, to www.animeboards.com

I was wondering, what was your opinion of the series Serial Experiments Lain, in which Duvet was used?

Also, assuming the song was written before being chosen for the anime in question, was SE Lain in-keeping with the original feeling that Duvet tried to impress upon listeners?
Old 06-10-2002, 08:09 AM   #10   [permalink]
hulk

welcome to animeboards

have a good time on animeboards
Old 06-10-2002, 09:45 AM   #11   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Welcome to our forums Lee.

I was wondering if after all the exposure you and your band have had with anime & its fans, whether you pursued an interest in any [anime]. Or perhaps look for more contracts with anime producers?
..or did you run as far away as you could from the weirdos who take cartoons entirely too far
Old 06-10-2002, 09:45 AM   #12   [permalink]
lp192000

First off, Hello!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MDWigs
...Also, in the same interview, Yoshitoshi ABe (character designer of Lain) said he was very impressed when he heard you live at Otakon. How was it performing before an audience of obsessive anime Otaku, as opposed to doing, dare I say, a "regular" gig?
next, i was wondering if Boa is planning on performing at anymore conventions

Old 06-10-2002, 10:03 AM   #13   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Damn, Someone took my question... MDWigs...

Well I'll think of something else, in the matters of something more lighthearted and not about these people's personal lives...

"How many fish can you name?"
-Bishop Oro
Old 06-10-2002, 11:08 AM   #14   [permalink]
DrZepp
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to DrZepp Send a message via AIM to DrZepp
Hmm... the three questions i would want to get out of the way first would be:

1. What bands or artists have and continue to influenced your music?

2. How do you feel about the single Duvet being widely accepted in the anime community, and do you ever get sick of hearing/playing it?

3. If you had to choose, what would be your favorite Boa song?
Old 06-10-2002, 11:36 AM   #15   [permalink]
Lee (BOA)

Hello all,
Thankyou for inviting me and the rest of the band to Animeboards. I will try to answer as many questions as I can for you. The lyrics for duvet were written by Jasmine and so I shall leave that question for her . The Otakon fest was a great experience and so to was the animefest in Dallas. I learnt alot about anime and manga as to be honest I really didn't know much about it before. I used to like the old cartoons and things and things like doctor katz, but from what I saw at the conventions things like Lain, Sailor moon and others have taken anime to a whole new level for me. When I first watched lain I was very suprised at the quality and the feeling an anime could give to you. When we played at Otakon it was great but the sound was not good as the hall was not really built for live music however the enthusiasm of everyone there really lifted us and so as I said we had a great time. As for the difference between a convention and a regular gig Mmmm, Well not much really apart from alot of the crowd know the words to Duvet (Laughs). Hey Black night, what sort of fish? you mean like cod and rock and gold fish? (Laughs). We would like to thank all of the people who came to see us on our UK tour and it was great meeting some of you. Anyway I will be back asap and hopefully I will bring some of the others in too. Thanks again.
Lee (BOA)