Old 29-10-2002, 10:41 AM   #31   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

I admit I haven't heard of those two yet, but they sound intriguing-when were they released? Monster foods-yeah I can imagine it Burgermon VS Spaghettisaurus . Are they being shown on digital?

On the whole 'Mon' thing- I think the concept could so easily be extended to make an anime that is more 'adult-looking':
For example: instead of characters having giant robots, they could each have a monster (like a demon dog). Of course, there would have to be an original plot too, and 'serious' characters.

Pokemon: Fifth series (Pokemon-Master Quest) now being shown in English-I thought the intro was a real Frankenstein job (with clips within episodes, and from Japanese 4th and 5th intros), but the song is sort of catchy (I liked the first line's lyrics). I liked the episode about the Pudgey Pidgey. And the plot suddenly going off on a tangent-'The Whirled Cup'!? Anyone with views on that?
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-12-2002, 01:49 AM   #32   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Well plot holes are common since the Americans do have a tendancy to switch eps around... Look at cardcaptors... Other than that, I have yet to watch pokemon, but what I just saw was apparently the Forth season of Digimon... Interestingly, these new humans do not have any parthers but they do something like a bio-merge with a spirte of one... Not quite sure but probably since they have a naked transformation...
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-2002, 10:30 AM   #33   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Fourth series of Digimon already (and naked transformations)!? Is it a continuation of the third series, or a brand new plot? Has Digimon evolved in terms of sexual representation? I sort of lost out on the the later episodes of the third series when I stopped receiving Fox Kids.

On the Pokemon front, I saw a few pictures of what looks like the sixth series in Japan, and Misty has changed her hair colour to brown, and all the characters have changed their outfits (finally). Looks interesting.......... and Richie finally showed up in the fifth series in a two-parter (anyone see that?),
Old 24-12-2002, 01:45 PM   #34   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
It is a new series, free standing but there still are some of the old digimon, like the pogomon and raremon, the ones I saw... But by the looks of it, they summon their digimon through their digivice, but they don't have parthers as of yet...

I remember seeing one Pokemon eps where at the end, Ritche's Pikachu appers, so I'm betting that's what I saw...
-Bishop Oro
Old 26-12-2002, 10:28 AM   #35   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Yeah, that's the one. Richie's Pikachu Sparky appears and does battle with Butch and Cassidy. The Lugia (one of the legendary Pokemon)was impressive but the plot was lame. Best part was when Butch and Cassidy met James and Jesse.

So this new series of Digimon, is it on Fox Kids or is it still waiting for a translation? Do the characters still have flat faces (like in Hey! Arnold)?
Old 12-01-2003, 04:39 PM   #36   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Nope, it seems that Fox would have gotten it, with the Fox Family cable station... But that was sold out and became ABC Family... So ABC seems to hold the rights... UPN, which runs ABC shows, well mainly, cartoons... Disney ones I mean... Is the block that it is running in... Unforunatly, they must be run it at another time as well, because I have been gapping a lot of episodes...
-Bishop Oro
Old 13-02-2003, 11:33 PM   #37   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

I thought it was a good way of creating new stuff out of the old mold... Spirt evolution, a new theme song, and to the point where there are even no partners in this one! Digimon frontier also doesn't have as much pop culture puns in it either!

The hit upside the head was that FOX KIDS will not be showing Digimon anymore since Saban Entertainment sold their stuff to Disney._ So it will be on ABC family or your local UPN station... All weekday mornings and sunday morning as well... Unforunatly, the UPN I get doesn't run the weekday ones so I get shafted there... Ah well...

The chosen children in this season become Digimon themselves in order to help save the Digital World._ The story behind this season is that there were three angel Digimon, one being Seraphimon, ruled the Digital World peacefully._ The one known as Kerpymon went wild and started taking power for his own; Disrupting the balance of the Digital World, causing everything to break up into Digital Codes and adding to Kerpymon's growing power._ Seraphimon called upon the TEN ANCIENT Digimon to seal Kerpymon and save the Digital World._ They were unsuccessful and turned into Spirits._ The chosen children must defeat Digimon with these digital codes to restore the Digital World to its original glory and stop Kerpymon.

___ In order for the children to Digivolve, they must acquire the spirits of the ten ancient Digimon and Spirit Evolve into the Digimon according to their Element._ The New Digi-Destined are Takuya, Kouji, Zoë (Izumi), JP (Junpei), and Tommy (Tomoki)

more information on it is here

http://angelandmatt.topcities.com/frontier.html

And also, I might add, the most of the English names sound better than the Japanese names... Weird isn't it? Then again, you can't go wrong with a digimon wearing a grather belt!
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg zephyrmon.jpg (72.9 KB, 9 views)
-Bishop Oro

Last edited by Black_Knight; 13-02-2003 at 11:34 PM.
Old 18-02-2003, 12:07 PM   #38   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

VERY interesting- I particularly like the idea of the humans turning into Digimon themselves. And check out that logo- much better than the old one.

From the screenshots, the kids' heads seems to have reverted back to the second and first series' style. And good to see that one of the characters isn't as skinny as a beanpole! But all in all, it's looking very promising, I checked out Zephyrmon (nice name) and the design is OK. If the story is up to scratch, then it should be worth seeing (by me anyway).

And since Disney have got the rights, I'd better check to see if the Disney channel is showing it or not.............

What did you think of the fourth series having seen it? Do you think it has the potential to surpass the third one?
Old 14-04-2003, 09:49 PM   #39   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

A couple of new things have croped up while watching the scraps I can collect. First and most importantly I found out that the names of the Digimon are actually American named, not like the orignal where if their was a problem with the name of the digimon they had to go through a lot of editing of the names that pop up during the transformation sequince....

Also WB ran a sneak peak of Pokemon Advance which the character you saw was not Misty but a new character called May. She is one of the two main characters you can select in Ruby/Saphhire. Misty and Brock are gone, I missed most of the first episode they showed so I 'll never know what happened, but May is much like Ash when he started except the pokemon she starts with, Torchick, is loyal to her from the start...
-Bishop Oro
Old 18-04-2003, 07:23 PM   #40   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Hmm, so you mean they used the American version of the Digimon names in the Japanese version too? Still looking for a channel that shows the fourth series of Digimon……..

And a new series of Pokemon with new characters!? This I have got to see! Which channel was it shown on? I’ve heard that Brock goes away temporarily, but Misty too, that is a shock. I have always been amazed by the staying power of Brock, and Jesse and James still produces the laughs (if you can forgive the camera panning across them while they say their motto-although they try hard to vary the words). But it would be great to have some new characters (ditch the old ones temporarily) to spice up the action, particularly now that Gary has become all soft on Ash (I miss the old rivalry). Were there new bad guys in the episode you saw?

Quote:
Black_Knight
May is much like Ash when he started except the pokemon she starts with, Torchick, is loyal to her from the start...
Ha, Torchick, funny name. Come to think of it, why was Pikachu so hard on Ash at the start anyway?
Old 26-04-2003, 10:21 PM   #41   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by John Faulkner
Hmm, so you mean they used the American version of the Digimon names in the Japanese version too? Still looking for a channel that shows the fourth series of Digimon……..

And a new series of Pokemon with new characters!? This I have got to see! Which channel was it shown on? I’ve heard that Brock goes away temporarily, but Misty too, that is a shock. I have always been amazed by the staying power of Brock, and Jesse and James still produces the laughs (if you can forgive the camera panning across them while they say their motto-although they try hard to vary the words). But it would be great to have some new characters (ditch the old ones temporarily) to spice up the action, particularly now that Gary has become all soft on Ash (I miss the old rivalry). Were there new bad guys in the episode you saw?

Ha, Torchick, funny name. Come to think of it, why was Pikachu so hard on Ash at the start anyway?
No the Japanese names were changed in the American version. Not the other way around.

Also this time around team auqa and magma are the villians, and to make things interesting, Jesse and James followed Ash to the Houen region and Giovanni made them the regional commanders of team rocket in the Houen region... Of course their the ONLY members in the area. Magma made an apperance in the second episode raiding some ruins and holding a local scientice hostage. Ash and the members didn't have showdown so Magma got away safely. Jesse and James ran into team Magma as well but they surried off when Magma unleashed their Houndooms... Other than that, It's going to be a long way to the first gym. They'll gonna introduce Wally (A boy of poor health who bonds with a Ralts) and May's father, who is the gym leader, but they will face off later in the series.
-Bishop Oro