Old 08-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #1   [permalink]
Guildenstern
Forum Addicted

"Hamtaro"

I saw this little show the other day while sick with the flu, it's about kind-hearted hamsters that have adventures and try to do things that people do in their sickeningly cute "ham-ham" way. This is all well and good, a fine show for children; But what is up with the male characters? It's okay for a man to be sensative and considerate of course but it seems that one of the requisites to be a male character on hamtaro is a lack of testes, the men on that show break down in to tears or have a nervous breakdown after losing a sock and stupid crap like that. "Oh no! I lost my sock, instead of looking for it I'm going to sit on the floor and bitch." Seriously.
Old 08-06-2003, 03:33 PM   #2   [permalink]
SenshiNaka
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to SenshiNaka Send a message via Yahoo to SenshiNaka
Re: "Hamtaro"

Quote:
Originally posted by Guildenstern
But what is up with the male characters? It's okay for a man to be sensative and considerate of course but it seems that one of the requisites to be a male character on hamtaro is a lack of testes, the men on that show break down in to tears or have a nervous breakdown after losing a sock and stupid crap like that. "Oh no! I lost my sock, instead of looking for it I'm going to sit on the floor and bitch." Seriously.
Ok ive heard this show was stupid and to not watch it, but youve just gave me another reason to want to see it just so i can crack up at it...
SenshiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:18 PM   #3   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

The show is meant for young children, so of course its not exactly mature material. It is however sickenly cute with hamsters I would probably hug to death in real life because they are so incredibly cuddly I'd over do it. Oh and it features quite a few English VAs from Gundam Wing, lol. (I believe Wu Fei's voice and one of the other pilots...)

I've only seen about 2 episodes myself. I thought it was all right for a kids show. You know, the hamsters solve problems non-violently and be all cute an' cuddly.
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 11:54 PM   #4   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
hamtaro's a good show, if i were younger, i'll definatly follow the series, but im not. its worth checking out though, season 2 started recently
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2003, 03:20 PM   #5   [permalink]
Buray

yeah it's for the younger people. even then though, i find it light hearted and amusing. quite entertaining really. and that stupid opening song just can't get out of my head.
Buray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2003, 07:23 PM   #6   [permalink]
jennwenn
Forum Addicted

Quote:
Originally posted by Buray
yeah it's for the younger people. even then though, i find it light hearted and amusing. quite entertaining really. and that stupid opening song just can't get out of my head.
Yeah I LOVE the ending and opening themes, Japenese AND English versions. It doesn't get any cuter than that!
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2003, 08:26 PM   #7   [permalink]
matsu
Forum Junkie

Yeah it's really cute, but not something I would watch ^_~
matsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 06:40 PM   #8   [permalink]
Guildenstern
Forum Addicted

Actually the point I wanted to discuss was the demasculinization of the male human characters, but whatever.
Old 18-06-2003, 07:08 PM   #9   [permalink]
tfcreate
Forum Elite

Send a message via AIM to tfcreate
I watch it form time to time. It's an interesting diversion. An anime where nobody is angst ridden or trying to kill each other.

TFC
tfcreate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2003, 10:09 PM   #10   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
I like to catch the ending. The dancing is really cute.

As for plot, I just pay attention to all those cute hamsters...

iwakura is offline   Reply With Quote