Old 05-09-2004, 06:34 PM   #1   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

The world of Who Framed Roger Rabbit--in Japan!!!

I just recently re-watched an old childhood favorite of mine, the liveaction/animated movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

So I began to think to myself, what if we applied the concept of the world in this movie to beyond America? For those of you who haven't seen this movie, its a film which takes place in a world where cartoon characters and regular people co-exist on Earth. The cartoons are created on paper and then come to life, and they actually act our the cartoons that are shown on TV like how real life actors act our their characters on sitcomes or what have you. Although the Cartoons are still pretty much like their usual selves: eye popping, never dying, slap sticking, etc. They can walk out among the real world, but their main home is Toon Town, a whole animated world connected to the real world via a normal tunnel that you can drive or walk through.

What would happen if, in this world, there was also an Anime Land in Japan. All the Anime characters from all the anime series ever created co-exist with humankind, and have their own toon town, or animeland we'll call it, where they dwell when their not walking amongst us.

What would Japan be like? What would it be like to have these characters interacting in the real world? How would the characters being 'actors' effect the way anime is made? What would the anime land be like compared to the Toon Town from the Rogger Rabbit movie?

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2004, 09:09 PM   #2   [permalink]
onop

Send a message via ICQ to onop Send a message via AIM to onop Send a message via MSN to onop Send a message via Yahoo to onop
If Japan had a gateway into anime, the enitre country would be an epic orgy of wild hentai sex.

Just tell her to leave my Digi Charat underwear alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, how the mighty have fallen. Nerd.
onop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 12:31 AM   #3   [permalink]
Lurker
Forum Addicted

Originally Posted by Robotech Master
How would the characters being 'actors' effect the way anime is made?
I believe some of them would find alternate employment.
Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2004, 01:01 AM   #4   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Originally Posted by Lurker
I believe some of them would find alternate employment.

That's stupid, Special Veicule division 2 wouldn't be doing that. They'd be destroing it!
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2004, 05:44 PM   #5   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Now if you look past the bit about dropping an anvil on your head and still surviving, then really American cartoons are mostly harmless. Just kids fun. But a lot of characters in Anime are very evil. Even the kids Anime like Dragonball Z and Yu-Gi-Oh! have very evil characters. So if there really was a word called "Animeland" then the word would be destroyed 100 times over.

But if they were all just actors just playing a bad role then I guess it would just be like Toon Town. But with more seriousness to it.

Just on Who Framed Roger Rabbit, I really liked that movie because they actually got the Disney Characters and Warner Brotherís characters to co-exist. It like a massive crossover.
Old 18-11-2004, 01:52 PM   #6   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
Just on Who Framed Roger Rabbit, I really liked that movie because they actually got the Disney Characters and Warner Brotherís characters to co-exist. It like a massive crossover.
Well Disney was able to twist the arm of Warner Brother's, or was it the other way around? But yes, if the evil megolomaiacs were also there, goodbye world. Unless it's like Superior Defender Gundam, than it would be good.
-Bishop Oro
Old 04-12-2004, 12:20 PM   #7   [permalink]
Bradster
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Bradster Send a message via MSN to Bradster
Originally Posted by Wolfpac
Now if you look past the bit about dropping an anvil on your head and still surviving, then really American cartoons are mostly harmless. Just kids fun. But a lot of characters in Anime are very evil. Even the kids Anime like Dragonball Z and Yu-Gi-Oh! have very evil characters. So if there really was a word called "Animeland" then the word would be destroyed 100 times over.

But if they were all just actors just playing a bad role then I guess it would just be like Toon Town. But with more seriousness to it.

If it was just actors, can you imaging finding... Vegeta... working in a soup kitchen? Unfortunately, the existence of Judge Doom shows there were evil toons, even if they are a rarity.

WFRR rocks. I bought that the day it came out on DVD. I still think that Jessica Rabbit's sequined dress was an eye-popping achievement (and I don't mean that in a perverted way for once). The Disney/Warner crossover was interesting to see, but since they were all 2ndary characters with only a few lines each, the major interaction was probably with real-life lawyers.
Bradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 10:13 PM   #8   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

yeah, but the part with Daffy and Donald playing piano...pure genius.

Daffy: "This is the last time I work with someone who has a speech impediment."

Robotech Master
Old 07-12-2004, 04:12 AM   #9   [permalink]
TeldakSS
Forum Junkie

If that happened, we may well be able to gather all the electricity we'd ever need! Think about it: We get some weird-science anime professor to create a device that would thrive off of the brainwaves that signify angst and create electricity from that. Just throw in Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien characters or some such series and humanity will never need to rely on fossil fuels again.
TeldakSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 04:28 AM   #10   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

We'd have Washu. Earth would become more advanced than the greatest Sci-Fi civilization ever imagined.

Robotech Master
Old 11-12-2004, 11:13 PM   #11   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by Robotech Master
We'd have Washu. Earth would become more advanced than the greatest Sci-Fi civilization ever imagined.

Depends on which Series you're refering to. The OVA/OAV or TV series. If it's the OVA/OAV, we might have a chance, if it's the TV series Washu... We're fucked
-Bishop Oro
Old 12-12-2004, 03:16 AM   #12   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

eh...I'd say that alternate reality interpretations of series would be explained as the original 'actors' returning to their old roles but being told to play the character a little different this time around. So really the only Washu is the OVA Washu!!

Robotech Master