Old 09-10-2004, 09:25 PM   #1   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Once again, anime on CN updates

it's been a while since I've actually posted here on AB...and the times I did is about...anime on CN! Most of the news are quite outdated now...and you can easily find out the dates on adultswim.com or toonzone.net (shameless plug).

Anyhow, Gundam SEED will be OFF Toonami and will switch to Friday's at 1 am in the morning, replacing .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu's timeslot. Rurouni Kenshin will be replacing SEED's timeslot.

For adult swim, 4 movies was aquired, Metropolis (scheduled for Jan 1, 05 last time I checked), Bebop the Movie and the first two Inu Yasha movies.

Finally, Zatch Bell! will be premiering on CN this winter or spring 05 (kinda lazy to check )
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 11:22 PM   #2   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Originally Posted by Fatal Outlaw
..and you can easily find out the dates on adultswim.com or toonzone.net (shameless plug).
Too bad toonzone doesn't include Adult Swim and G4TechTV stuff. Useful, but not completely useful. But, I'm not shooting the messager -- it's not your fault that it's not complete.

Quote:
Anyhow, Gundam SEED will be OFF Toonami and will switch to Friday's at 1 am in the morning, replacing .hack//Tasogare no Udewa Densetsu's timeslot. Rurouni Kenshin will be replacing SEED's timeslot.
Sigh, I'll miss .hack, it was sooo kawaii.

Quote:
For adult swim, 4 movies was aquired, Metropolis (scheduled for Jan 1, 05 last time I checked), Bebop the Movie and the first two Inu Yasha movies.
That's good stuff to show.

Quote:
Finally, Zatch Bell! will be premiering on CN this winter or spring 05 (kinda lazy to check )
This is the first I've heard of it. Is it any good? is it kawaii?
Old 10-10-2004, 01:22 PM   #3   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by iwakura
Too bad toonzone doesn't include Adult Swim and G4TechTV stuff. Useful, but not completely useful. But, I'm not shooting the messager -- it's not your fault that it's not complete.
Actually, it does. There's the Adult Swim Info Central (A Toonzone site), and it pops up on the news ticker every now and then (I'm not in charge of that though). Same with G4TechTV, except it's usually grouped in with the other anime news, opposed to getting their own headline. Speaking of G4TechTV, Gungrave and ROD the TV just premeried.

edit: also, there's a thread in the forum called "Ask a Funi rep" where you can ask Lance Heiskell from Funimation different questions about their properties.

and just in case anyone is wondering, I'm a reporter for Toonzone...except I haven't done one in 2 months...

Last edited by Fatal Outlaw; 10-10-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Old 12-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #4   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Toonzone reporter sounds like a fun gig!

What I was comenting on was a single schedule page that included Toonami, Adult Swim and G4TTV.. It was cartoon focused, at the exclusion of anime it seemed.

As for ROD TV -- they skipped forward to episode 12. Kinda like watching spoilers. Hope they show it straight through the next time. I really like that series.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:37 PM   #5   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by iwakura
Toonzone reporter sounds like a fun gig!
It was. Except the news editor hogs all the sources to himself The good thing is you get the view reviews and see news before it gets posted. IE, the Geneon/ADV/Funi alliance, i knew it before it went to the news sites.
Old 29-01-2005, 11:34 PM   #6   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Bumping thread...

Hell. According to ANN, AS has got Samurai Champloo and Paranoia Agent lined up to start playing this summer.

to the people at AS.

I'm impressed, especially about Paranoia Agent. It's awesome to see AS still headed in the right direction, getting top-of-the-line anime. Especially the anime that I never thought I'd see on network TV. I never believed that FLCL could make it to TV. And Paranoia Agent is just as unexpected.

Think about it. Samurai Champloo. Paranoia Agent. Fullmetal Alchemist. GITS:SAC. Etc., etc. Anime with high production values and very recent releases.

Damn good stuff.

And, dammit all, I just have to be stuck in Purgatory without access to a TV. Figures.
Old 31-01-2005, 09:22 AM   #7   [permalink]
sidewinder
Forum Addicted

Arrrr..what about Escaflowne? Fox should've lost their rights to it by now, so when is CN going to pick it up?

vBulletin Message:
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 11:18 AM   #8   [permalink]
Drizzten
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Drizzten
The dub for Escaflowne is so bad on my DVDs that I wouldn't be surprised to know the folks at AS might think it isn't worthy for the programming block...
Old 31-01-2005, 11:47 AM   #9   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Yes the dub for Escaflowne is awful, they totally fucked up Dillandau's voice and stfu Merle..... though they improved vastly for the movie dub.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 01:58 PM   #10   [permalink]
sidewinder
Forum Addicted

Bah...I think the difference is merely academic....especially if you haven't actually seen the original. Van, Folken, and Hitomi were still very good imo and merle was just as annoying as ever (I didn't see any difference between the two merle's..although I haven't seen the entire dub). The only things I don't like about the dub are Dryden (I only heard him in the movie dub and I like the original jap series dryden better) and Dilandau's non-psychotic voice.

vBulletin Message:
Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 09:07 PM   #11   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Originally Posted by dheu
Bumping thread...

AS has got [...] Paranoia Agent lined up to start playing this summer.[...]
Sugoi!

That's one I wanted to see...