Old 05-01-2005, 12:42 PM   #1   [permalink]
iritlus

anime site :)

well i saw this topic and thought it will be a good idea to post here my site i have been working on.

http://www.oceandepth.tk

this is an anime site that has galleries, info, forums, link and so and so
im still working on this site but it is already opened. i welcome you to check it out

Last edited by iritlus; 10-01-2005 at 08:11 AM.
iritlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #2   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Nice looking site, though there are some things you might want to change/fix/do .., firstly there's gap between your banner and the two frames below, and why not have an anime themed banner? Because if I just stumbled across your website I wouldn't be able to tell it was an anime site. The text looks cramped I suggest marginal spacing also with your text try to keep it down to one or two sizes, one default font throughout and same with hyperlinks (it's a bit of an eye sore your Links page with all that colour) for consistency. Also your side menu ala "Menu", "GALLERY", "Plus" and "other" .. not very consistent with one in all upper case, another in all lower and the rest with a capital then all lower, same with the links some have a capital then lower case and some are all just lower case.

Sorry about all that C&C, it's your website and it's your choice wether you heed it or ignore it, anyway keep up the good work.
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 04:54 PM   #3   [permalink]
Nokari
Forum Master

As soon as I obtain a new copy of Photoshop, I can make better graphics for you, if you'd like. I used to work for a graphic design company for 3 yrs.
Old 06-01-2005, 08:13 AM   #4   [permalink]
iritlus

lol. this is the first time i opend a site and i am learning everything by myslef so yea i know its not so good.

the banner changes in the galleries... the main banner will be probebly changes one day

whats funny is that my host closed my site today... they closed all of the free accounts
now i need to find a better host

Last edited by iritlus; 08-01-2005 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #5   [permalink]
Otagi327

I like it good job.

I cant wait till your site gets back up and running cus you have alot of pictures and there not working . Cant wait to see em.

Last edited by Otagi327; 10-01-2005 at 10:13 AM.
Otagi327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 06:40 AM   #6   [permalink]
Sigurd Fatima
Forum Master

I see that you are changing hosts. Let us know when everything is back up so we can check out the galleries.
Sigurd Fatima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #7   [permalink]
iritlus

ok i will
the moment i will finish fixing one problem then i am sure i will be able to bring the site up fast
if it wont work then it will take me alot of time...
Old 18-02-2005, 03:50 PM   #8   [permalink]
iritlus

i have a new hosts and im starting to upload things again! i have a few galleries up already and i have a new layout

http://www.oceandepth.tk
Old 18-02-2005, 05:43 PM   #9   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

I don't really see the necessity of the splash page for your site, generally splash pages tell the users what is required to view the website such as what resolution, popups and what not.

Anyway you have a large white gap on the right hand side and bottom you might want to fix. Also the "Updates or Affiliates" subheader overlaps the "English Forum" link

Whilst orange is the complement colour of blue the orange links I'm not really liking same with the yellow hover (yellow is quite hard to see on the blue)

With the episode lists, the lists that are in an iframe are a larger size font then the rest, I suggest have the font size the same throughout for consistency.

Withe the galleries section, the image links to each series you might want to have the dimensions of them all the same again for consistency as pretty much all of them are different in dimensions. Also it's hard to tell which of the galleries are active and which are not, you have to move the cursor over them to find out which is a bit of a pain, might I suggest just having the active galleries listed. And another suggestion have the images open in a new window.

You spelt original art as origianl art.

Again like I said last time this is your site so you can choose to take my suggestions or ignore them. Anyway keep up the work.
Old 19-02-2005, 08:00 AM   #10   [permalink]
iritlus

Originally Posted by orochi X
I don't really see the necessity of the splash page for your site, generally splash pages tell the users what is required to view the website such as what resolution, popups and what not.

Anyway you have a large white gap on the right hand side and bottom you might want to fix. Also the "Updates or Affiliates" subheader overlaps the "English Forum" link
i started this layout when is was a pop up page but someone told me that some ppl wont be able to view it if it is... so i changed it and that is why i have the white gaps... (also the splash page is good for my domain name, if im gonna switch hosts again)

i dont know what ur talking about the english forums... i see it ok:
http://img84.exs.cx/img84/2879/123jf.jpg

but i was thinking of maby using this layout:
http://img156.exs.cx/img156/4660/742zg.jpg

Last edited by iritlus; 19-02-2005 at 08:33 AM.
Old 19-02-2005, 03:27 PM   #11   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

What browser are you viewing your site on? Maybe it's just Maxthon browser which has that overlapping.

As for using premade layouts by others, I can't say I'm a big fan of that but hey it's your choice.