Old 26-01-2005, 11:42 PM   #1   [permalink]
Kurai Kodomo
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Kurai Kodomo Send a message via AIM to Kurai Kodomo
appleseed: any good or rotten core?

I was just watching Samurai Champloo earlier today and saw a trailer for Appleseed. If I remember right I've heard good things, but I'm not sure if I'm thinking of the same show or not. From what I saw though it seemed interesting but the animation wasn't really my style. So I was wondering if it was any good?
Old 05-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #2   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Which version was it? The 1988 OAV or the 2004 movie? The OAV had traditional cel animation, whereas the movie uses CGI...,

The OAV version sucks IMO, the animation is ok, but the characterization & story line are way off..., contrived bollocks..,

The movie looks fantastic.., the CGI animation is stunning to watch.., but I've only seen the movie in raw Japanese, so I'm not sure how well the plot runs..,

My opinions are based on the fact that I'm a hard core fan of the manga series.., if you haven't read the manga then you'll probably enjoy either version of the anime incarnations..,

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:38 PM   #3   [permalink]
Kurai Kodomo
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Kurai Kodomo Send a message via AIM to Kurai Kodomo
It was the movie I suppose, cause it looked newer and was in cgi, which is what threw me off about it. Cause I'm not the bigest fan of cgi movies. I mean there ok if the artists go into as much detail as they did for FF: spirits within. But other than that I don't really care for it. I like the traditional style of anime and think cgi should be used to aid that style and blend seamlessly. That's just my taste, but if the story line is good I'm still gonna have to check it out.
Old 07-02-2005, 06:45 PM   #4   [permalink]
DarkSchneider

Send a message via AIM to DarkSchneider
The first time I've seen Appleseed was the 2004 movie, which was about a month ago. I thought it was cool. CGI was awesome, but I didn't get part of the story. Ah well. But it was awesome to watch. I'd recommend it to all my firends, and it's good to watch if you're an anime newb too.
Old 25-02-2005, 09:32 AM   #5   [permalink]
evangelion4

Send a message via MSN to evangelion4
i've seen appleseed 2004... yeah the animation was good but they kinda over did the matix bullet time thingy abit (it's been done so much now its lost the woo effect it has)
well that the only thing i can kinda comment on it since it was all in jap....

Parts i liked :
- when the three dudes in the orange suit was running around blowing the place up (was the only fight scene i really like)

- the part when the coppa/plane got to the city ""utopia" i think thats what they called it" at the begining and the basement jaxx sone started playing

Parts i didn't like:
- the start when the zombie like things were killing everyone without thought then when the got to her they stoped and started suffling around her.....that was so stupid..

- the use of the ultra slowmo.... it's so lame...
evangelion4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 12:54 PM   #6   [permalink]
parabellum

Smile Appleseed TV series

according to animenewsnetwork, there is a plan to produced 26 episode TV series to be released in 2006.
parabellum is offline   Reply With Quote