Old 09-04-2004, 08:34 PM   #1   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Koi Kaze

I think I'll enjoy this one. It looks like it's gonna be a slice of life anime, which is great because I don't see too many of these around. A "real" story may kick in later, but I think I'll still enjoy it without one. I guess I can't opinionate too much after just one episode, so I'll leave it at that.

I can't really describe the anime without spoiling the whole first episode, so read the rest at your own risk.

Spoiler:
That anime starts off showing a guy in his late 20's. He's just going about his life as usual. His parents are divorced, and he finds out from his dad that his little sister, whom his mother had custody of and whom he hasn't seen since she was real young, is moving in with them. Throughout the episode, he encouters a high school girl. He first encountered her when she dropped something and returned it to her. In the end, he finds out this same girl is his sister.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:39 PM   #2   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Spoiler:
I just watched the first episode myself. I found the pacing to be a bit....slow moving. One thing for sure, this is definately story driven. It's going to be interesting how Koshiro and Nanoka react to each other since they found out they're related and went on a date. Not to mention the fact that he's 12 years older than she is....but it may not affect the feelings that Koshiro has for Nanoka which would be expected. Looks like incest is heading in our direction.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2004, 02:18 AM   #3   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Regarding your last sentence, I hope not. I know those elements were sort of shown, but I'm hoping the series will go into how they get along and cope with this change in their lives, and things like that... not to that last sentences degree. Dear god I hope not. That would be a quick way for me to not like this series.
Old 22-04-2004, 10:44 PM   #4   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Spoiler:
I watched episodes 2 and 3 today. It seems like Koshiro is trying to adjust being around Nanoka, but at the same time he becomes more and more irritated at himself for thinking of her as more than a sibiling. I'm assuming that Nanoka may have some hidden feelings as well. Towards the end of episode 3, Nanoka sees Koshiro is there to pick her up, but she hesitates and wonders for a bit what it would be like to kiss or "be" with her brother. I'm not rooting for incest here, it's just that its getting to a point where Koshiro may break down and try to kiss his sister, considering the fact that he was attracted to her before they found out they were sibilings. I think the story is cute, emphazing the hardships between brother and sister and how they feel about each other. Next episode, Koshiro's ex-girlfriend will come back to fray to catch Koshiro with Nanoka. This should be interesting to see.
Old 29-04-2004, 12:54 AM   #5   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Spoiler:
Watched episode 4 today, this was by far the funniest and most revealing episode so far. Looks like Koshiro's desires is getting the best of him as he went ahead and smelled Nanoka's bra!!! Then to top it off, he masterbated...Poor guy. He trying so hard to fight it, but the more he fights it, the deeper the desires become which is the irony of this situation. His mind and body are definately not in synch. It's only a matter of time before he tries to make a move on his own sister.....which I am sure she wouldn't mind!! The next episode will be even more interesting, as Nanoka goes to Koshiro's room to take out the trash only to find some tissues with some....stuff inside them, if you catch my drift. Seems like this going down a pretty weird road here. Can't wait for the next episode.
Old 03-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #6   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
I picked this up at Best Buy becasue of the Marmalade Boy reference on the box.

It was a bit like Marmalade Boy, but it's not cute/funny but more on the weird/disgusting side.

The end of volume 1 really threw me in a loop. Wondering if I shoud even try volume 2 after that scene.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:15 AM   #7   [permalink]
random1377
Forum Elite

Location: In a dark, angsty corner, loathing myself for all my failures.
Send a message via ICQ to random1377 Send a message via AIM to random1377 Send a message via Yahoo to random1377
I've seen up to episode 7. It's really engaging, but it IS kind of hard to watch, considering the subject matter. Kinda reminds me of Kimi ga Nozomu Eien in terms of tone and execution.

but yeah, stay away if the idea of... ha, thought I was going to put a spoiler in here, didn't you?

-Random