Old 26-12-2001, 05:43 PM   #1   [permalink]
Satsuki

Red face Mugen No Ryvius

I've downloaded all Episodes of Ryvuis right now.. but only 10 are Subed.
Aren't there more subed epsiodes, or what?
*waaaaaitttinnnnnnnnng*
Old 26-12-2001, 06:11 PM   #2   [permalink]
suzaku
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to suzaku Send a message via AIM to suzaku Send a message via Yahoo to suzaku
oro?

this is the first time i've heard of it...
Old 26-12-2001, 07:24 PM   #3   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Takahashi
Satsuki meant Infinite Ryvius. I don't think there is any more subbed. I have a few eps but haven't watch it yet.
Takahashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2001, 07:30 AM   #4   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Ifinite Ryvuis is by the same team that did scryed

Ironic that the have the same amount of eps subbed at the moment i think

supposively one of the hardest series to fansub according to an transaltor i talked to

It's also been described as lord of the flies in space anime style

Apparantly popular in japan as well according to some ppl on the bakamx boards but i don't know if thats the truth
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2001, 12:34 PM   #5   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
Quote:
Originally posted by Westlo

It's also been described as lord of the flies in space anime style
as in, kids trapped in a spaceship and they start to kill each other type?
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 10:08 PM   #6   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

I have seen the first 10 subbed and some raw episode and I must say that its a lot like Lord of the flies as in Kids traps in a spaceship without parental guidance. Though the kids don't kill each other it does have the complex setting and relationship of LOTF as in kids starting to take sides and leaders are born to lead the pack. That is where the similarity ends as Mugen No Ryvius, take a different road when the kids were attacked by the people who were supposed to help them, this came totally as a suprise since it is in peace time cause of a cosmic disaster which wipe out half of the life on earth.

*Review sofar which contains spoilers*

The story, a disaster in the form a of a solar flare emitted from the sun which spread across the solar system, causing what they would later called the "Geduld" phenomenon. This geduld is a sort of mist with high gravity density covering half of the earth, making life there impossible, since humans need to expand they setup space exploration projects. This is where the story begins as a group of 460+ children are trained on a space station to operate spaceships and take commands. During a routine system checked there seems to be some saboteurs on boards whom cause the space station to drop into the Geduld phenomenon, the saboteurs also killed all the adults and was about to finish off the students, but they where caught and the kids escaped in a top secret space ships hidden within the space station. As they makes there way back out of the Geduld phenomenon, they where attack by one of their own ships and everyone started to panick, they could either choose to fight back or be destroyed. Within the secret space ship(Ryvius explain the title) there is a robot which they used as a weapon against the agressor, the robot is using some kind of magnetic space folding technique, which led me to believe that there is another party involved, since the agressor didn't know the robot has this kind of ability. As they were attack by one of their owns they couldn't rely on help anymore and starts planning to get home on their own. During the episode there appear this mysterious entity that lives on a different planes as the humans, they can breath in space, moves through walls and cannot be detected. Currently they are only observers as in they haven't done anything but watch and read the thought of the crew member of the Ryvius, with somewhat empathic ability only a few member could see these observers for split seconds and wipe it off as daydreaming. These observers is gonna play a major role later on I think, since they are featured in each episode.
Old 10-01-2002, 04:49 PM   #7   [permalink]
thething

It is Lord of the Flies in space with giant mechas. If you think they dont' kill each other then you probably haven't watch enough of the series yet .
It does deal with lots of emotional aspect of the teens that are on the ship. Love, hate, power, all that good stuff. And you learn later that the ship itself... eh.. ok i guess i shouldn't say anything about it.
I've watch the c subs and I can tell you that at times I can only understand half of what they are saying. Must be very difficult to translate, but ak is doing a great job at it.
It's a great series to watch, but once you get into it, it might be a long while to wait for the next episode. I doubt they can translate any faster than they are doing right now.
thething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2002, 05:00 PM   #8   [permalink]
Takahashi
Forum Master

Well up till episode 10, I haven't seen any kids trying to murder each other yet. Though food supply is running low, so there might be conflict about the points for food system. As far as I have seen they are merely picking on each other and beating one another for the points but nothing serious like killing each other.
Old 09-06-2005, 02:15 PM   #9   [permalink]
cr8ter

I just finnished watching it, it's really great. I got it from a friend and I don't know where he got it from . The storie is kind of like the book "The Lord Of The Flies" (Great book!!!) it shows that there is corruption everywhere not only around you
cr8ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 11:54 PM   #10   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Thanks for reminding me. Ive only see as far as when they've gotten out of the gas cloud thingy and come under attack.

Man, that guy and his brother really have some issues eh?
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 02:57 AM   #11   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

One of the nice twists in the series is who becomes the central antagonist near the end of the series, because its not who you think it is.

Anyways, Infinite Ryvius has its own board now.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote