Old 19-03-2005, 11:07 PM   #1   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Mahou Sensei Negima

I must say this anime really surprised me.

At first I thought this would be some sort of kiddy anime with lots of laughs and little depth but I was pleasantly surprised to see some nice spellcasting and battle action.Ok it's not Record of Lodoss War,but in these days were the medieval fantasy genre is all but abandonned,I"m happy to see some good old fashionned spellcasting.

Also I've come to like the characters whho manage to become unique.While there are some classic characters (Asuna the tomboy,Nodoka the shy girl) there's also some quite original characters.
Old 03-04-2005, 05:37 AM   #2   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Im rather enjoying this anime. Its light, the music is nifty, and the ideas arent old. I particularly like how a magician requires a tank just like in standard RPGs.
Also, can never go wrong with cute schoolgirls.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 03:03 AM   #3   [permalink]
xfracture

i prefer the manga to the anime personally.
i dont like the way the characters look in the anime (they messed with the hair colors, etc)
xfracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 05:35 PM   #4   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
I thought manga was typicall B&W?

Anywho, you're not going to try and tell me that the chick he lives with isnt a redhead? That kinda energy and baka power can only come from a redhead.
Old 07-04-2005, 04:20 AM   #5   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

They have color pages sometimes. In this case, there's a two-page scene of nearly all the characters, in full color, in the beginning of the first volume.

I'm guessing xfracture is refering to the hair colors being much more vibrant in the anime. The colors were softer and blended more in the manga. Then again, that's just my guess, but that's the impression I got when I first watched MSN.

Ok, the point of this post... MSN is a fun watch. I feel a bit disjointed watching sometimes, since they've rearranged alot of the story from the manga, as well as adding and taking out things... but nothing to the degree of detracting me from the series. It still entertains me about as much as the manga did.

The animation sucked up until ep 10 or so, but it's starting to smooth out a bit now. I never look forward to JP DVD releases, since they rarely get fansubbed for tv series' that have already been done, but this one will have some major changes in it's art and animation for the first 10 or so eps. Basically, it'll look a helluva lot nicer and not be moving at 2 frames per second. So, I'm actually hoping someone will pick up the DVDs and fansub it. I'd grab them, but I believe this one will definitely be licensed for NA and I can pick those up then. I'd just like nicer fansubs to tie me over until then, hehehe.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:31 PM   #6   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

I dont think I had a problem with the animation. Are you getting your subs from Ishin?
Old 07-04-2005, 06:38 PM   #7   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

You should try Anime Council,they did excellent work.

Speaking of colors,I"m sure you all noticed Asuna has a green and a blue eye.I wonder if they'll explain why later in the series.

Myself I just like to enjoy the craziness of it.The episode through the library was really funny
Old 13-04-2005, 09:05 PM   #8   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

The animation was so sporatic in the first 9 or so eps. I mean, I remember the ep where the twins were taking Negima all over campus, and when they showed the three of them, in a panned out shot, talking, all you see is the lips move on one char, while the other two just stood there. Then the lips on a diff char, and so forth. Occasionally, the chars would slightly shift position.

Sure, one example, but there's also the Eva/Negima bridge battle. What was an awesome fight scene in the manga was horrid in the anime because they would cut out to other scenes or use methods, basically to not show much of the actual battle.

Anyway, so it looks like I went off, but it didn't bother me that much. It only bothered me to a small degree because I actually noticed it. Art, animation, music, whatever.. they have to be damn good or damn horrible for me to really notice... which is why MSN stood out.

Geh, moot point now. Things are looking better so it's fine.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:44 AM   #9   [permalink]
animan102

Question What is that song?

The song after the fight with Eva/Negima(Ep 08), when she is remembering some things about her past. (Don't wanna say cause of spoilers) What song from the soundtrack is that? I have tried to find it since I heard it on a later episode (13, about 15mins into it) but haven't had any luck at all. It's a slower song and sounds like nothing else on the show so far. Can anyone tell me?

Last edited by animan102; 03-06-2005 at 04:55 AM.
animan102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005, 01:43 PM   #10   [permalink]
oppa
Forum Junkie

Dunno. If it's just music, it'll be on the OST. Eh, 19 out of 20 times that's true. I suggest... getting the OST? Other then that, I have no idea.

Anyone still following this? After my last post here, I fell behind but have caught up now.

I've been enjoying MSN anime alot more then when I started since I've learned to separate manga and anime. It helps that the anime is different enough to enjoy it separately. The extended stories have shown deeper and more interesting relationship ties, and regardless of if that's "not what the mangaka intended," they have been entertaining.

Finally, the Kyoto arc will start... hopefully. Some scenes in the episode 20 preview looked like they were from that arc. It's been a while since I read the manga, but presuming my memory isn't completely hazy, the arc should start in the next ep.
Old 24-06-2005, 10:44 AM   #11   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

That'll be interesting.

I'm happy they finally showed what was the deal with the white haired girl.The way she was always in class but never did anything i was starting to think she was a cardboard cutout or something.
Old 24-06-2005, 04:48 PM   #12   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Originally Posted by Darklightz
That'll be interesting.

I'm happy they finally showed what was the deal with the white haired girl.The way she was always in class but never did anything i was starting to think she was a cardboard cutout or something.

I never noticed her previously. Guess I just dont pay enough attention. I wonder if the principal will get to see her?
Old 24-06-2005, 06:45 PM   #13   [permalink]
Darklightz
Forum Elite

Spoiler:
I think he does see her.How else would she be listed in the same class for 60 years?Either she was kept there on purpose or the school secretary sucks.
Old 24-06-2005, 11:09 PM   #14   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
Hey, why put it spoiler when everybody can just click the button and read it and yes I know this is
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote