Old 02-07-2005, 02:02 PM   #1   [permalink]
MerleFan

Tales of Phantasia....the Anime

This was better than expected.

Great animation, great music...wish it was longer though....
MerleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:54 PM   #2   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to Fatal Outlaw
I never knew ToP had an anime. Is it licensed here in the US or is it fansubbed?
Fatal Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #3   [permalink]
MerleFan

it's now licensed by Geneon...I saw the fansub...definatly going to buy the real one...
MerleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #4   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by MerleFan
it's now licensed by Geneon...I saw the fansub...definatly going to buy the real one...
EXCELLENT.

I have the Tales of Eternia on fansub and I recently (like 2 days ago) just finished Tales of Symphonia (which is a "prequel" of sorts to ToP the game, I don't know how faithful the game is to the anime.) You should check out Eternia if you haven't already and play Symphonia if you have a gamecube. Great series.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:40 AM   #5   [permalink]
Robotech Master
Forum Addicted

Wait, so Symphonia WAS connected to some of the other Tales games. I thought it was a stand alone, but then again I've never played the other Tales series games other than Symphonia.

I remember Tales of Eternia being licensed and then getting dropped. The only thing I've seen from it is this one pic of a woman with long blue hair and elf-like ears. I remember saving that pic because I thought it was cute, lol.

Robotech Master
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 07:42 PM   #6   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Ive only seen tales of Eternia =(
It seemed damned short and unfinished. Guess now I know why.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:02 PM   #7   [permalink]
Fatal Outlaw
Forum Master

Originally Posted by Robotech Master
Wait, so Symphonia WAS connected to some of the other Tales games. I thought it was a stand alone, but then again I've never played the other Tales series games other than Symphonia.
Well, just one game, technically. Symphonia is a "prequel" of sorts to the never released in the US Tales of Phantasia. I put the quotation becuase there's really only two connections from Symphonia into Phantasia, all the others are different, including town names. If you want to know how, read below, of course, there will be spoilers, for anyone that might try and read it. Also in Symphonia, if you do the party battle in the Arena in Meltokio, you get to fight characters from other Tales of games.

Symphonia spoilers:

the link that ties Tales of Symphonia into Phantasia is that the Great Tree, named Yggdrasil (which answers the question to what Lloyd named the tree at the end of Symphonia) is present at the same place guarded by the same person, Martel, or rather Mana. there's also a town named Aselia, I don't know if it's the same as Iselia as I've never played the game myself.

If you already knew that, then pardon me. I love the Tales Of series. But in the same vein, Tales of Destiny has a sequel, only released in Japan called Tales of Destiny II (not to be confused with Tales of Eternia, which Namco released in the US as Tales of Destiny II as well.) Other than that, there's no connection between the other Tales of games.