Old 18-10-2005, 09:51 PM   #1   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Paradise Kiss

With the Tsubasa Chronicle season one wrapped up I decided to see what new title I should begin. Whilst searching I stumbled upon Paradise Kiss, normally I wouldn't care for shoujo anime about fashion designers and the such but I was really liked the character designs and art style that and Tommy february6 did the opening for it, oh and a Franz Ferdinand song was used for the ending.

First episode, what did I think? Loved both the opening and ending sequences. The show itself seemed a bit all surreal to me and the direction seemed a bit awkward but with that said the quality it looks very high production. I enjoyed the odd SD chibi faced scene but other than that didn't really do it for me. I might continue it though, see if it'll grow on me or not that and I'm only following one series via fansub anyway so I have the time for this.

So anyone else following the Paradise Kiss anime?
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #2   [permalink]
sjyek

i did come across the title.. but since i've already began watching a few new animes all at the same time (blood+, jigoku shoujo aka hell girl, speed grapher, mai otome & gakuen alice).. not to mention the still running bleach & trinity blood.. i couldn't be bothered to watch it since it's listed under "shoujo" genre.. but maybe i'll have a go at it later.. who knows? maybe i'll like it after all..
sjyek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2005, 09:11 PM   #3   [permalink]
iwakura
Forum Master

Send a message via AIM to iwakura
Heh -- Shoujo is one of the better genres....

Surreal with good animation sounds pretty good. Surreal shoujo should be a bit less overly dramatic as some of the other shoujo can be...
Old 25-11-2005, 06:31 AM   #4   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
I just finished watching the first episode. I must say that it has a very unique style to it. I'm not into fashion designing too much, but I still was able to watch it because the story is very engaging and passion-driven. Oh and I love the OP and ED Themes as well. And the Characters are certainly unique, especially George. He has that on-screen presence like as soon as he walks in, the whole stage just lights up.

I know that Japan has just opened up a store for Paradise Kiss merchandise so I'm pretty sure that this will be or already is, a huge hit in Japan.

I think I'll go ahead and continue watching it to see where and how far it goes.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2005, 06:43 AM   #5   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Originally Posted by ACE2001
Oh and I love the OP and ED Themes as well.
[...]
I think I'll go ahead and continue watching it to see where and how far it goes.
The PV for Lonely in Gorgeous is love, maybe it's just the Tomoko fanboy inside of me but it's just such a silly and amusing video that and Tomoko is adorable when she acts drunk.

I haven't pursued with anymore episodes of Paradise Kiss, I doubt I will as well.
Old 25-11-2005, 06:47 AM   #6   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Originally Posted by orochi X
The PV for Lonely in Gorgeous is love, maybe it's just the Tomoko fanboy inside of me but it's just such a silly and amusing video that and Tomoko is adorable when she acts drunk.

I haven't pursued with anymore episodes of Paradise Kiss, I doubt I will as well.

How come? How many episodes you've seen so far?
Old 25-11-2005, 07:02 AM   #7   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Just the first, I sort of enjoyed it but again I don't have the motivation to invest in the series. I'm terribly picky.
Old 26-11-2005, 04:21 AM   #8   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

I finished watching episodes 2 and 3 and I'm stilling enjoying the series. The art style is definately growing on me. Although my fashion sense isn't too keen!! However what I like most about this anime is the straight-forwardness of the characters. They aren't like your typical anime characters whom like to say umm,,duhh,,,or act like complete idiots all in avoiding to express their true feelings. Nope, the characters here aren't afraid to say what's on their mind which definately gives off a good sense of maturity in the show. Especially when:

Spoiler:
Yukari and George end up confessing to one another in episode 3. I thought this whole episode was quite touching. How George got jealous and how he was driving Yukari crazy, although she had a crush on Toku. They didn't dance around their feelings for each other, they said what need to be said and that was wrap. Truly a romantic feeling. Now I only hope George doesn't cheat on her!!!

I haven't mentioned the relationship between Miwa and Arashi. They are also refreshing to watch as well. Two characters whom are truly in love with each other. I'm stilling wondering why Miwa calls Yukari "Caroline?"

One more thing, I watched episode 1 and when Miwa was telling Yukari in the Atelier that she couldn't change in front of the boys, it got me wondering of Izabella was a man? I probably mis-interpeted it wrong.

Overall, I love what I'm seeing. Definatley a Mature anime.